Bluey

39,241 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BadMoonRisin
Sapper Redux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jeffk said:

There's another banned episode this season too. Called Family Meeting. Disney doesn't think American kids are ready for fart jokes.

Which is ridiculous given how half of the kids movies these days are one long fart joke. This one isn't bad at all and is pretty funny.
jeffk
AG
All the banned content is better than 95% of the other junk Disney creates for kids.
tysker
AG
With our youngest and probably last one heading off to Kindergarten next week, the wife sobbed at the intro of the Bedroom episode .... its gonna be a great season
JDUB08AG
AG
Did Disney really ban an episode of Bluey?
Ornithopter
AG
tysker said:

With our youngest and probably last one heading off to Kindergarten next week, the wife sobbed at the intro of the Bedroom episode .... its gonna be a great season

Yeah, I wasn't ready for that.
carpediem13
AG
They've banned one every season
aggiechick
I cried through the whole first episode - Bedroom. Why does this show hit me in the feels?!?!!
JABQ04
AG
So we maybe have binged the whole thing today. I liked the nods to Gallipoli and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Loved the "Rain" episode. We call our toddler Muffin because, we'll she's BSC.
20ag07
https://www.fatherly.com/entertainment/bluey-season3-perfect-kids-show-parents-backlash

This one really hit hard for me.

We started here:
Quote:

"Bluey Is The Perfect Kids' Show That Is Also Driving Parents Nuts"

Then we went here:
Quote:

"It's gentle and funny but gives a surprisingly warts-and-all version of parenthood, making it, in some ways, the Seinfeld of kids' TV."

Then we went here:
Quote:

"Vulture called it "the best kids' show of our time," which is true, and yet, why are some parents fearful of Bluey? There are basically two reasons.

The first is simply logistics. Most episodes of Bluey are about seven to nine minutes long. This is great for recommended screentime limits from most health professionals but makes it a terrible and useless thing to put on the TV when you're hoping to have your child settle down and watch some TV so you can maybe, for the love of God, have 15 or (dare to dream!) 30 minutes to do just a little work or anything, please."

Then we got full on assaulted.
Quote:

"What gets weird is when the virtue signaling in Bluey extends to the way parents are portrayed. And that's because the biggest fantasy element of Bluey isn't that they live in a magical world of talking dogs. It's that they live in a world where parents have limitless time, energy, and creativity to invest in parenting.

"Bandit and Chilli are exceptional parents. Too exceptional," goes another Reddit complaint, this time on the amazingly named r/DanielTigerConspiracy. "They might groan about it, but in the end, they end up rearranging the house to play bus or taxi driver or set up a giant pillow fort in the yard to play deserted island or just.. not go to work and play all day… If I just f*cked off from work one day and pretended to be on a desert island with my kids, I might win a 'Parent of the Year' award, but I'd also lose my job."
The Porkchop Express
aggiechick said:

I cried through the whole first episode - Bedroom. Why does this show hit me in the feels?!?!!
At the end of February, we moved to a new house - much bigger, in a lot better neighborhood, and my daughters got their own rooms for the first time. And it was awful for the first month or so. The other house was the home of every single memory and holiday and birthday and special event - they shared a room there and had slept in the same room since before birth, given that they are twins.

I was the last one out moving the last few things, and eventually I simply could not go in their old room with it completely barren of all their stuff, most of which we sold as they had outgrown it.

We watched that episode about a month ago after downloading the first 37 episodes and all 4 of us were weighed down by how close to home it struck. We watched it again yesterday and it was not as heavy.

Rain - as someone else said - is an epic episode. A good reminder for parents that sometimes something that is really important to your kid, even if it seems silly, is totally worth doing to spend that time together.

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Sapper Redux
JABQ04 said:

So we maybe have binged the whole thing today. I liked the nods to Gallipoli and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Loved the "Rain" episode. We call our toddler Muffin because, we'll she's BSC.

