***** The Boys Season 2 *****

31,118 Views | 318 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OCEN99
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Done with ep3 but haven't watched 4 yet, catching up...

- Add me to the list surprised by Stormfront's dark turn. They just hadn't set her up to go that way, she's also a lot more overpowered than we'd been led to believe.

- Was anyone else confused by the geography in ep3? They were offshore then are running towards what looks to be a tropical island, then they enter some storm drains and pop up in what appears to be an American city.

- Looking forward to the eventual Stormfront/Homelander face off.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Saxsoon said:

redline248 said:

Man, watching this show must turn my brain off, or something. I did not pick up on the racism vibe from Stormfront, at all. I just figured she was another psycho supe like Homelander, just killing people cuz she was pissed or something.

I mean, having read the posts, in hindsight I guess it's pretty obvious...but did y'all figure it out from watching or from background knowledge in the comics?
I mean she called him a Yellow *******. And then you look back at the building she destroyed and it was a low income majority black building. I didn't catch the race of the folks she killed at first, just more surprised she was a psycho like Homelander. But the yellow comment had me re-evaluate.

I knew about the character from the original comics, but I thought they were going in a totally different direction at first. The yellow ******* comment sealed it for me though. I will say I did see the psychopath part coming because this is The Boys and pretty much all of the supes are psychopaths except starlight.

And let's be honest. Anyone picked by Edgar is going to have a purpose. He doesn't generally do anything with the supes, and he has the bigger picture to worry about. He knows everything about everything, and picking a new supe is kind of beneath him. If he picked stormfront, it's because he has a reason and use for her. There was no way she was a good guy.

Also, if she really is one of vought's early works, he would know. Either he knows her, or he knows that she isn't a recent vought creation because they would have kept track of all of the compound v kids and she wouldn't be one. I'm wondering how he squares her being a huge racist with being black himself though. I think he's only doing it because he needs homelander brought under control or eliminated, but she's going to doublecross him somehow.
ABATTBQ11
AG
They weren't far off shore. The island wasn't tropical. It was temperate, and maybe more of a small peninsula. Kind of thing you'd find in the northeast.

Butcher going through that whale was ****ing awesome though. I loved deep's face when he realized what was abbot to happen.
NASAg03
redline248 said:

Man, watching this show must turn my brain off, or something. I did not pick up on the racism vibe from Stormfront, at all. I just figured she was another psycho supe like Homelander, just killing people cuz she was pissed or something.

I mean, having read the posts, in hindsight I guess it's pretty obvious...but did y'all figure it out from watching or from background knowledge in the comics?

Part of me wonders if it's a play on the whole antifa / politically left pretending to be progressive but racist indian. Notice she says in front of the projects she destroyed that she real heros are the families that are suffering. She acts altruistic but is hateful and racist.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
fig96
AG
Fair enough, the geography and their end goal there just seemed like it could've been clarified. He mentions they were closer than I realized on rewatch (Scottish accents) but the whole boat setting seemed a bit random for me.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I think they were just out on a boat to avoid being seen by anyone. Plus it gives them an easy mode of transport anywhere along the coast without having to pass by police or anyone else who might recognize them.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Not to start an argument that probably should be on F16, but I am going to make a guess that going forward and probably due to the end of episode 3 that shows will start having a warning specifically for Overt Racism just like they do Adult Language, Strong Sexual Content, Nudity (N) etc...
Don't think it's worth arguing about but enough people were upset that it'll probably lead to that.
fig96
AG
That's fair. It does make sense in context, just felt like we missed a few moments in them getting there.
jeffk
AG
Fun behind the scenes photos in this thread. I really want to see the video of Starlight and Black Noir apparently flossing.

jeffk
AG
Aaaaand here it is.

Decay
AG
The boat's name was "My Big Wet Dream"
The Debt
AgStuckinLBK said:

Not to start an argument that probably should be on F16, but I am going to make a guess that going forward and probably due to the end of episode 3 that shows will start having a warning specifically for Overt Racism just like they do Adult Language, Strong Sexual Content, Nudity (N) etc...
Don't think it's worth arguing about but enough people were upset that it'll probably lead to that.

Overt Racism? like making the fastest man black? or having a far eastern smuggled into america via a nail salon?
FincAg
AG
Episode #4:

Was Butcher's wife raising Ryan inside a Vought bubble like Truman Show?
redline248
AG
FincAg said:

Episode #4:

Was Butcher's wife raising Ryan inside a Vought bubble like Truman Show?
Reminds me of the Village.
jeffk
AG
Yes.
MGS
ABATTBQ11 said:

They weren't far off shore. The island wasn't tropical. It was temperate, and maybe more of a small peninsula. Kind of thing you'd find in the northeast.

Butcher going through that whale was ****ing awesome though. I loved deep's face when he realized what was abbot to happen.
Wasn't that an NYPD helicopter that found them?
jeffk
AG
Butcher said they were a mile off shore when the lady told him to go to a safehouse in NYC.
taxpreparer
EastSideAg2002
After watching this show over the past few days (S1 mostly), I cant stop calling stuff "diabolical" or referring to everything as a the c-word.
Decay
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

After watching this show over the past few days (S1 mostly), I cant stop calling stuff "diabolical" or referring to everything as a the c-word.

My wife doesn't like me calling people ****s
MGS
Decay said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

My wife doesn't like me calling people ****s

Did you explain to her how it's actually a nice thing to call someone?
RichardSplet
Episode 5 out. Homelander with a funny shot at the Justice League movie. Interesting last scene to say the least
Decay
AG
RichardSplet said:

Episode 5 out. Homelander with a funny shot at the Justice League movie. Interesting last scene to say the least
Not the only shot they took. "Girls get it done!" *big pose off*
FightinTexasAg15
AG
From reddit: Another barista that can't get names right

boboguitar
AG
WTF was that ending
Decay
AG
I was howling. "Laser my tits!"
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
In case you haven't seen it, Aya Cash stars in an FX show called You're The Worst where she is basically the same personality (minus the racism). It's hilarious.
Duncan Idaho
Champ Bailey said:

In case you haven't seen it, Aya Cash stars in an FX show called You're The Worst where she is basically the same personality (minus the racism). It's hilarious.

The show had me hooked on the first episode with the "did you just spit on my vagina?" line
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Things that had me laughing my ass off.

Homelanders JD from Scrubbs moment after giving his speech.

Maeve and Elenas public image consulting session

Deeps Commercial

Laser my tits

Air Sex
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Decay
AG
Homelander does have mommy issues
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Decay
AG
C@LAg said:

Decay said:

Homelander does have mommy issues
and I still think he kills her at some point this season (but I hope not; she is too good a foil for him so far).

I think the sex scene was supposed to show, among other things, that he can't really kill her

Edit: is not not an incredible sentence? This show really is ****in' diabolical.
jeffk
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

From reddit: Another barista that can't get names right

RIP Clyve the barista.
jeffk
AG
Just a point of order here - we're not sharing spoilers from the comics right? At least not without spoiler tags and mentioning where it's coming from?

I haven't seen anyone do this, just wanted to clarify.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.