Dave Chappelle

33,525 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by LMCane
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought his ending was actually pretty good and struck a chord with me . Cancel culture minded people of course won't care and will still go after him but his enemies are coming at him pretty much no matter what he says at this point. I think they deserve to know that they are so hateful and spiteful that they brought down one of their own just because they hate Dave so much.

I agree with a lot of what he said at the end and it's why I think he is not just a brilliant comedian, but great at opening up social commentary and making you think about things.
Petrino1
Madmarttigan said:

I thought his ending was actually pretty good and struck a chord with me . Cancel culture minded people of course won't care and will still go after him but his enemies are coming at him pretty much no matter what he says at this point. I think they deserve to know that they are so hateful and spiteful that they brought down one of their own just because they hate Dave so much.

I agree with a lot of what he said at the end and it's why I think he is not just a brilliant comedian, but great at opening up social commentary and making you think about things.
Yea great social commentary, just not very funny for a standup comedy special. Probably the least funny special hes ever done.
Madmarttigan
AG
Do agree he could have definitely done better on the comedy side of things with this special and that was a little phoned in. I don't think that was actually main focus in putting this out though. Think he was on a mission to get a point across versus putting his best comedy out.
JCA1
AG
In hindsight, there's definitely some irony now, but I saw Bill Cosby about 20 years ago. At that point, he was basically America's grandfather and the show was basically just him talking about things. I remember leaving and thinking I really didn't know how to classify what I had just seen. It was entertaining and there was definitely some funny parts, but it wasn't a standup routine either.
The Debt
johnnyblaze36
AG
Just saw that Netflix employees are staging a walkout right now because the CEO didn't pull Chappelle's special. They should all be fired on the spot for being massive *******.
Serious Lee
in case you were wondering why the entertainment industry has gone to ****

Madmarttigan
AG
At what point are keyboard warriors and Karen's of the internet going to stop having so much power to ruin people's careers and lives.
bluefire579
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Just saw that Netflix employees are staging a walkout right now because the CEO didn't pull Chappelle's special. They should all be fired on the spot for being massive *******.
Their demands do not include pulling the special: https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/18/22733098/netflix-trans-employees-demands-dave-chappelle-walkout
boy09
AG
Madmarttigan said:

At what point are keyboard warriors and Karen's of the internet going to stop having so much power to ruin people's careers and lives.
Whose career or life is being ruined here?
Madmarttigan
AG
How about Dave's friend who committed suicide? Keyboard warriors are going to have a though time bringing down Chappelle I would think.
boy09
AG
Sorry, i thought that comment was in response to the Netflix employee walkout..
DallasTeleAg
Special was okay... but nothing to write home about. If not for the the whole trans outrage thing, I doubt it would get much coverage. Very average.

Then again, Chapelle has never been my favorite comedian. Granted, I am not the biggest stand up watcher. Watching someone make jokes for an hour straight is something I generally have to digest in several 10-15 minute sections.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Now this is some funny *****

johnnyblaze36
AG
There's more to it. Psychos. It's just jokes, people. Very deep ones at times.

Cromagnum
AG
I don't know what's best. The guy that destroyed the sign, hands the stick back and says "he has a weapon!" or the beta with the tambourine yelling "repent MFer" over and iver.
Stat Monitor Repairman
These protesters got to be paid actors.

This is all a marketing scheme for netflix
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

It's working. I have to hurry and watch before it gets pulled.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

The fact that people are trying to drown out jokes guy by chanting "Black lives matter" makes me want to believe that they're paid actors who aren't really stupid enough to say the things they say.
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm a socially liberal guy and yet even I am so completely sick of people *****ing about every little thing that hurts their feelings. Grow up.
SgtBarbarossa
With every protester of his stand up, Dave's point is just proven further. Idiots.
maroon barchetta
Madmarttigan said:

I'm a socially liberal guy and yet even I am so completely sick of people *****ing about every little thing that hurts their feelings. Grow up.

Username does NOT check out.
Stupe
S
Harry Lime said:

The fact that people are trying to drown out jokes guy by chanting "Black lives matter" makes me want to believe that they're paid actors who aren't really stupid enough to say the things they say.
My wife has to deal with ultra liberals on a regular basis due to her job.

They are stupid enough to say...and believe...the things that they say.

She clears her schedule for an hour after some of her web meetings in order to "get back some of the intelligence that will be sucked out of her brain." She plans ahead for that because of the intellectual and mental drain that they have on the meetings. She knows that if there is a two hour meeting scheduled, the first thirty minutes will be people talking about how some of them should be addressed.
Stupe
S
Cromagnum said:

I don't know what's best. The guy that destroyed the sign, hands the stick back and says "he has a weapon!" or the beta with the tambourine yelling "repent MFer" over and iver.
How was that guy not charged with assault, theft, and destruction of property? Technically it was battery since he touched sign guy.

And yelling "He has a weapon" in a crowd is like yelling "fire" in a theater. It has the potential to cause panic.

BadMoonRisin
AG
Here's one of the "activist" cry bullies.

I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
GoAgs92
AG
Space Jews is a ripoff of the great Mel Brooks.

Least funny special he's ever had.

People said I was wrong about him not being as funny as his earlier material a couple years ago but I can watch killing them softly every year and still laugh but not these last few.
johnnyblaze36
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Here's one of the "activist" cry bullies.

This is even funnier than the special. Holy *****
maroon barchetta
Incredible self-ownage.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Walt Luddiger said:

LMAO. That looks like someone Netflix would cast in the new woke Flintstones reboot -- Brony Rubble. lmao.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
Stat Monitor Repairman

Dave at the end of all this.
johnnyblaze36
AG

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Walt Luddiger said:

Nice to see Sloth from the Goonies doing so well these days......
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Dave is one of the last brave commedians out there.

Dave.

Bill Burr.

Norm McDonald before he got called upstairs to better gigs.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Got to give Rogan some credit.

He's been consistently bumping the hornets nest with increasing regularity.

Rogan's probably got 50x the audience of anything on Netflix.

Also Rogan's audience is global in stature.

But for pure standup, its Dave, followed by Burr, Ricky Gervais, Louis CK and that whole crowd.

RIP Patrice O'Neal, wish he was alive to see this s***.
GoAgs92
AG
I'd add in Tosh to your list.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.