Bluey

39,220 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BadMoonRisin
stillmerk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everybody's kid is Muffin, right?
unearth222
AG
Both of my kids are "muffins"

Just wanted to join in and agree that this show is greatness. My daughter is 4.5 and my son will be 3 in September, and they both beg to watch it before bedtime every night. It's great family time for all of us, and it definitely adds new games to the household.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Magic Xylophone and Feather Wand are staples in my house now
OldArmy71
AG
Speaking of Muffin and Socks, it was interesting how Socks has age-progressed during the show. Early on, she could not speak, only bark, and walked on all fours like a .... dog. Lately Socks can talk and walks on two legs.
BDG02
AG
The puppies are voiced by crew members' kids. They're all uncredited on the show for anonymity/privacy purposes. So, they essentially age real-time, following the real kids
tysker
AG
OldArmy71 said:

Speaking of Muffin and Socks, it was interesting how Socks has age-progressed during the show. Early on, she could not speak, only bark, and walked on all fours like a .... dog. Lately Socks can talk and walks on two legs.
Like how the Uncle Rad and Frisky met during Double Babysitter and were later seen together on vacation in the Christmas Swim episode
redline248
AG
tysker said:

OldArmy71 said:

Like how the Uncle Rad and Frisky met during Double Babysitter and were later seen together on vacation in the Christmas Swim episode
Yeah, the weird thing about that is Disney aired Christmas Swim first. So when the double babysitter episode finally aired I was like, "wait a minute..." In fact, they are out of order on D+, too.
UnderoosAg
AG
Last night I was flipping channels. I stopped to check out Bluey because of this thread. My gf's teen daughter looked at me like I was nuts.

"Are you seriously gonna watch this?"

Yes.

Thirty seconds later, "this is gay."

The Mt. Mumndad episode ends and the magic asparagus one starts. I flip the channel and magically I hear, "wait go back". Uh huh.
redline248
AG
That asparagus episode is great
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

OldArmy71 said:

I suppose this is obvious, but during the main theme that introduces each episode, the four characters are playing a game of "freeze dance" or whatever your family calls it. Mum, Dad, and Bingo are eliminated in order because each one continues to move after the music stops.

I have this as my ring tone.
Me too. Dancing commences any time my phone rings around my boys.
Legal Custodian
AG
Having a "bush wee" is definitely part of my lexicon moving forward.
mrsbeer05
AG
I have the music from Fairy Ring in my running play list and it made my run so much fun
Thunder18
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Having a "bush wee" is definitely part of my lexicon moving forward.

I'm in Colorado for the week with the family and we have dropped "bush wee" references multiple times already
jeffk
AG
We talk about tactical wees before bedtime around here too.
spadilly
S
Best way to get a Bluey ringtone on my iPhone?
Blanco Jimenez
AG
It is in the iTunes store
Hudson2508
AG
Wow, just watched the Grandad episode. Unreal how much real emotion they can pack into these short episodes and still make it fun for toddlers. Both the wife and I teared up while the boys just smiled. Brilliant show.
BadMoonRisin
AG
spadilly said:

Best way to get a Bluey ringtone on my iPhone?

I have a free app on my phone called Zedge and it has the Bluey theme for download.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
israeliag
AG
Episode s1e43 Camping was some of the best 8 minutes I've ever watched. Just a beautiful piece of storytelling.

I managed to watch the first 20-25 eps with my daughter on vacation, but then missed the next 20 while back at work, and this was literally the first one I watched with the fam, and it had both my wife and I in tears. It's been three days since watching it and it stil haunts me with its beauty and melancholy.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I rarely watch an episode of the show that I don't think is just fantastic. I still haven't seen all of season 2 but I particularly love Bus, Flat Pack, Army and Mum School.

And Swim School

And Bin Night
FtBendTxAg
AG
Wait until you get to "sleepy time" ep in season 2. Great stuff. Incredible actually.
ChipFTAC01
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I rarely watch an episode of the show that I don't think is just fantastic. I still haven't seen all of season 2 but I particularly love Bus, Flat Pack, Army and Mum School.

And Swim School

And Bin Night

And Cafe, where Bandit slowly makes a new friend as guys tend to do.
Thunder18
AG
israeliag said:

Episode s1e43 Camping was some of the best 8 minutes I've ever watched. Just a beautiful piece of storytelling.

I managed to watch the first 20-25 eps with my daughter on vacation, but then missed the next 20 while back at work, and this was literally the first one I watched with the fam, and it had both my wife and I in tears. It's been three days since watching it and it stil haunts me with its beauty and melancholy.

Camping is definitely my favorite episode, I like Army as well
spadilly
S
FtBendTxAg said:

Wait until you get to "sleepy time" ep in season 2. Great stuff. Incredible actually.

Sleepy time is the best episode of the entire series, in my opinion. Just hits so close to home as a father. Amazing writing, amazing music, and amazing visuals.
Hudson2508
AG
My 4 year old dropped something the other day and yelled "Biscuits!" I couldn't stop laughing.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Well ***** My kid just started watching this and I almost banned it because it sounded like stupid ass Peppa. Guess I will give it a shot.
BCSGrubber
AG
My kids will only call the toilet a dunny now.
gougler08
AG
My daughter now calls me a big grub
gougler08
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

And Swim School

And Bin Night
My kids and I do bin night now, it's fun to steal a lot of the concepts and play with the kids. And sometimes painful
Hudson2508
AG
That's definitely the brilliance of this show. It teaches both kids and parents how to play better with each other. We always take ideas from the show.

It's hands down the best kids show we've ever watched. Not even close really.
AGnBCS
AG
Had to dig for this thread. Wow so late to the party but 4 yr old started watching this and I'm so hooked . Just spent a week at Disney and am kicking myself for not looking for cool bluey merch . Anyway just came to pile on about how great this show is . Disney really has something good, funny and wholesome. We need more content like this for kids and parents as well. Hope they keep it up .
BQwolf05
AG
5 year old started watching this too and it is great, I find myself laughing so hard watching this.
redline248
AG
My dvr lit up with a "new" Bluey recording and I was like "ah hell yeah!" Turns out it was just a collection of 3 similarly themed episodes I've seen a hundred times. What a bummer! lol
powerbelly
AG
AGnBCS said:

Had to dig for this thread. Wow so late to the party but 4 yr old started watching this and I'm so hooked . Just spent a week at Disney and am kicking myself for not looking for cool bluey merch . Anyway just came to pile on about how great this show is . Disney really has something good, funny and wholesome. We need more content like this for kids and parents as well. Hope they keep it up .
Disney most likely didn't have much Bluey merch. They only distribute the show, not own it.
mazag08
AG
Whenever the song comes on my 18 month old starts dancing. At the end, he throws up his arms like Bluey.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.