***** The Boys Season 2 *****

31,106 Views | 318 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OCEN99
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That Lamplighter flashback lol
AgLiving06
I assume stormfront thought she killed her.

Turns out she's more durable than we thought.
AggieEP
Is it just me or is anyone else tired of the boys group dynamic of fighting each other and refusing to adhere to any plan? I mean if these 4 guys + Kimiko can survive the supes over and over again while betraying each other in literally episode than just how stupid and vulnerable are the supes?

I didn't mind it so much when they were in the "getting to know each other" phase of the character development, but how do you keep surviving these encounters with supes when there is no trust between them?

Also, what is A-Train's motivation for not burning Starlight now? She was blackmailing him at first with her knowledge of his compound V usage and threatened to get him kicked out of the 7, but now he's getting kicked out anyway, why not burn her with Homelander in an attempt to keep his spot? I get why Stormfront is holding on to the information, but A-Train is less obvious as to what his game is right now.

And on that subject, could the writers please come up with something other than blackmail? At this point in season 2, the web of blackmail is so freaking long, it's like their go to move to solve every single problem. And along those same lines... not even sure why blackmail is working against Vaught the corporation. When Butcher claims to have photos of Ryan ready to post, I feel like Edgar should have just been like, yo bro have you not seen how many scandals my company is able to overcome? Between juicing up babies and pumping up terrorists with V I feel like a secret Homelander rape baby would actually be mild in comparison and Black Noir could have finished them all off right there.
jeffk
AG
Starlight knows he killed his girlfriend too.
AggieEP
That confuses me too, I mean the supes have killed tons of people and that doesn't seem to weigh heavily on the public. In one episode we did see Maeve and Homelander stage the crime scene to make it look like the criminal fired first to justify deadly force, but for the most part the fact that people die when the supes are involved seems like something that is "accepted" in this universe.

So, what if A-Train killed Pop Claw? Does that really move the needle much? Couldn't A-Train just counter that he had no choice because he saw the video of her killing her landlord and swing the narrative into taking down a rogue supe?

In my opinion, if they really wanted to blackmail A-Train, the juicier material was the tape Butcher had of A-Train laughing about killing Robin and the info about there being no robbery in progress at the time of the crime.

But again, blackmail is so ubiquitous in this show that almost every one has something on someone at this point or is working on getting something.
jeffk
AG
yeah, that's a problem in a lot of stories - the little personal screw-ups are always overplayed in comparison to a large body of equally bad stuff that's already known.
FALE
I don't get hung up on the story too much. I just want to see people explode
Duncan Idaho
jeffk said:

yeah, that's a problem in a lot of stories - the little personal screw-ups are always overplayed in comparison to a large body of equally bad stuff that's already known.

One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic

This holds true on life and literature.

We can understand and connect with smaller evils, so they are more impactful.
Decay
AG
The big problem is that the show is has to keep them alive when there's no way it would happen in "real life" (you know, if superheroes were real and all that).

So you have to get a little contrived because the other end of the spectrum is that if they're super-defended against the supes there's no danger or drama. That requires interactions and close calls and close escapes. There's just not a lot of great ways to do it.

I wish they had some better "outs" too though.
redline248
AG
They should stick to the close encounters, like with Stormfront at the facility. If she finds them they're dead, but they manage to go undetected. That obviously shouldn't work with Homelander, since he has super hearing and can see through walls.

A Train should definitely have snitched on Starlight by now. Homelander already knows about Popclaw doesn't he? If not, he certainly wouldn't care.
bluefire579
AG
In the comics, the Boys utilized Compound V to even the odds against the supes. So far, we obviously haven't seen that in the show, but I'm wondering if it's a direction they might eventually take to get past the blackmail motif.
CoolaidWade
AG
FALE said:

I don't get hung up on the story too much. I just want to see people explode
I'm changing my opinion to this.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
ExpressAg11
AG
I bet A-Train ends up ratting out Starlight. He'll probably tell Homelander in hopes of that being enough to get him back in the Seven, only for Homelander to use the info and still not allow A-Train back in.

Seems like they are setting up for more infighting in the Seven: Starlight vs everyone but Maeve, Maeve vs Homelander, A-Train vs everyone, Stormfront vs Starlight and A-Train.
Mr.Bond
AG
How does ATrain have a 7 figure debt?? Don't they all live in the tower
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

jeffk
AG
Drug addiction ain't cheap.

