Bluey

39,223 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BadMoonRisin
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm making this happen on Halloween.

israeliag
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

Wait until you get to "sleepy time" ep in season 2. Great stuff. Incredible actually.

Really great episode. Love it's abstract nature which in retrospect seemed like the most perfect way to convey the warmth a family provides a child.
Scotts Tot
AG
israeliag said:

FtBendTxAg said:

Wait until you get to "sleepy time" ep in season 2. Great stuff. Incredible actually.

Really great episode. Love it's abstract nature which in retrospect seemed like the most perfect way to convey the warmth a family provides a child.

Also a cool nugget for anyone who isn't aware, the theme music that plays through much of the dream sequences in space and crescendos at the end of the episode is from an orchestral suite called The Planets (specifically the Jupiter movement) written by Gustav Holst over 100 years ago. Incredible choice of music for the episode.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
My kiddo(2.5) started saying everything was "heavy", like "box, heavy" like they do in feather wand. Was killing me every time he did it.
jeffk
AG
Joff Bush (@joffbush on Twitter) writes the music for the series and is a great follow on social media. He talks about where he draws inspiration from and how he incorporates classical music into the show. Also performs some of the themes from the episodes from time to time.
Scotts Tot
AG
Very cool! Thanks!
Legal Custodian
AG
My daughter (2.5 yrs old) all of sudden started saying, "I go bye-bye, you're really sad" and she would go hide in the kitchen for a minute before coming back. The wife and I went along with it for a bit until we asked her "Where are you going" after she said it again later that night, and she said she was going to a baby shower. Thought that was odd, but then realized she got it from the one episode where Chili left Bluey to go to a baby shower and Bluey was sad because she couldn't go with.

Now we don't know if she's copying the episode and just playing, or if that's her way of telling us she's really sad when one of us leaves. Hopefully the former, because it would break my heart if it's the latter.
redline248
AG
At that age, I suspect it's just copying the show.
CDub06
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

My kiddo(2.5) started saying everything was "heavy", like "box, heavy" like they do in feather wand. Was killing me every time he did it.
Ours (3.5) tried brushing her teeth with the toothbrush on the floor a couple of months back due to that episode... /eyeroll

She now exclusively calls the toilet "the dunny." And ran out of the room this weekend exclaiming "I need to have a wee!"

She's at a phase where she's absorbing SO MUCH, but Australian toilet slang really seems to be what's landing with her.
powerbelly
AG
CDub06 said:

Ours (3.5) tried brushing her teeth with the toothbrush on the floor a couple of months back due to that episode... /eyeroll

She now exclusively calls the toilet "the dunny." And ran out of the room this weekend exclaiming "I need to have a wee!"

She's at a phase where she's absorbing SO MUCH, but Australian toilet slang really seems to be what's landing with her.

My four year old daughter messed up when she was coloring the other day and said, "Aw biscuits!"
redline248
AG
The thing that has stuck with my son the most is the annoying little bird, Chatter Max, from the hide and seek episode. "Finish toilet, FINISH TOILET!"

Every single parent knows exactly why that bird was shoved in the back of the cabinet in the utility room.
lexofer
AG
My kid just repeatedly chants "Dad knows nothing" I hadn't seen that episode yet when she started it and she does it almost everyday. It's annoying AF.
CDub06
AG
Same episode and "trifficult" has become part of her lexicon. And yes, there's a lot of "Oh biscuits!" in the household.
Sapper Redux
lexofer said:

My kid just repeatedly chants "Dad knows nothing" I hadn't seen that episode yet when she started it and she does it almost everyday. It's annoying AF.

We're living in the past, dudes. Live in the now, dude.
10thYrSr
Sapper Redux said:

lexofer said:

We're living in the past, dudes. Live in the now, dude.

Stop saying "Dude"!
Satellite of Love
israeliag said:

Episode s1e43 Camping was some of the best 8 minutes I've ever watched. Just a beautiful piece of storytelling.

