Bluey

39,247 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BadMoonRisin
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On a previous version of this thread one of the posters pointed out how the show uses classical music pieces in the episodes. For instance, the ice cream episode features something from the nutcracker - waltz of the flowers
jeffk
AG
redline248 said:

On a previous version of this thread one of the posters pointed out how the show uses classical music pieces in the episodes. For instance, the ice cream episode features something from the nutcracker - waltz of the flowers

Yep! Here's a great article about it: https://theconversation.com/the-subtle-sophistication-of-blueys-soundtrack-helped-propel-it-to-stardom-153102
pinkdog
Late to this thread but I can't say enough good about Bluey. I like that the dad is such a big part of the picture. Remember when we (I was born 1981) were growing up and some of the old cartoons really missed the mark on things. There is a whole village of smurfs and only one female? Or a lot of looney tunes characters were mostly male. Good to see cartoons evolving to be reflective of family life.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
When my kids tell me I remind them of Bandit, it is a great source of pride for me.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, it's cool that Bandit is a stay at home/work from home dad.
mrsbeer05
AG
The official website says he's an archeologist because he's good at digging up bones
AgfromHOU
AG
This show is hilarious. My wife and I like it more than my 2 year old.
redline248
AG
AgfromHOU said:

This show is hilarious. My wife and I like it more than my 2 year old.
Just remember to watch it again at 4 years old
jeffk
AG
Right, and Chili works full-time in airport security.
mrsbeer05
AG
Just read that the people who voice Chili and Bandit have never met in real life
mazag08
AG
My kid is 15 months and dances to the title song every single time.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm 42 and I do as well. Usually try and copy Bandits sprinkler.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I'm 42 and I do as well. Usually try and copy Bandits sprinkler.

35 and same here
Jack Klompus
AG
My kids won't stop calling me Diddums.
redline248
AG
Just take their favorite stuff and make them give you a quarter for a chance to try and win it back with the claw.
Brock Sampson
AG
My 2 year old now says "No mate" in a thick Australian accent.

My oldest routinely talks like Janet from the Grannies episodes.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I wish my three year old was more into it because I think it's a great show. He only wants to watch ABC videos on youtube. He's obsessed with the alphabet.
mrsbeer05
AG
We play magic claw a lot! I'm just glad they haven't realized we could do dance mood.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Did it take anyone else several episodes to realize Bluey was a girl?
OldArmy71
AG
I suppose this is obvious, but during the main theme that introduces each episode, the four characters are playing a game of "freeze dance" or whatever your family calls it. Mum, Dad, and Bingo are eliminated in order because each one continues to move after the music stops.

jeffk
AG
Every time except one, that is.
OldArmy71
AG
Oh, that Bingo!
spadilly
S
Such a good show. I laugh harder than our kids most of the time.
mrsbeer05
AG
If you follow the official Bluey Instragram, there a frequently 2-3minute extra cartoons. There was one with Bandit telling the girls Cinderella, but they changes everything and it was hilarious.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
OldArmy71 said:

I suppose this is obvious, but during the main theme that introduces each episode, the four characters are playing a game of "freeze dance" or whatever your family calls it. Mum, Dad, and Bingo are eliminated in order because each one continues to move after the music stops.

I have this as my ring tone.
jeffk
AG
Same with their Twitter account.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
mrsbeer05
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

I can't think of another cartoon that is so loved by kids AND parents (maybe even more by parents). My parents never really sat down and watched cartoons other than Looney Tunes with me. But I will drop everything for some Bluey.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

I can't think of another cartoon that is so loved by kids AND parents (maybe even more by parents). My parents never really sat down and watched cartoons other than Looney Tunes with me. But I will drop everything for some Bluey.

I think it's because there not many other cartoons that have a family at its center. Most shows are kids doing things - PJ Masks, Rocketeer, Superheroes, Disney Princesses, etc.

This one has the Mom and Dad and main characters and as props to their kids imaginations abd it teaches a lesson to kids and parents alike. This dual plot / dual message is what draws in all viewers.

Your kids takeaway from a episode like "Bike" is completely different than your own. The young kids takeaway is to keep trying and you'll succeed eventually. The older kids and parents takeaway is let kids fail and do it on their own - non-interference. You watched the same thing, but enjoyed a different moral depending on your situation in life.

(You probably understood it already, so I didn't intend any condescension but just a reflection of my own I decided to jot down)
Tanya 93
mrsbeer05 said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

Phineas and Ferb?

Personally I loved Gravity Falls way more than my son and he has still seen every episode at least 4 times and dressed as Dipper for a character day at school
mrsbeer05
AG
I love Phineas and Ferb, but it came on when I was in college. My kids watch and we have fun with Agent P, but Bluey is life. Shaun shows up, we play keepy-uppy, we just are that family. I think SpreadsheetAg hit it on the head that Bluey being about the family is what makes it so great and brings everyone together.

Phineas and Ferb is about the brothers, but the parents are mostly out of the picture (for the sake of the plot).
BadMoonRisin
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

mrsbeer05 said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

I think it's because there not many other cartoons that have a family at its center. Most shows are kids doing things - PJ Masks, Rocketeer, Superheroes, Disney Princesses, etc.

This one has the Mom and Dad and main characters and as props to their kids imaginations abd it teaches a lesson to kids and parents alike. This dual plot / dual message is what draws in all viewers.

Your kids takeaway from a episode like "Bike" is completely different than your own. The young kids takeaway is to keep trying and you'll succeed eventually. The older kids and parents takeaway is let kids fail and do it on their own - non-interference. You watched the same thing, but enjoyed a different moral depending on your situation in life.

(You probably understood it already, so I didn't intend any condescension but just a reflection of my own I decided to jot down)
Yeah, its always really well written.

One of my favorites is "Grannies" where Bluey stops playing with Bingo because she thinks Grannies can floss, but they cant (the dance).

She tells her dad and Bandit replies "Well, do you want to be right? Or do you want to play with Bingo?" So Bluey sulks off and then teaches her Granny to floss so that Bingo can be right and they can play together again.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
redline248
AG
Holy sh-t. We're watching the seesaw episode, and usually I'm not paying attention to the side conversation while Bandit is realizing the pomeranian is sad. Well, the captions are on and the moms are talking about a TV show, something like this:

Yeah, I hope they bring him back for season four.

They do! Haven't you seen the trailer?

There's a trailer?

Yeah he's in Russia or something.

I watched the captions and was like "THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT STRANGER THINGS!" I love this show even more.
jbryan10
AG
Just started watching with my boys (3 & 1.5) based on this recommendation. Absolutely love it!
jeffk
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.