Also, he bought Prince's guitar.
Flashdiaz
AG
Mr.Bond said:

How does ATrain have a 7 figure debt?? Don't they all live in the tower
Prince's guitar wasn't cheap.
Mr.Bond
AG
So a guitar put him into bankruptcy?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

FALE
Dude, it's PRINCE's Guitar.
Flashdiaz
AG
he probably goes through shoes and socks pretty quick too... which is why that endorsement deal with Nike is so important to him.
AggieEP
I don't think it has to take the path of the comics to diversify a bit. In season 1 I thought the scenes with them taking down translucent were awesome, they got creative by spitting blood on him to make him visible, then used electricity to counter his carbon skin and finally figured out that they could blow him up from the inside.

They even make a big deal about saying each supe has a weakness, but since then we've only seen them use blackmail to advance their goals and haven't seen much creativity in finding weaknesses. (They tried with Stillwell... But obviously epic fail)

I also agree that close encounters and tense hiding makes the most logical sense. Everytime Butcher meets Homelander I'm puzzled as to why he doesn't just laser him in half. I know the wife "made a deal" saying she'd kill herself if Homelander hurt Butcher, but she's in an effing prison, how would she even know? And Homelander could claim quite legitimately that Butcher died in any of a 100 other ways and not by his hands because it's not like Butcher is a clerk at Kroger's, he almost dies every episode.
Decay
AG
Oh that reminds me of a few things I noticed but when Hughie shocks Translucent in the store:

It's the same cables that powered the TV he was polishing earlier that was playing a clip of the 7 where it looks like he's literally cleaning them off.

When he zaps him it's kinda hard to see what's going on, but replaying it he's clearly zapping him in the ass and the VFX made him have like, dummy thicc ass going on. It's really funny.
AtlAg05
AG
Decay said:

The big problem is that the show is has to keep them alive when there's no way it would happen in "real life" (you know, if superheroes were real and all that).

So you have to get a little contrived because the other end of the spectrum is that if they're super-defended against the supes there's no danger or drama. That requires interactions and close calls and close escapes. There's just not a lot of great ways to do it.

I wish they had some better "outs" too though.

Their plot armor is strong.
AgLiving06
New episode is out early
Decay
AG
Thanks for the heads up! They kinda come out whenever they feel like it?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AgLiving06
Yeah. I did not expect that ending.

I assume it was the shaved head lady
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Probably unlikely, but maybe they have perfected the version of the compound that gave shaved head lady her powers, and then gave it to someone in Vaught. I think Lamplighter had stated the purpose of the facility was to test compound V in an attempt to get reliable and predictable results. What if someone like Edgar was given that compound the shaved head lady received, in an attempt to give himself power, or maybe a company underling. Seems unlikely that they are taking shaved head lady on covert missions, as she is too much of a wild card.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I'm curious who exploded the FBI agent's head earlier in the season then, as it seems very unlikely to be shaved head lady unless they cut her some sort of deal to do it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ11
AG
redline248 said:

They should stick to the close encounters, like with Stormfront at the facility. If she finds them they're dead, but they manage to go undetected. That obviously shouldn't work with Homelander, since he has super hearing and can see through walls.

A Train should definitely have snitched on Starlight by now. Homelander already knows about Popclaw doesn't he? If not, he certainly wouldn't care.

That we before he was being cut. I think after being cut, he's probably not too happy with vought. He feels betrayed, and he probably knows Ashley would love to screw him on his contract of they found out about popclaw.
ABATTBQ11
AG
AggieEP said:

That confuses me too, I mean the supes have killed tons of people and that doesn't seem to weigh heavily on the public. In one episode we did see Maeve and Homelander stage the crime scene to make it look like the criminal fired first to justify deadly force, but for the most part the fact that people die when the supes are involved seems like something that is "accepted" in this universe.

So, what if A-Train killed Pop Claw? Does that really move the needle much? Couldn't A-Train just counter that he had no choice because he saw the video of her killing her landlord and swing the narrative into taking down a rogue supe?

In my opinion, if they really wanted to blackmail A-Train, the juicier material was the tape Butcher had of A-Train laughing about killing Robin and the info about there being no robbery in progress at the time of the crime.

But again, blackmail is so ubiquitous in this show that almost every one has something on someone at this point or is working on getting something.

I think it's an issue of who is dying and vought spinning it. I think they've just been able to get away with buying people off or blaming a now dead perp.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.