Bluey

39,229 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BadMoonRisin
ThreatLevel: Midnight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You wanna get hit square in the feels?
Season 2 episodes: Flatpack and the killer for me is Grandad. End of that one gets me every time.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
jokershady
AG
ThreatLevel: Midnight said:

Season 2 episodes: Flatpack and the killer for me is Grandad. End of that one gets me every time.
yup….

The Porkchop Express

That episode is not fair. My wife and I were both choked up and the kids are like, what?

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Yeah, Grandad is definitely an emotional watch. Camping is also one that gets to me for some reason. Just that idea of people coming in and out of your life and not knowing if/when that will happen. I guess in my older years I think about that more as you drift apart from some friends, then you look up and it's been years since you spoken .

Baby Race is the one that gets to my wife.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG

Season 2 episodes: Flatpack

This one never did until the other day I was actually paying attention and the symbolism finally hit me. Apparently I'm dense as **** and didn't pick up on That in Bluey and Bingos role play, that Bluey as "mom" watches as her daughter goes into adulthood then she passes into heaven, watching over her (bandit ends up saying "this is heaven", but I always took the plain meaning). ****. Right in the feels
redline248
AG
Finally finished all of season 3 with the whole family. Of course the kids binged them all in 2 days. Unicorse is so friggin funny, partly b/c my daughter cackles more than she ever does for anything.

I'm going to have to watch the season again b/c I already forgot so much.
Sapper Redux
It's also an overview of the evolution of life on Earth. Really good episode.
Legal Custodian
AG
So many good episodes that are kinda slapstick comedy that make you laugh. But then they come out with an episode like Rain that is so well done. Tells a heart warming story with literally no words being said. Such a thoughtful and relaxing episode. And my kids are mesmerized by it which speaks to the greatness of the show.
The Porkchop Express
Legal Custodian said:

So many good episodes that are kinda slapstick comedy that make you laugh. But then they come out with an episode like Rain that is so well done. Tells a heart warming story with literally no words being said. Such a thoughtful and relaxing episode. And my kids are mesmerized by it which speaks to the greatness of the show.
Rain is my favorite episode of the third season, and considering that Unicorse exists, that's really saying something.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
htxag09
AG
I have a two year old and have never seen this show…..honest question, not meant to be judgmental at all, do your 2 year olds actually watch tv? My son will ask us to put on Mickey Mouse but will get bored and start playing with something else by the time the intro song is over.
The Porkchop Express
htxag09 said:

I have a two year old and have never seen this show…..honest question, not meant to be judgmental at all, do your 2 year olds actually watch tv? My son will ask us to put on Mickey Mouse but will get bored and start playing with something else by the time the intro song is over.

All a 2 year old should be doing right now is learning to grip a baseball in their left hand so they can get a max extension one day.
NotAGiantBagOfWater
Of all English shows with at least 5000 votes on IMDB, Bluey is the highest rated:

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?num_votes=5000,&title_type=tv_series&sort=user_rating,desc
Scotts Tot
AG
htxag09 said:

Depends on the kid and age. Our 4 and 2 year olds will sit and watch TV together. The 2 year old will usually watch for a half hour or so before going and doing something else, but the 4 year old seems like she could sit there and binge all the seasons of Paw Patrol in one sitting if we don't cut her off.
JABQ04
AG
Woke up to two new Bluey episodes today!
Drawkcab
My kid found this show recently. I kind of wrote it off for a while but finally caught a few minutes and it cracked me up. Can't believe we have a thread about it.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Just watched Rug Island from season 2 and it broke me. Man that was a good episode.

Never thought a kids show would cause such an emotional response from me. Had to hug my son.
Scriffer
AG
My girls made me play Statutes in the yard after dinner tonight.

Odd that I truly believe a cartoon has enriched my life like this.
Madmarttigan
AG
The baby race one gets me every time. Feels like we are always behind with my toddler daughter on every step.
JCRiley09
AG
When my son was 2, I thought this was an awesome show and the parents were incredible.

Now that he's 4, I feel like the parents are complicit in being tormented by their children.
EllisCoAg
AG
funny, when it is on, everyone will try to time the "Mum!", "Dad!" ... intro. you hear it echoing in all parts of the house.
jeffk
AG
JABQ04 said:

Family Meeting was initially not included in the American D+ drop because of all the fart humor.
JABQ04
AG
jeffk said:

JABQ04 said:

Family Meeting was initially not included in the American D+ drop because of all the fart humor.

Yeah. I had heard that. Its whackadoo. Which is weird because in the Easter episode they show Bandit taking a full on dump while the kids look for Easter clues. D+ makes no GD sense.
Sapper Redux
jeffk said:

JABQ04 said:

Allegedly
ABattJudd
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

JABQ04 said:
jeffk said:

Allegedly
And that's what I appreciates about you.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
gougler08
AG
Sapper Redux said:

jeffk said:

JABQ04 said:

Allegedly

I believe you mean Allegebly
The Porkchop Express
Placed a order for takeout BBQ tonight as Romeo McFlourish. My daughter didn't believe me until I loudly claimed who the order was for when we got to the restaurant.
gigemJTH12
AG
its crazy how much Blueys dad has made me more tolerant to just letting my kids be kids
MiMi
S
The 'Adult bluey fans' group on FB is pretty entertaining. The parents are posting their Bluey-themed kids birthday parties decor (including hand-made duck cakes), pavlova recipes, their Bluey tattoos, and seeing how many 'long dogs' they can spot in each episode. But it is a good place to find out where to find some cool Bluey toys as we head into Christmas. I've already picked up a few things for my young granddaughters that love this show.
AgfromHOU
AG
Huge dad win. My daughter (3 yr old) loves dogs and silliness. I've been trying to get her to watch Bluey for months, but it's been all about Paw Patrol.

Last weekend she said she wanted to watch Bluey and is now fully immersed. She just got some little figures of Bandit, Chilli, Bluey, Bingo, Rusty, and Chloe. She loves the Chloe one because that's her name and she loves Dalmatians (winner winner).

Love it.
The Porkchop Express
"Rain" episode was named of Entertainment Weekly's Top TV Episodes of 2022.

Bluey, "Rain" (ABC Kids)
(Written by Joe Brumm, directed by Richard Jeffery)
What makes Bluey so magical is that it not only understands the wonders and frustrations of the parent-child relationship but portrays it in a way that's not cloying or cliched. In this season 3 standout, a sudden thunderstorm creates a tiny river on the sidewalk, and Bluey, in her fervor to build a small dam, creates one mess after another, much to mom Chili's consternation. Almost completely without dialogue, a silent movie plays out between a determined kid and a frustrated mother who eventually sees the wonder in the falling water. There were many great episodes in season 3 "Faceytime" remains a hilarious delight but "Rain" is a beautiful little tone poem that perfectly demonstrates why Bluey is one of the most special shows on TV right now. Lauren Morgan
AliasMan02
AG
That was a really great episode.

I love Bluey, though I wish it dip into crassness sometimes.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Poor Bandit

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClCq3uFg-xq/?igshid=NGFlNTM4N2U=
gougler08
AG
10 more episodes dropping on Disney+ next week
spadilly
S
New episodes are out and they are fantastic.

Especially the ending to Puppets. I won't spoil it, but it rivals how good the Faceytalk bit was where they run through the house and you see it zoom style.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Any weirdos here without kids watch this like me?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.