*** THE BATMAN UNIVERSE ***

20,599 Views | 191 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by nickstro66
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Let's hope Dick Grayson looks exactly like that image in the movie and is played by Justin Bieber.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express
Hush has a pretty convoluted back story so hopefully it's a lot more down to earth on film.
TCTTS
AG
jeffk
AG
This thread needs to see this

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I remember thinking Burton's Batmobile in '89 was the coolest thing I had ever seen in my eight years on Earth. I lost my minds at "Shields" / when the whole thing covered itself in armor in the movie, and then I became insanely jealous when my neighbor told me someone in Texas had won it in a contest and drove it around as their regular car (which was one of those hilarious legends/games-of-telephone that was rampant in the '80s/'90s).

Then, I still remember in 2004 when Warner Bros debuted the first image of Nolan's "Tumbler," how weird it looked on first impression, but then five minutes later how cool the concept of a hulking Batmobile became, once it sunk in and I got used to the idea. Add to it the awesome surprise of the Batpod bursting out of it in The Dark Knight, and man, what a cool piece of tech.

But now? I have to say I love this one just as much as the last two, due to how dead simple it is in comparison, how perfect it fits the Pattison version of the character, how badass he looks driving it, and how cool it sounds when Batman revs/ignites the engine in the rain just before the chase scene with the Penguin. It just looks so mean, and I can't wait to see what Reeves does with it in the next movie...

jeffk
AG
Oh you think the Batmobile is cool? I guess you didn't have your brand new Jetta totaled in a huge pileup on the highway after that caped DB and his little friends were joyriding around through heavy traffic. And now f-ing State Farm is denying my claim because they say I was following too close in poor driving conditions. No matter that some idiot in a hot rod decided to cause a massive accident and then jump through the fireball of burning property. MF-ing vigilantes!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Releasing this fall...

TCTTS
AG
Fall 2024 = Eight hours of The Penguin.
Fall 2025 = Two-and-a-half hours of The Batman Part II.
TCTTS
AG
I'm guessing nothing more than a cameo toward the end of the season, but who knows…

TCTTS
AG
Hopefully he's mostly in the margins. Either way, I seriously doubt he's the primary villain...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Better keep him away from the graves of Bruce's parents.
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

Releasing this fall...

Every time I see this stuff, I'm just astonished that it's Colin Farrell under all of that
MooreTrucker
AG
jeffk said:

This thread needs to see this

That's so awesome!!
MooreTrucker
AG
Pffft...that's nothing but a stripped down hot rod that can be found everywhere.

Now this? This is cool.....

Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed! VROOOOMMMM!!!
Quad Dog
AG
Didn't see a Joker 2 thread, so I guess it belongs here? How do you make a Joker movie musical with a larger budget than Dune 2?

I'm calling it now, Joker 2 never hits theaters. WB pulls a Batgirl and cans it for a tax write-off.

MooreTrucker
AG
Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn?????
TCTTS
AG
Until there's an official Joker: Folie a Deux thread, I would say Joker stuff goes in the DCU thread, seeing as it's considered an "Elseworld" property under the new banner...

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3433393

This thread is meant only for the Matt Reeves/Robert Pattinson Batman universe.
TCTTS
AG
Or, if someone wants to make a Joker: Folie a Deux thread, go right ahead.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Quad Dog said:

Didn't see a Joker 2 thread, so I guess it belongs here? How do you make a Joker movie musical with a larger budget than Dune 2?

I'm calling it now, Joker 2 never hits theaters. WB pulls a Batgirl and cans it for a tax write-off.

Almost 0 chance it gets scrapped completely.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Shirley you can't be serious.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I was starting to wonder, considering we still had no script, no start date, no casting news, no nothing, but this truly sucks. How does Reeves need FOUR AND A HALF YEARS between movies? What the hell?

TCTTS
AG
Reeves had 14 months between the release of the first movie and the writers strike. He's since had five months between the end of the strike and now. It shouldn't take 19 months to have the script ready to go. I love Reeves, and I obviously want him to get the script right, but man this just feels like it's killing any momentum this franchise would have a had. With The Penguin series coming out this fall, it's now going to be another two years after that…

TCTTS
AG
AgfromHOU
AG
Well this ****ing sucks
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

This is like saying we can't host the Super Bowl next year because we booked the space for the boat show.

After all the debacles with DC in Bats vs. Supes, the Justice League abomination, they come out with this great gritty pic that makes $369 dom / $765 WW. If you crank out an as-good or better sequel in 2-3 years, you make $500 / $1 billion just like Dark Knight. WTF could they possibly be doing?

veryfuller
Staff
AG
My big thought is they made a lot of use of the volume in The Batman. That is a lot of pre-production work, so perhaps that is the delay?

I'm actually a fan of having MORE time between sequels anyway. I'd rather them have a lot of time to make it right, then rush it and it suck.
TCTTS
AG
Trailer rumored to drop this week…

MrPlow2010
AG

This looks really good. Can't wait.
TCTTS
AG
Cannot wait for this.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

This looks really good. Can't wait.
I haven't kept up with all of this. Is this a prequel of sorts? Looks fun. I love mob movies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.