*** THE BATMAN UNIVERSE ***

112,675 Views | 712 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by FL_Ag1998
toucan82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've got my ticket for Sunday night
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Production halted again.

I had to check the link my buddy sent me to make sure it wasn't from 2024 or 2025.

Just gotta laugh at this point.

https://deadline.com/2026/10/the-batman-part-ii-production-pause-matt-reeves-1237146807/
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Production halted again.

I had to check the link my buddy sent me to make sure it wasn't from 2024 or 2025.

Just gotta laugh at this point.

https://deadline.com/2026/10/the-batman-part-ii-production-pause-matt-reeves-1237146807/

He's not going to finish it and Gunn is going to take over. Worst nightmare.

Quote:

Production is pausing on the Warner Bros and DC Studios pic The Batman Part II due to director Matt Reeves stepping away for personal reasons.

veryfuller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
He's got to be sick or something or someone in his family is. This is crazy.

I doubt they'd bring in Gunn to finish the movie. You know who is a close friend of Reeves tho? James Gray. That would be interesting for him to step in and finish the film.
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just a wild ass guess, and I hope not true, but my bet is that his personal reasons are either addition or depression-related.
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
veryfuller said:

He's got to be sick or something or someone in his family is. This is crazy.

I doubt they'd bring in Gunn to finish the movie. You know who is a close friend of Reeves tho? James Gray. That would be interesting for him to step in and finish the film.


Shut your mouth before you speak this into existence!!
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I finally heard what the issue likely is, and if so it's pretty sad. Reeves and his wife of 27 years have one son together, who is apparently really sick. Whether it's a natural illness or drug/alcohol related, I'm not sure (I'm guessing the former), but it's the one issue that finally makes sense of all the delays.

That said, as of now, it doesn't sound like this will affect the release date of the movie. It's still so far out that they have plenty of padding in that regard. To the point where I'm now wondering if this was anticipated/built in, and that's why the crazy lead time. We shall see…
veryfuller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
I didn't. I was responding to someone else bringing it up.
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
veryfuller said:

I didn't. I was responding to someone else bringing it up.


My bad. Youbet, shut your mouth!
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

I finally heard what the issue likely is, and if so it's pretty sad. Reeves and his wife of 27 years have one son together, who is apparently really sick. Whether it's a natural illness or drug/alcohol related, I'm not sure (I'm guessing the former), but it's the one issue that finally makes sense of all the delays.

That said, as of now, it doesn't sound like this will affect the release date of the movie. It's still so far out that they have plenty of padding in that regard. To the point where I'm now wondering if this was anticipated/built in, and that's why the crazy lead time. We shall see…


Well, either option is a true shame, nothing any parent should have to endure.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Just a wild ass guess, and I hope not true, but my bet is that his personal reasons are either addition or depression-related.


I bet it's the arithmetic. Adding numbers takes a toll over time.
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol, dammit!
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.