Dave Chappelle

33,503 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by LMCane
Claude!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maroon barchetta said:

WTH
Pretty straightforward - robotic Dave clone.
maroon barchetta
Claude! said:

maroon barchetta said:

WTH
Pretty straightforward - robotic Dave clone.

Yeah. I got that part.
rhutton125
AG
I'm convinced!
uujm
AustinAg2K
I actually heard the theory that Dave was replaced with an imposter years ago. Basically as soon as he came out of hiding and was all jacked, people started saying he was a fake. My biggest issue with the claim (besides the general stupidity of it all), is that if they were to make a fake Dave, why didn't they just make him look and sound the same?
Stat Monitor Repairman

2024 and they mad a Dave again
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
It's pretty good.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
I watched his new show last night.

Same Dave.

Hilarious. Fearless. Undaunted. Unafraid.

The fact that the delicate daisies are crying is a sign he's doing something right.

We need more like him.

March on, Dave!

Never bow to the Politically Correct, the Woke, or the Stupid among us!
Serious Lee
flawless setup and execution

Matsui
AG
Watched today. Pretty solid.
Claude!
New Dave is an advanced animatronic voiced by Dan Soder.
jokershady
AG
just watched. what was so funny about that bit to me was if anyone follows jim carreys career youll know that he was infamous for being a huge a-hole on set for man on the moon....one of those method acting moments where everyone's like, "really???? this is the crap we gotta put up with just because he's jim carrey???"

so when he worked in the trans joke at the end i just lost it cause i did not see that coming
schmendeler
AG
I think Dave is/was hilarious. But I'm tired of hearing from comedians about how they can't make the jokes they want to make any more. It's boring. I'm pretty much done watching any special that i hear that the comedian spends essentially any time discussing "woke" or trying to be "anti-woke". And that's what I've heard about this one.

If i hear that he's moved on in his next special, I'll gladly listen again.

Same goes for Ricky Gervais. Or any other comedian.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
He doesn't really spend any time complaining about that.

He makes a few LGBTQ jokes and he talks about how his new thing is making jokes about handicap people because he loves punching down.

This one felt more like he was going for "Haha" funny, rather than "applause" funny like I've felt was the goal in the last one or two of his specials.
schmendeler
AG
Ok fair enough. I guess that's part of what's turned me off. I don't want to hear about you fighting with other groups. Just move on. You made your point already. Clearly Netflix is still giving you a **** ton of money. I'm tired of hearing about it. But it clearly bothers him because he can't stop talking about it. He's free to do so, obviously. It's just made me disinterested.
GoAgs92
AG
If he doesn't make at least one joke about them, it would look like their boycotts and cancelling worked.

Of course, now he's stuck talking about it....a bit of a catch 22.
SJEAg
AG
I think the recent Ricky Gervais special that also just dropped on Netflix was funnier than this, but I still enjoyed it.
AustinAg2K
Just finished it. It's probably my least favorite Dave special. I don't think there was really anything memorable about it. I think in all his other specials there is at least one bit that I still remember years later, but I doubt I'll remember anything from this one. Very meh.

I think Dave might be the greatest comedian ever, but after his last two specials, I do think he has lost a step. Nate Bargatze's and Bill Burr's last specials have both been better than the most recent Dave.

I do think Dave is an incredible story teller. Even if it's not funny, I could just listen to him tell stories about his life.
Independence H-D
I'm trying to watch it right now but my wife won't get off her phone or go to the other room. After reading this, I might go to bed.
superunknown
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I do think Dave is an incredible story teller. Even if it's not funny, I could just listen to him tell stories about his life.

This has always been his best quality to me. His storytelling...you can never tell if it really happened or he just made it up.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Petrino1
AustinAg2K said:

Just finished it. It's probably my least favorite Dave special. I don't think there was really anything memorable about it. I think in all his other specials there is at least one bit that I still remember years later, but I doubt I'll remember anything from this one. Very meh.

I think Dave might be the greatest comedian ever, but after his last two specials, I do think he has lost a step. Nate Bargatze's and Bill Burr's last specials have both been better than the most recent Dave.

Agreed, I thought it was pretty meh for a Chappelle special. Some chuckles throughout, but no laugh out loud moments. Felt like a bunch of throwaway jokes, and his last few specials felt the same.

A Chappelle special used to feel like this big event, but its lost a lot of its appeal the past few years.
LMCane
Dr. Mephisto said:

I watched his new show last night.

Same Dave.

Hilarious. Fearless. Undaunted. Unafraid.

The fact that the delicate daisies are crying is a sign he's doing something right.

We need more like him.

March on, Dave!

Never bow to the Politically Correct, the Woke, or the Stupid among us!
just saw the Ricky Gervais show on Netflix last night and it was the exact same thing.

Huzzah!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.