Community Is Now On Netflix

34,076 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jbryan10
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got to season 6. Still some laughs but nothing like seasons 1-4. Man, such a dropoff after season 4. Even more so than the final seasons of The Office and Scrubs.
91_Aggie
AG
There was no season 4.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Just some gas leaks
MW03
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Just some gas leaks

ChipFTAC01
AG
Watching the Law & Order episode. I don't remember seeing this one before. Greatness.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Law & Order, Castle Hawthorne, Oceans 11 heist episode , season 3 finale with the courtroom/evil a ed and ac repair messiah Troy and now Abed TV. Truly incredible what this show could do.
ThatOneGuy
AG
https://deadline.com/2020/06/netflix-hulu-pull-episode-community-due-to-blackface-scene-1202971493/
KidDoc
AG
ThatOneGuy said:

https://deadline.com/2020/06/netflix-hulu-pull-episode-community-due-to-blackface-scene-1202971493/

Good lord. So dumb.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
expresswrittenconsent
KidDoc said:

ThatOneGuy said:

Good lord. So dumb.

Dont worry, just because others think blackface is racist, you can still wear it and celebrate it.
Demasiado
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

KidDoc said:

ThatOneGuy said:

Good lord. So dumb.

Dont worry, just because others think blackface is racist, you can still wear it and celebrate it.

Chang was not portraying a black person in this episode. He was an elf. The episode also dealt with heavy subjects like suicide and bullying. It is a great episode and nothing like the office or 30 rock black face episodes that were yanked
FightinTexasAg15
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

KidDoc said:

ThatOneGuy said:

Good lord. So dumb.

1) He wasn't even doing blackface, he was cosplaying a dark elf

2) Shirley acknowledges it and condemns it anyway

3) The episode's premise is being there for and helping those with mental issues

Do you think pulling episodes of tv shows like this help further the actual message that activists want heard, or hinders it because people get annoyed by these overreactions by corporations?
MW03
AG
Damn, that's a shame. It's about as much blackface as Nebula is wearing blueface and Gamora greenface. That's one of the best episodes they ever did.
Saxsoon
AG
I get it but still glad I watched that a few weeks ago. If I remember correctly, it is pretty short and they could edit it out
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is Trading Places going to get Memoryholed as well?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Did Peter Jackson verify that every Orc was played by a grey skinned actor before casting?
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
Quote:

2) Shirley acknowledges it and condemns it anyway

3) The episode's premise is being there for and helping those with mental issues

Points 2 and 3 are why the episode shouldn't be pulled. It wasn't mockery or mean and part of the point is Chang is tone deaf about how it looks
Señor Chang
AG
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons is one of my favorite episodes.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Seor Chang said:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons is one of my favorite episodes.

It's probably because you're a racist, amirite?[/s
FightinTexasAg15
AG
It feels like they really Britta'd this situation
MW03
AG

jbanda
AG
Does this mean every Star Trek episode featuring a Klingon in "brown face" must be taken down?
The Sparrow Prince
"You have...successfully rubbed your balls on the sword."
GiveEmHellBill
AG

F*** this whole mess.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
So by this standard they are going to also pull the episode with "White Abed" right?

ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm almost done with season 5 but after binging for the last few days I didn't think season 4 was that much of a drop off in quality and I haven't loved season 5 ilas much. Seems like a show that outlived it's premise.

That being said I watched the GI Joe episode last night and again, I'm amazed at what this show can do.
'03ag
I mostly agree. season 4 was enjoyable. It wasn't as good in terms of character driven jokes. Which is a lot of what made the show great, and was noticeable as soon as Harmon returned. But I can also are how someone could be bored of the premise in season 5.
Mayor West
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

F*** this whole mess.

Perfect gif usage
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Obviously season 1-3 are peak and definitely the best. But I found 4-6 enjoyable even with different characters, with 4 being the least best but still had it's moments.
Malachi Constant
AG
Watching this for the first time and we just finished the pillowtown war episode.

How do these writers come up with this stuff? I guess I've got to start ricK and morty.
Saxsoon
AG
I think 6 had some pretty great *****

Listening to the Darkest timeline podcast (Joel and Ken host) for them season 6 was one of their favorite seasons.

And they really have danced around the fact they really didn't enjoy season 4.
Malachi Constant
AG
Just now finished season 3. With all the talk about the step down in quality in season 4, I'm oddly intrigued to see what the hubbub is about.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Season 4 felt like a rehash of previous season episodes and storylines:

-the German foosballers return (minus Nick Kroll)
-Jeff finally meets his dad (which never needed to happen)
-Abed makes another documentary, this time on "Changnesia" (a bad plotline that only gets worse on repeated viewings)
-instead of a stop-motion story, we get a story told with puppets.
-how the group ended up meeting gets it's own origin story...so we get to see some of the things we already new about (Troy's keg-stand injury)
-and the season ends with the return of the Darkest Timeline characters.

There are some redeeming things in season 4 and it's not a total waste......but it feels like it's just spinning it's wheels most of the time. I mean, they spent an entire episode at an Inspector Spacetime convention and it just seemed like a fan-service episode and a real missed opportunity.
jackie childs
this may have been posted or discussed on here or another thread before, but i was watching Into the Spider-verse last night and noticed a Community nod.

When Miles first goes to his Uncle Aaron's apartment, the tv is showing the scene from Community where Troy gets out of bed wearing his Spider-Man shirt. Found the below pic online confirming:

Humorous Username
AG
Outstanding catch.
Malachi Constant
AG
/r/moviedetails would LOVE that

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.