Disney Star Wars fans, I laugh at your pain.

17,644 Views | 237 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Joe Exotic
AG
TCTTS said:

Anyone here saying they're not seeing Episode IX in theaters is either bluffing or a liar and they just don't know it yet. Come December 20, all the buzz + nostalgia + the holidays will = the sins of TLJ being numbed just enough to garner a ticket from each and every one of you at some point during the first month of release. I want to screenshot all of these just to see who inevitably chimes in with their reaction.

I know what you're getting at and you may be right. But I'm just not pumped or motivated to see this. If the opportunity presents itself I probably will, but unlike in years past I'm not going to force the issue.
TCTTS
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

Ahhhhhh isn't that cute.

Look at all the 4 Chan wannabes making their cute little posts.

Hang in there little guys. Being funny and handsome isn't everything. I'm sure you're good at lots of important stuff that people sometimes care about.

... says the guy who's posted numerous, fever-dream rants all over this board as of late.
TCTTS
AG
I completely understand not being pumped or motivated to see this one. I just think it's silly and disingenuous when people start going down the I-won't-be-seeing-it path.
Joe Exotic
AG
TCTTS said:

I completely understand not being pumped or motivated to see this one. I just think it's silly and disingenuous when people start going down the I-won't-be-seeing-it path.

It's sad that it even has to be to this point because of Rian Johnson's epic ****show. I'm still baffled as to what the **** he was thinking.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Are you aware there's a typo in your profile biography?
bluefire579
AG
Show us on the Jar Jar doll where the mean men hurt you

The Collective
AG
I've wanted more Star Wars content since I was a little kid (born in the early 80s), so it is hard for me to ***** and moan about getting it.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
TCTTS said:

PaulSimonsGhost said:

Ahhhhhh isn't that cute.

Look at all the 4 Chan wannabes making their cute little posts.

Hang in there little guys. Being funny and handsome isn't everything. I'm sure you're good at lots of important stuff that people sometimes care about.

... says the guy who's posted numerous, fever-dream rants all over this board as of late.

Fever dream? Whaddya mean by that, Mister?!

Yeah, sure, I may have taken just a little ecstacy and added a nip of wood polish and coffee grounds to my hourly gin & tonic lately but that hardly would have affected my ability to think and post clear, coherent... word thingys.

Now if you'll excuse me MR. RUDE(!), there's a penguin outside my office here to sell me life insurance and GAWD DAMN MY HANDS ARE HUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Belton Ag
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Belton Ag said:

Why is this thread still a thing?

What else is there to do?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Anyone that's seen all 8 movies and saying they won't see this one is full of it.
Urban Ag
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Anyone that's seen all 8 movies and saying they won't see this one is full of it.
I'm going to see it and I'll bring the family (I never gone to a movie by myself) but I have to admit that neither of my boys could care less. Interest gone. That may peak up with The Mandalorian but as it stands it's pretty much dad dragging the family along.
tk for tu juan
Well, Disney has never created a Star Wars Christmas Special, so that is one positive
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Are you aware there's a typo in your profile biography?

What? You don't know what a parter is?

What a mook.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Urban Ag
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

TCTTS, I'm only blowing off steam and maybe triggering one or two people for $h!ts and giggles.

Don't be mad at me. I know this is "your house" - you're the Entertainment Board's Don Vito, Brian Earl Spiller is your Michael Corleone and these are your people. I mean no disrespect, Godfather.

However, Disney Star Wars sucks donkey balls. If you've ever been to a Mexican boarder town there are establishments where a woman for a small fee will get up on stage, approach the donkey after applying liberal amounts of carmax and... well, it's not easily forgotten.

And that's what Disney Star Wars is.

That's all I'm saying.

It's your thread buddy, triple down

PeekingDuck
AG
I mean... Star Wars was always kind of mediocre. It's just a stupid fun series for kids. Always has been. And that's okay.
rhutton125
AG
Challenge accepted! Though it could be a TLJ scenario where it has great reviews and my wife wants to see it.

But if it were up to me, I'd rather do... almost anything. Also I only get a half day for Christmas Eve, a day for Christmas, and I'm out of PTO. So I'll probably use my limited time doing anything but see this.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Anyone here saying they're not seeing Episode IX in theaters is either bluffing or a liar and they just don't know it yet. Come December 20, all the buzz + nostalgia + the holidays will = the sins of TLJ being numbed just enough to garner a ticket from each and every one of you at some point during the first month of release. I want to screenshot all of these just to see who inevitably chimes in with their reaction.
If I go, it's because i got dragged into it. I didn't see the force awakens until a couple of months before The Last Jedi. I saw Ep 8 b/c i got semi-hyped by Ep 7. I honestly don't care to see it in theaters.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Episode IX to me is like the build up to the LSU game is going to be.

I WANT to win ( I want Episode IX to be good)
I do not want to watch the massive beat down ( I don't want to see the final chapter of Star Wars ruined)
I will unfortunately go see it in theaters ( I will turn the LSU game on and watch until we are down by 17 and then turn it off, then I will check gamecast and keep being disappointed)

My only hope is that Kennedy person is gotten rid of and whomever is writing Marvel movies comes over and writes the new movies especially since those hacks D&D are also gone.

The Debt
I think the difference is in the genre. Marvel is action/comedy, starwars is fantasy/space opera. The moods are completely different.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

I'll be seeing it in the theater but only because my 10 ten old son said he wanted to. I asked him about it specifically because I was hoping he'd say No. So I'll be contributing to the opening weekend numbers unfortunately, and giving Disney the false impression that I endorse what they did with the greatest original film universe of all time.