They've done a couple Indiana Jones nods. Season 1 (I think) had "Raiders," where the kids run from Bandit's yoga ball. Makes sense he'd love Indy since he's an archeologist.
JDUB08AG
AG
The need to psychoanalyze a cartoon is just insane. It's a feel good show that doesn't really get into politics or controversial issues. I joke about not being able to hold Bandit's jockstrap as a dad, but honestly, I just appreciate an avenue for my kids, my wife and I to just laugh. It also makes me want to be a bit more involved as a dad.

aggiesportsfiend10
AG
Noticed they changed the vasectomy discussion to being about teeth. Vasectomy dialogue was funnier. Oh well.
CDub06
AG
aggiesportsfiend10 said:

Noticed they changed the vasectomy discussion to being about teeth. Vasectomy dialogue was funnier. Oh well.
Yeah...the dog teeth thing doesn't even make sense. The thinly veiled Vasectomy talk was much more appropriate.
Quinn
AG

spadilly
S
Bandit and Chilli being hungover in Whale Watching was fantastic.
jeffk
AG
They've definitely upped the parent banter level this season.
Legal Custodian
AG
Bluey: "Unicorse, what's your favorite food?"

Unicorse: *whispers softly in Bluey's face* "…..children."
jeffk
AG
Unicorse was incredible. I had to watch it about three times to catch all the jokes.
CDub06
AG
spadilly said:

Like I said previously, it really looks like they aimed for the parent demographic this season.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Finally getting to binge some of these this morning. Housework and Pass the Parcel. Love Luckys Dad.
20ag07
Tried to send the 5yo to bed. "I'm not interested in that."

Me: *wtf* "Where did that come from?"

"Bluey"

7yo popping in "Yeah, she's right dad."

Then this happens every night.

Finally, I google. Find it's from "Promises". Watch after they go to bed. Throwaway line at the end.

I hate/love this show. And my kids watching it.
jokershady
AG
I think I might be getting in to this show…..I just watched "Stumpfest" and that was very enjoyable
Sapper Redux
CDub06 said:

spadilly said:

Like I said previously, it really looks like they aimed for the parent demographic this season.

"Nana was right. Not about her perm, but about me." The 80s summed up in one line.
jeffk
AG
"I'm not interested in that" is sort of a running gag this season. I've caught Bingo saying it at least three times already.
The Porkchop Express
The MVP of Season 3, hands down.

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Ornithopter
AG
Sometimes parents just need 20 minutes
hurleyag
AG
Just started this with my 8 mo old. Love it so far! On the BBQ episode I caught the dads talking about a friend getting fired for not listening to the rancher.
Sapper Redux
Hudson2508
AG
Dear Lord Facey Time is brilliantly funny. All of us were dying laughing. And of course they find a way to work in a beautiful moment between Muffin's parents that hits so close to home.
double aught
AG
My kids pulled up the Bingo soundtrack, and it's actually quite enjoyable (of course it is). We probably like dancing around to the extended version of the theme song best. "Guitaaar!"

spadilly
S
My ringtone if the Bluey theme song and it makes me laugh every time it goes off.

The full album is on Spotify. The kids love listening to Taxi, The Claw, and The Grannies.

I, however, love putting Keepy Uppy in my playlist when I go running.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4ke6cauk7sHuydZCrkgD7s?si=BgQpvb5RRESAxMJuUacw3w
The Porkchop Express
double aught said:

My kids pulled up the Bingo soundtrack, and it's actually quite enjoyable (of course it is). We probably like dancing around to the extended version of the theme song best. "Guitaaar!"

The Here Comes the Grannies song is on the album. We have 2 new kittens and will play it when they come out to play "here Come the Kitties!"
The Porkchop Express
spadilly said:

My ringtone if the Bluey theme song and it makes me laugh every time it goes off.

The full album is on Spotify. The kids love listening to Taxi, The Claw, and The Grannies.

I, however, love putting Keepy Uppy down in my playlist when I go running.

I've had it as my ringtone for so long that when the show comes on the TV in the other room I think my phone is ringing.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

spadilly said:

I, however, love putting Keepy Uppy down in my playlist when I go running.

I've had it as my ringtone for so long that when the show comes on the TV in the other room I think my phone is ringing.
Same here

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.