*** THE BATMAN UNIVERSE ***

20,036 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It takes place in the immediate aftermath of The Batman and serves as the bridge to The Batman Part II. With Falcone now dead, it's about the criminal power grab in his absence - mainly, about the Penguin vs Falcone's daughter. With Pattinson rumored to cameo in a later episode or two.
MooreTrucker
AG
I'm still amazed that it's Colin Farrell under all that makeup.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Not from a legit source yet, but there does seem to be some potential smoke here. Would be fantastic casting, if so...

The Porkchop Express
I didn't love the first movie as much as many here but that would add to the universe's phenomenal casting job.
Sex Panther
AG
That would be a homerun casting
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I'm hesitant to even post this, as the "scooper" peddling this particular rumor is known for throwing sh*t against the wall and only being right like 25% of the time. That said, it would at least make sense of the delays, and on other levels as well...

Basically, he says he's hearing that The Batman Part II AND The Batman Part III are scheduled to film back-to-back/at the same time.

Which, again, would explain the crazy delay from 2025 to 2026, if Reeves is actually writing two scripts instead of one. That the strikes pushed Part II back an entire year, knowing that Reeves had been working on the script for months before the strikes even happened, has never quite made sense to me, but who knows.

Regardless of the cause of the delay, I also don't know that I see Reeves wanting to spend another three to four years, after 2026, on The Batman Part III. Especially after having spent roughly six consecutive years on the Apes movies prior to The Batman. So he'd easily shave a couple years off his Batman stint by making II and III back-to-back/at the same time, he could then move onto to something else after, etc.

Finally, as good as this eventual trilogy will likely be (if Reeves is, in fact, planning a trilogy), I could see Gunn and co potentially liking the idea of Reeves wrapping it up sooner rather than later, so as to not continue to "distract" from the DCU. Perhaps it makes more sense to release II and III in, say, 2026 and 2027, respectively, instead of 2026 and 2029/2030, seeing as the primary/DCU iteration of Batman will simultaneously be out there as well, in those movies.

All that said, again, this is more than likely BS, but it's at least an interesting prospect to consider.
TCTTS
AG
Welp...

TCTTS
AG
Re: the above, along with another rumor this morning, saying Part II could be delayed past 2026 now, which I don't believe at all. For whatever reason, though, the speculation is running rampant today...

TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.