***** The Boys Season 2 *****

31,105 Views | 318 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OCEN99
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm mad he didn't blast super sperm into space
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Phat32
AG
Just wrapped the season - did not see the twist coming with the senator, thought it was going to be the shaved head supe from the facility. They love using the head exploding special effect - must have bought in bulk.

The whole show is best put in one word - "diabolical".
Beezy2389
AG
Spoiler tag is just sp and /sp in brackets
Phat32
AG
Oops, thanks. That was the first spoiler I've posted, and I did it wrong. I'm the Hughie of this thread.
Decay
AG
I thought the head popper was going to the the fly that kept buzzing around just to totally eff with people.
redline248
AG
That is the most random thing. Is there an "ant man" type supe?
Decay
AG
redline248 said:

That is the most random thing. Is there an "ant man" type supe?
Supposedly there's a fly guy in the comics, I don't know if he can get tiny though.
ExpressAg11
AG
Is Starlight supposed to be invincible on top of her regular powers? Took multiple bullets from Butcher last season. Got thrown around like a rag doll by Black Noir and just about every member of the Seven except Maeve this season, yet never bleeds or has bruises.
FALE
Frenchy was able to saw through her neck to get the tracking device.
Beezy2389
AG
I think she did bleed a bit when Butcher shot her in Season 1. She does get the benefit of plot armor as well of course.
ExpressAg11
AG
That's true. Just seems like she got thrown around by Black Noir and Stormfront but never seemed to show any blood or battle scars from it.

I went back and watched and it doesn't look like she bleeds any when Butcher shoots her.
astros4545
AG
ExpressAg11 said:

That's true. Just seems like she got thrown around by Black Noir and Stormfront but never seemed to show any blood or battle scars from it.

I went back and watched and it doesn't look like she bleeds any when Butcher shoots her.

Don't forget about Hughie stabbing her multiple times and her seemingly getting pleasure from it
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
Is anyone NOT marrying Starlight?
Beezy2389
AG
Just to be clear, you are killing a potential threesome to F the nazi?
boboguitar
AG
redline248 said:

Nah, Maeve for me.
Decay
AG
I dunno the supes scare me. I don't wanna get Popclawed. Wait can we pick dead characters? I'd F Popclaw, M Stillwell, K Stillwell's assistant. The only one who's actually alive, heh.

Edit: Stillwell not sitwell...
FALE
CastleRock said:

I apologize for one of the following

Doing this if it hasn't been done
Doing it if it has been done

FMK

Stormfront
Starlight
Maeve

(my order above, although I could be convinced to swap SF and M for moral reasons)

Karen F-u-k-uhara

all the rest
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
The Debt
That resolution was lackluster. BabyHomelander has stronger optic blast than his father. 3on1 fight meh, even the "9"on1 was silly. Stormfront must really be OP.

So the problem I have is that Dr Vought made his wife super with compound V...presumably as an adult. Vought, Inc with decades of more sophisticated science uses it on babies because adults dont take it well, as seen in S1. But we are to believe German engineering accomplished a stable compound in the 1930s?
Phat32
AG
Would think that 99.9% of the audience of this show couldn't give two ****s about what you just asked
Duncan Idaho
Like the Mayans and egyptians a lot of Nazi technology was lost to the sands of time.

Remember they were able to build a base on the moon, as well as, being able to raise the dead. So I have no doubt that "pre-war" compound v was superior to "post war" compound v
Decay
AG
You can also assume that Nazi science could use as many people as they needed (scientists or test subjects) and so would basically have no moral or logistic challenges. Even Vought had to cover their tracks and be secretive.
Duncan Idaho
My god. They were Nazis not monsters
KidDoc
AG
Duncan really trying to troll The Boys!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redline248
AG
Maybe Stormfront is the Steve Rodgers of the 3rd reich and the only one on whom the super soldier serum worked.

It actually would be a lot cooler if Stormfront had been born with powers and the nazis used her to create compound v.
Decay
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

My god. They were Nazis not monsters
I'm more referring to the world of The Boys, although it's not difficult to ascertain the questionable morality of the Third Reich. Concentration camps ring a bell? I mean **** man, they did some really ****ed up stuff.

But regardless, if you're asking "how the Nazis made Stormfront when Vought have either barely matched or haven't even been able to match that" then you can make all sorts of assumptions about "out of control science" and all that.
Saxsoon
AG
boboguitar said:

redline248 said:

Nah, Maeve for me.
The queen
Duncan Idaho
You do realize I was (admittedly doing a bad job of it) making fun of the "stormfront isn't really a Nazi" debate from earlier in the thread.
redline248
AG
I don't think anyone realized that
Decay
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

You do realize I was (admittedly doing a bad job of it) making fun of the "stormfront isn't really a Nazi" debate from earlier in the thread.
Haha sure didn't. Fair enough.
The Debt
yukmonkey said:

Would think that 99.9% of the audience of this show couldn't give two ****s about what you just asked

The #1 rule of science fiction is that you have to remain in the the boundaries you create.

They establish that giving adults compound V often kills the subject. Yet a doctor in the 1930s believes it stable enough for his wife? Either he hated her or "she was dying" but right now it doesnt track.
Zeke1995
AG
Whenever you think there is a plot hole in sci-fi or fantasy, just remind yourself that a wizard did it.

Fenrir
Or they didn't know it was less likely to work on adults at that point and she was one of the few it did work on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.