***** The Boys Season 2 *****

31,107 Views | 318 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OCEN99
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dro07
AG
Well damn!

I did enjoy the girl power scene a little better on this one
redline248
AG
Maaaaan holy sh-t
redline248
AG
I'm convinced this guy gets early screening
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Azariah said:

It looks like I'm late to the party, but lots of folks agree with me. I really enjoyed the first season. This season was simply ok until ep 7 went nazis > supes > illegal immigration > make * great again.

I have no need to watch an overtly (mischaracterized) political message.

The "political message" is such a minuscule part of the story, and so overtly over the top, that it is absurd anyone would find issue with it, unless you are an actual Nazi sympathizer. The show has taken shots at both sides of the aisle.

Also, episode 8 was phenomenal, and I actually think this season was better than season 1 and the ending was much more emotionally rewarding. This is the best show on television right now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Azariah
AG

[Give your opinion on this board but do it without being insulting to other posters. -Staff]
AggieEP
Perfectly stated, the show is just playing off of the extremes on both sides. If you're watching this thinking that the show is a commentary on mainstream conservatism vs. mainstream liberalism you are missing the point by a large margin.

The show is showing either extreme to be ludicrous and devious while normal people suffer the consequences of this extremism. The best part is probably their focus on how strong of a tool of persuasion social media can be to try and rile up/direct the attention of the public.
boboguitar
AG
dromo07 said:

Well damn!

I did enjoy the girl power scene a little better on this one

100000x better than the endgame scene which I'm sure was the point.
boboguitar
AG
Taken from reddit but here is what Stormfront was saying in german.

Quote:

Stormfront mumbled something in german in this episode while she was dying. Here is what she said:
"Es war so schn. Wie wir dort zu dritt gesessen, im Schatten eines Apfelbaums.
Erinnerst du dich an den Tag Frederick? Chloe hat die Arme aus dem Autofenster gestreckt. Wir haben den perfekten Platz am Fluss gefunden, im Schatten eines Apfelbaums. Es war das erste mal dass Chloe frische pfel gegessen hat."
Translation:
"It was so beautiful. How the three of us sat there, in the shade of an apple tree.
Do you remember the day Frederick? Chloe's arms out of the car window. We found the perfect spot by the river, in the shade of an apple tree. It was the first time Chloe ate fresh apples."
Edit:
I understood a bit more. This is what she says while Homelander and Ryan talk: "... war so glcklich. Es war herrlich. Ich wollte dass er nie zu Ende geht."
Translation:
"... was so happy. It was wonderful. I wanted it to never end."
redline248
AG
I think my favorite was Homelander's face when Stormfront was talking about white genocide. "wtf, is my girl crazy?"
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Apparently that final homelander shot was something they filmed and wanted to put in season 1 but Amazon told them no, so I guess they finally got it in lol

Also going back and watching this scene again and it makes sense

aggieman00
"Girls do get it done"

"**** Fresca"

Perfect
gggmann
AG
The only political message I'm taking from this show was from Butcher: "Don't be a c u n t"
Dro07
AG
The Fresca thing is funny to me because my wife loves that crap and I can never find it in the store for her.
78_Pacecar
AG
What is malfeasance
Icecream_Ag
S
78_Pacecar said:

What is malfeasance
bad female seance
FALE
"I can do what I want."

Yep, I know what I'll be chanting from know on.
Beezy2389
AG
I freaking knew who it was popping heads but I thought they implied enough that she had left the room and there were still heads popping so I assumed it probably wasn't her.

I'm in the process of reading the comics for the 1st time and the show does a really good job of making it different but still pulling from the source material. Warning....the comics are infinitely more "what the fuu***********k!" like amazingly so. The show definitely toned it down.
jeffk
AG
Wow. That was something else!
Mr.Bond
AG
So question..... A few episodes ago homelander lasered storm fronts tits no problem...... Made me think she was indestructible. Then she loses an eye from a knife and the kids laser eyes killed her?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Saxsoon
AG
Champ Bailey said:

DTP02 said:

dromo07 said:

Quote:

Her real racism seems to be Supes vs normies.
she does not like A train...

I think that's part of the headfake. Does she not like him because he's black or because he's become a defective supe?

I thought when she brought Homelander over to her side she specifically stated that blacks and minorities are ruining this country for white people?

Could be wrong.
In addition, Butcher flat out asked Giancarlo why he works with Stormfront and he said it is business. And she said Giancarlo was smart for his kind.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Mr.Bond
AG
I appreciate it. Just weird that the lasered tits did absolutely nothing and magically healed but a knife took out her eye.

Also who is "your mom" I keep hearing this character in review shows
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Duncan Idaho
Mr.Bond said:

I appreciate it. Just weird that the lasered tits did absolutely nothing and magically healed but a knife took out her eye.

Also who is "your mom" I keep hearing this character in review shows

Just some chick I bang when I need a slump buster.
Mr.Bond
AG

jeffk
AG
"Hey, Kraut!" had me laughing out loud.
AggieEP
Only real disappointment is that the season ends with yet another blackmail storyline. Let them live or I'll release the tape... A fine enough ending except that they had it set up for a much more interesting twist if they could have used Edgar's betrayal to semi turn Homelander into an ally of theirs.

I don't think I'd believe them becoming real longterm teammates, but an arrangement like we had with the Soviets to take down the Nazis would be believable. We join forces temporarily to take down a common enemy before returning to our own fued.

I also had a problem with the knife scene, a regular human female stabs her in the eye? If that's the case, she should be super susceptible to gunfire. Just spray the wench in the face and if any connect with the eyes she's screwed at least temporarily and maybe permanently if the logic from killing Translucent holds true of being soft on the inside.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Also, have we determined that storefront is actually dead? She was definitely alive in that last scene and we never "saw the light go out" in her.
I could see a similar version of this in the future for her:

?w=1020&h=576&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format%2Ccompress&cs=srgb&q=70&dpr=2

The only thing scarier than nazis are mecha-nazis!
boboguitar
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

Also, have we determined that storefront is actually dead? She was definitely alive in that last scene and we never "saw the light go out" in her.
I could see a similar version of this in the future for her:

?w=1020&h=576&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format%2Ccompress&cs=srgb&q=70&dpr=2

The only thing scarier than nazis are mecha-nazis!
I actually wonder if she will be what lamplighter was in the comics.
Decay
AG
Yeah they made it seem like she was dying but there's no way they'd kill her off without showing it.
redline248
AG
Doesn't seem like Homelander would lie about her being captured and kept locked up if she died.
Madmarttigan
AG
Season really picked up at the end, thought it had a solid finish
KidDoc
AG
I finished this up last night. Holy smokes what an amazing show!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.