I managed to watch the first 20-25 eps with my daughter on vacation, but then missed the next 20 while back at work, and this was literally the first one I watched with the fam, and it had both my wife and I in tears. It's been three days since watching it and it stil haunts me with its beauty and melancholy.

Now watch it with French language on. Jean Luc is now speaking English for the episode!
fig96
AG
So my daughter is only 3 months old and not really watching anything yet, but we've been putting this on for some background and it's pretty darn entertaining. And after being put through the hell that is Cocomelon by my 3 year old niece it's a welcome change.

And one other random rec, Pocoyo is really fun.
israeliag
AG
Season 2's Baby Race and Monkeyjocks are another terrific couple of episodes that really hit you with the feels at the end.
Jinx
"Aw Biscuits" is big in our house too and I love it. Kid had a biscuit for breakfast several weeks ago a piece of it fell. Automatically said "aw biscuits" and the ensuing giggling fit from all of us will be a great memory for a long time.

Also recommend Cory Carson on Netflix.
redline248
AG
israeliag said:

Season 2's Baby Race and Monkeyjocks are another terrific couple of episodes that really hit you with the feels at the end.
"You're probably gonna regret that"
ChipFTAC01
AG
redline248 said:

israeliag said:

"You're probably gonna regret that"

"Hey Mate! That's my wife!"
CDub06
AG
I need to inform you all that there is a Keepy Uppy world championship.

GT_Aggie2015
AG
CDub06 said:

I'd take Aussie slang over the Peppa Pig accent any day of the week. Luckily, my three year old doesn't care much for PP…yet, anyway.
CDub06
AG
Did y'all know there's an episode, "Dad Baby," that Disney doesn't air in the US. It's actually hilarious.

We watched a bootlegged version: https://www.wcofun.com/bluey-season-2-episode-13-dad-baby

But you could go the VPN route and stream it from an Aussie outlet.

It's a shame they don't want to air it in the United States. And I don't really get why...
Satellite of Love
We peaked as a species in the early 20th century and have been going downhill since.
Satellite of Love
Have yall seen all of the Bluey Shorts?

Honk (Classic Muffin response)

The Lollipop Song (lets be thankful it isn't a real song out anywhere in a longer form)

Jingle Bells

Flying Saucer (the girls trying purposely trying to annoy Mum in the car!)

10 Green Bottles

Tea Party

Pea Pod Sausages

Mower

Cinderella

Humpty Dumpty

Highball
mrsbeer05
AG
They post them on their IG account. I get a little too excited when I see a new short posted.
CDub06
AG
Honk is one of my kid's favorites.
BowSowy
AG
This show is great. I'm so glad my daughter prefers it over freakin Coco Melon
The Porkchop Express
After watching every single Peppa Pig episode in a 3-month span in 2016, Bluey has been a fantastic upgrade. Season 3 coming to D+ in 2022 at some point.

There are a ton of episodes that hit you in the feels. As as a Dad who works from home, I look up to Bandit as my guiding star.
Satellite of Love
Man I hope it comes to D+ this year!
Legalize-It-Ags
AG
Is it weird that my 5 mo. Old is obsessed with bluey? As soon as he hears the theme song, his head snaps to the tv and he has a big smile on his face.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Legalize-It-Ags said:

Is it weird that my 5 mo. Old is obsessed with bluey? As soon as he hears the theme song, his head snaps to the tv and he has a big smile on his face.
Pretty sure my near 40 year old ass does the same. So, no, not weird at all.
JABQ04
AG
Legalize-It-Ags said:

My youngest would do that when for The Office theme song. Have a video when she was about 10 months old and just minding her own business when the theme song came on and she froze, watched for a second and then clapped like a maniac.

And yes, we love Bluey in our house as well. Me and the same kid (now 2 1/2) will binge Bluey a couple times of week.
BowSowy
AG
My kid does that for the Bluey theme and the Hot Dog song

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.