Seriously TCTTS, TLJ was so bad that I have only a passing interest in how this last one plays out. I loved Solo and Rogue One, and am pumped about the Mandalorian, but Rian Johnson killed my interest in this latest trilogy. TLJ was atrocious; even my 10-year old thinks its bad. That's saying a LOT when a 10 year old boy hates a Star Wars movie! Purely my opinion obviously, not saying anybody else has to hate it.

Call me a liar all you want, but I would definitely wait to stream this movie if it wasn't for my son.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't believe you're lying to us, but to yourself.

You would watch it regardless.

Search your feelings.
TCTTS
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

TCTTS, I'm only blowing off steam and maybe triggering one or two people for $h!ts and giggles.

Don't be mad at me. I know this is "your house" - you're the Entertainment Board's Don Vito, Brian Earl Spiller is your Michael Corleone and these are your people. I mean no disrespect, Godfather.

However, Disney Star Wars sucks donkey balls. If you've ever been to a Mexican boarder town there are establishments where a woman for a small fee will get up on stage, approach the donkey after applying liberal amounts of Carmex and... well, it's not easily forgotten.

And that's what Disney Star Wars is.

That's all I'm saying.

I hear you. Admittedly, you seem to be having more "fun" others of your ilk who enjoy "triggering" less for sh*ts and giggles and more because they're miserable people.

That said, me speaking up from time to time has nothing to do with this being "my house" or whatever. Despite what some might say, I could not care less about that crap. There are just certain things here that set me off - rants from forum 16 regulars, endless b*tching without being constructive, and hypocrisy, to name a few. Some of your posts have grazed a few of those, and one of my weaknesses is not being able to bite my tongue when I see those things. It's as simple as that. It has absolutely nothing to do with any kind of self-inflated importance or trying to be the board sheriff or whatever.

Still, I appreciate your candor, and actually agree with many of your Star Wars points. I just think they can be delivered better, that's all.
TCTTS
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

TCTTS said:

I'll be seeing it in the theater but only because my 10 ten old son said he wanted to. I asked him about it specifically because I was hoping he'd say No. So I'll be contributing to the opening weekend numbers unfortunately, and giving Disney the false impression that I endorse what they did with the greatest original film universe of all time.

Seriously TCTTS, TLJ was so bad that I have only a passing interest in how this last one plays out. I loved Solo and Rogue One, and am pumped about the Mandalorian, but Rian Johnson killed my interest in this latest trilogy. TLJ was atrocious; even my 10-year old thinks its bad. That's saying a LOT when a 10 year old boy hates a Star Wars movie! Purely my opinion obviously, not saying anybody else has to hate it.

Call me a liar all you want, but I would definitely wait to stream this movie if it wasn't for my son.

Again, I understand where you're coming from completely. I totally get it. My only point was that there's a difference in saying, "I'm not excited" and "I absolutely won't be seeing it."
FL_Ag1998
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Search your feelings.

Lol, nice
Callate Donnie
FL_Ag1998 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Search your feelings.

Lol, nice
Ha. I just saw "earl" and the voice in my head changed immediately.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Quote:

Personally, I enjoyed TFA seeing it in theaters multiple times, and even saw Rogue One a couple of times in theaters. TLJ took all the enthusiasm from me for this trilogy and I didn't see Solo in theaters. On the TV side of things, Rebels added to the franchise imo. Then Resistance came along and it too like TLJ just sucked all the enthusiasm I had for tv projects.

Until the Mandalorian trailer came out, I also wasn't sure if I could be excited about the franchise under the current leadership. While I saddle Johnson for a lot of TLJ, Kennedy shares quite a bit of the blame for that ****show imo. I more than likely won't go see IX in theaters, but may see it once it hits streaming.
Bruce Almighty
AG
C@LAg said:

Bruce Almighty said:

I will not be seeing this.

I do not care if you do not believe me.

I don't
Lance Uppercut
AG
It's funny that people get so mad that someone made a movie that wasn't the exact movie they wanted.....and it's in a franchise where people fight puppets in outer space with magic. Obvious troll attempt on the OP.

Disclaimer: Star Wars isn't really my thing. But I'll see them. The most serious SW people I know only really liked the first 2 movies and disliked Return of the Jedi and prequels. So 2/6 on everything pre-Disney.

Those some people liked the first Disney one and Rogue One of the new stuff. So we're at....2 out of 4? Disney hitting for a better average with their Star Wars theater releases. Thanks Disney!
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Oh I'm petty as ****. I've seen all 8 movies plus R1 and Solo and seen every movie I could in the theater (born after the first trilogy). Will not be seeing this one.

Additionally I have seen every episode of GOT and every episode of seasons 1-7 twice except the last episode. Have not and will not watch the last episode ever.

Im the guy who remembers that Garrett owes me 50 cents for a soda that I lent him back when sodas cost 50 cents, and openly hold a grudge.

I am terrible, petty, occasionally an ******* but I am not a liar.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

It's funny that people get so mad that someone made a movie that wasn't the exact movie they wanted.....and it's in a franchise where people fight puppets in outer space with magic. Obvious troll attempt on the OP.

From what I can tell people aren't upset at not getting a movie how they expect or wanted, they're upset over the evisceration of established characters and the franchise. Luke throwing away the lightsaber and at a point of killing his own nephew were two pretty big slaps in the face. The whole subverting expectations trope/tool/whatever you want to cal it, can be useful but I feel that it was over done in TLJ. Top it off with Space Leia, Holdo, and the apparent regression of characters and I can't say that some of the points aren't credible.
Lance Uppercut
AG
See, to me that sounds exactly like what I just said.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

See, to me that sounds exactly like what I just said.

Characters doing stuff out of character? Ok, whatever.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
You said " it is magic you can do whatever"

He said, "these movies said the magic was X , now the new movies say it is Y. "

Which is different.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.