Community Is Now On Netflix

34,092 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jbryan10
Pedro Cerano
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I loved that show so much. I never understood why it didn't catch on more than it did. I think it was just too clever for its own good. The NBC Thursday night lineup during that time was an all-time; The Office, 30 Rock, Community, and Parks & Rec on the same night. Are you kidding me?
Straight ball, I hit very much.
Quinn
AG
Pedro Cerano said:

I loved that show so much. I never understood why it didn't catch on more than it did. I think it was just too clever for its own good. The NBC Thursday night lineup during that time was an all-time; The Office, 30 Rock, Community, and Parks & Rec on the same night. Are you kidding me?

Yup, was an incredible night of comedy. Regarding Community, I did always think that it would become a cult classic and that once it hit Netflix people would start to wonder how they missed it the first time around.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I also just learned that Ken Jeong and Joel McHale recently started a podcast called "The Darkest Timeline" where they talk Community and other stuff
GiveEmHellBill
AG
IIRC, for awhile Community was scheduled against Big Bang Theory when it was the #1 show in TV. This killed Community in the ratings.

There are several "BBT sucks!" references scattered in some episodes.

Just another reason why I f-ing HATE that unfunny piece of dog sh*t.
bearamedic99
AG
This
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Humorous Username
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I also just learned that Ken Jeong and Joel McHale recently started a podcast called "The Darkest Timeline" where they talk Community and other stuff

Not sure if it was already in the works, but during the Office Ladies podcast where Ken Jeong is interviewed, Joel McHale crashes the podcast because he's in the studio next door, and Pam & Angela suggest Ken & Joel do a Community podcast.
bearamedic99
AG
Just such an amazing show and cast
Humorous Username
AG
Just watched the 1st season finale.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Some of my favorite lines in the show started with "shut up, Leonard....."
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Wow, I've been binging the first season and I've noticed that the artist who did the music for the entire series was Ludwig Goransson.....who did the music for the Mandalorian and won an Oscar for the score for Black Panther.
Quinn
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Wow, I've been binging the first season and I've noticed that the artist who did the music for the entire series was Ludwig Goransson.....who did the music for the Mandalorian and won an Oscar for the score for Black Panther.

Have you noticed who the executive producers are?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

He's also produced most of Childish Gambino's music.
chipotle
Champ Bailey said:

Quad Dog
AG
Still crazy that this weird little show was the proving grounds for the Russo brothers that went on to give us Civil War, Winter Soldier, Infinity War, and Endgame.
Señor Chang
KidDoc
AG
Chang spotting on Texags! Get your doc tag haha
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Silky Johnston
I had Professor Professorson as my username until I caught a permaban.
Quinn
AG
Great reference
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quad Dog said:

Still crazy that this weird little show was the proving grounds for the Russo brothers that went on to give us Civil War, Winter Soldier, Infinity War, and Endgame.

Also gave us Justin Lin, who did three F&F movies (including the best one, Fast Five) plus the underrated Star Trek Beyond.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Jeff: That's because Britta is a buzzkill
Britta: I'm not a buzzkill!
Troy: Yeah, that doesn't really describe it. You're more of a fun vampire. And you don't suck blood, you just suck.
Builder93
AG
Jeff Winger, you sonofa*****!

johnnyblaze36
AG
Just watched the first two seasons and enjoy it a lot. I think my two favorite characters have to be Senor Chang and Dean Pelton but everyone in it is really good.

edit: I just noticed it's up to the 6th most popular show on IMDB so there are obviously a ton of people watching it on Netflix.
oragator
Carlo4
AG
Silky Johnston said:

I had Professor Professorson as my username until I caught a permaban.
Smells like a conspiracy to me.
Trident 88
AG
I don't think I realized until the 3rd time binge watching this show that Abed is the most central/important character (aside from Annie's boobs, of course).

I guess that means I'm probably a racist.
Madmarttigan
AG
Started watching this, and I am now a fan of Allison Brie.
Swarely
Let me tell you about a show called "Glow"...
COOL LASER FALCON
I read something from Dan Harmon once that when he started making the show, he thought he was Jeff, but realized pretty soon that he's Abed. I think when he figured that out is when the show really took off.
oragator
Not sure about racist, but he is the narrator and theme setter essentially.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
https://collider.com/community-movie-update-joe-russo/

Man I would love for this to happen. Maybe now that Community is on the Netflix top 10 they would dish out to make a movie.

The only challenge I would imagine is getting schedules aligned. Especially Donald Glover. And I don't know if Pierce would make an appearance or keep that bridge burned
Quinn
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

https://collider.com/community-movie-update-joe-russo/

Man I would love for this to happen. Maybe now that Community is on the Netflix top 10 they would dish out to make a movie.

The only challenge I would imagine is getting schedules aligned. Especially Donald Glover. And I don't know if Pierce would make an appearance or keep that bridge burned
Considering that Piece is dead, I don't think you'd have to worry about him.

I don't see Donald Glover going back to the show, even though that would be awesome. Also, while I enjoyed a lot of the 6th season, I'm not sure what else they could do storywise at this point.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I honestly can't believe I missed this show when it was on. I haven't enjoyed a TV show like this in a very long time. Maybe since Chuck on Burn Notice. Seriously. Excluding Big Bang cause that's a given.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

I honestly can't believe I missed this show when it was on. I haven't enjoyed a TV show like this in a very long time. Maybe since Chuck on Burn Notice. Seriously. Excluding Big Bang cause that's a given.

There is an episode where Jeff rips on the Barenaked Ladies. The whole thing is a reference to BBT being on at the same time slot as the, since BNL was the theme song to the show.

Builder93
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.