Community Is Now On Netflix

34,077 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jbryan10
Bones08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my favorite cold-open gags:

Carlo4
AG
What I like about this show is the level of detail, like how Abed's notches are perfectly aligned.
heddleston
AG
One of my favorite Troy moments (ffwd to about a minute in):

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Carlo4 said:

What I like about this show is the level of detail, like how Abed's notches are perfectly aligned.

You can also (barely) see the moment when Annie's Boobs steals the blue pen.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Champ Bailey said:

AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

I honestly can't believe I missed this show when it was on. I haven't enjoyed a TV show like this in a very long time. Maybe since Chuck on Burn Notice. Seriously. Excluding Big Bang cause that's a given.

There is an episode where Jeff rips on the Barenaked Ladies. The whole thing is a reference to BBT being on at the same time slot as the, since BNL was the theme song to the show.

Lol...now I get it. That's season 1 or the beginning of 2 from what I remember. That was hilarious.
Builder93
AG
One of my favorites:
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
Abed delivering a baby in the background of one episode was great
Mayor West
AG
Purple pen
Carlo4
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Carlo4 said:

You can also (barely) see the moment when Annie's Boobs steals the blue pen.

Season 1

Season 4
bearamedic99
AG
Wasn't there a huge background shenanigan where he was responsible for them getting together or such?
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
I haven't seen that one yet but it wouldn't surprise me. I was watching it as it came out until I started med school. I'm in season 3 which is about where I dropped off. Really enjoying it!
Quinn
AG
If you're in season 3, you already missed it! It's near the end of S1. The girl is already pregnant and the guy gets mad at Abed at one point, but it has a happy ending.
Beckdiesel03
AG
This was on my watch list before corona but you had to pay for it. Once they released it I started watching and then the husband joined in. We have enjoyed it. I didn't get to watch it when it was out bc at the time I was working out of town without cable bc of the economic downturn now here we are again. A
Proposition Joe
Can't remember why I stopped watching it but the SO and I have been watching it from the start at lunch.

I honestly can't remember having as many laugh-out-loud moments since Arrested Development.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I've blown through 5 seasons of this now and vaguely remember Chevy Chase leaving the show even though I didn't watch it at the time.

Anybody have any insight as to why? All I can find is that he said "even doing the show was a big mistake in the first place".

I know he's supposedly an ass in real life, but I thought he's great on this. Played the old racist, non-PC, slapstick role well imo.

Curious as to what his regrets are. Surrounded by a lot of up and coming talent, worked with tons of great actors via cameos, etc. Doesn't make much sense to me unless he's just an ol' surly *******.

Loving these guest appearances by Omar, Gustavo Fring, Shane Vendrell, Mike Ehrmantraut, etc. Too many to list but the IMDB credit page is extensive.

edit: and then oh my just saw the episode with Vince Gillgan acting. Ending was genius.
Humorous Username
AG
I've seen a couple of interviews (McHale and Harmon) where they claim Chevy wasn't a fan of the relatively LONG hours they had to pull on that show. McHale mentioned that even Betty White couldn't believe how long the hours were when she guest starred.

If I had to work long hours, play a racist, and not get to make out with Alison Brie, I'd be a little salty, too.
Quinn
AG
Chevy and Dan Harmon did not like each other at all according to all the media reports at the time.

Also, for those of y'all watching for the first time, Season 4 was made by completely different show runners, which is why it seems like a weird Community impression at times. Harmon was back for seasons 5 & 6.
91_Aggie
AG
expresswrittenconsent
Chevy is a world renowned ass hole.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Rick Dalton
AG
Think the wife peed herself laughing with the E. Pluribus Anus episode.

I don't know how I missed this show back in it's days, but thank you for this thread and getting us hooked.
Tabasco
AG
We are several episodes into S1, and really like it. My only holdback is that the McHale character (at least for me) is such a smug d-bag... just so unlikable to me and is very off-putting.
91_Aggie
AG
Tabasco said:

We are several episodes into S1, and really like it. My only holdback is that the McHale character (at least for me) is such a smug d-bag... just so unlikable to me and is very off-putting.

He does get to show off a side of himself that is more vulnerable as the show goes on and you realize he is somewhat self-aware of the "act" he is putting on.

However my 20-year old daughter could not stand him when they started trying to make him and annie a thing.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Max Power said:

Just discovered this show, what a gem. I spit my drink out when he said this!
AliasMan02
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

I've blown through 5 seasons of this now and vaguely remember Chevy Chase leaving the show even though I didn't watch it at the time.

Anybody have any insight as to why? All I can find is that he said "even doing the show was a big mistake in the first place".

I know he's supposedly an ass in real life, but I thought he's great on this. Played the old racist, non-PC, slapstick role well imo.

Curious as to what his regrets are. Surrounded by a lot of up and coming talent, worked with tons of great actors via cameos, etc. Doesn't make much sense to me unless he's just an ol' surly *******.

Loving these guest appearances by Omar, Gustavo Fring, Shane Vendrell, Mike Ehrmantraut, etc. Too many to list but the IMDB credit page is extensive.

edit: and then oh my just saw the episode with Vince Gillgan acting. Ending was genius.

Glover talked in an interview once about Chase and what a complete tool he was on set, specifically to him. Says Chase would just scream racial obscenities at him.

There was a lot of talk during the show's run that Chase was trying to get fired and his behavior tracks with that explanation.
AliasMan02
AG
Just finished my zillionth rewatch of this show and love it more than ever.

As I get older I think more and more that Jacobs may be hotter than Brie, and Brewster is really sneaky hot.

Seasons 5 and 6 of this show are so much better than they have any right to be after the gas leak year and the cast turnover. So much genius.
Proposition Joe
AliasMan02 said:

Just finished my zillionth rewatch of this show and love it more than ever.

As I get older I think more and more that Jacobs may be hotter than Brie, and Brewster is really sneaky hot.

Seasons 5 and 6 of this show are so much better than they have any right to be after the gas leak year and the cast turnover. So much genius.

Brie and Jacobs are perfectly complements to one another.
AliasMan02
AG
Maybe we should have a daily thread ranking them 1 and 2.
Quinn
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Maybe we should have a daily thread ranking them 1 and 2.
"You were a study group??"
Humorous Username
AG
oragator
Not sure sneaky is the word that comes to mind.

?quality=85&strip=all&w=1252&h=2048
Tabasco
AG
Not the most flattering pic to post. There has to be better. Oily skin, three liquid shirt stains (not sure what those are...), discolored upper tooth. 2/10 WNB
JYDog90
AG
I watched 3 episodes back to back last night and didn't laugh once.
Formerly Willy Wonka
chipotle
Willy Wonka said:

I was the same when it came out. Also really hated Chevy Chase.

A few years back I gave it another shot and it grew on me.

GoAgs92
AG
Willy Wonka said:

You should probably sit a different way, back to back seems really uncomfortable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.