Disney Star Wars fans, I laugh at your pain.

17,658 Views | 237 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Certainly explains the OP. Paul Simon is only 5'3".
Dr. Teeth
AG
Where Disney/Abrams screwed up with Star Wars was not defining a story arc for the trilogy prior to making the first movie. Abrams thought he could set it up with TFA and then hand the baton off to other writers to finish. Unfortunately, the second guy decided he didn't want to run around the track and took a right turn and ran up into the bleachers and went to the concession stand for nachos.
Fat Bib Fortuna
I wonder how many times Hayden tried to get George to add a couple of love scenes with Padme to bump it up to a PG-13 rating?

I think if I had been at the lake on Naboo with her dressed like that, I probably would have said something as dumb or dumber than "I don't like sand." such as:

"Me Muckraker, girl pretty."

"Naboo is like taboo, with a N though"

"We can both braid our hair"

Fat Bib Fortuna
Here are some wallpapers I did on Photoshop back in 2002 to really keep this thread going.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
rhutton125
AG
Quote:

I have waited 42 years to see the end of the triple trilogy

Man, not me. It wasn't a triple trilogy (aside from in Lucas' head maybe, but he's not involved here) until 2012 when Disney bought the rights and announced a comeback. I didn't want more Skywalkers then, and I don't now. (I know I'm in the minority here.)

To me, episode 9 isn't the culmination of **** except for wrapping up the stories of some characters I don't have that much feeling for. It's not the actors fault, but the writers and directors for 7 and 8 didn't endear me enough to them. It's just the "long-awaited" wrap-up of a 4-year trilogy.

Consider the fact that Disney/LucasFilm have fired as many directors than not. You had Abrams, then they reshot Rogue One without the original director. You had Josh Trank get fired from something, and Colin Trevorrow. You had the Solo guys get fired and replaced with Ron Howard. All that in the middle of this new trilogy that I already didn't want. And I think it shows in the films. My childhood nostalgia is taking a beating here.
(edit: add the GoT guys to the list)

I'm much more interested in a show like the Mandalorian - with new characters in that universe you love, that doesn't affect the canon that you grew up with - than bringing back another old actor for one last ride. I'd rather leave Luke, Leia, Han and Lando happily clapping to some Ewok music, rather than water down Darth Vader with dad jokes or have Han come back just so he can be killed off because that's the only way Harrison Ford would be on board with it. Etc.

I know I'm in the minority, but that's just one person's perspective for why I don't care about Episode 9 at all. Haven't even watched the trailer.

When you make more bad or so-so movies in a franchise than good, I have to question whether or not I'm truly a fan of that franchise anymore. (This also applies to James Bond)
Fat Bib Fortuna
bluefire579
AG
cr0wbar
AG
this is my favorite thread on the ET board
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
tk for tu juan
The Last Jedi = Trump. Pissed off a lot of people, makes up random force powers, but still turns a massive profit for company/country.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And now the sequels...

11. The cinematography of both TFA and TLJ. (Nicely framed shots, colors that pop, real landscapes, very Lawrence of Arabia at times)

12. Rey's Theme

13. Jedi Steps and Finale (And the entire ending scene of TFA, really. From Rey arriving on Ach-To, to Luke removing the hood, to credits. Chills.)

14. The Luke and Leia reunion scene in TLJ

15. The shot of the X-Wings over the water in TFA

16. Poe and Finn's bromance

17. Daisy Ridley

18. Kylo Ren (FANTASTIC character; more fleshed out than Vader ever was in the OT.)

19. Holdo's lightspeed manuever (Huge gasps in the theater every time I watched it.)

20. Every single teaser and trailer for all of the Disney era movies. Best marketing department in entertainment, bar none.
Fat Bib Fortuna
FL_Ag1998
AG
tk for tu juan said:

The Last Jedi = Trump. Pissed off a lot of people, makes up random force powers, but still turns a massive profit for company/country.

Also, just like Trump, Rian Johnson absolutely loved trolling his critics on twitter.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And now the sequels...

11. The cinematography of both TFA and TLJ. (Nicely framed shots, colors that pop, real landscapes, very Lawrence of Arabia at times)

12. Rey's Theme

13. Jedi Steps and Finale (And the entire ending scene of TFA, really. From Rey arriving on Ach-To, to Luke removing the hood, to credits. Chills.)

14. The Luke and Leia reunion scene in TLJ

15. The shot of the X-Wings over the water in TFA

16. Poe and Finn's bromance

17. Daisy Ridley

18. Kylo Ren (FANTASTIC character; more fleshed out than Vader ever was in the OT.)

19. Holdo's lightspeed manuever (Huge gasps in the theater every time I watched it.)

20. Every single teaser and trailer for all of the Disney era movies. Best marketing department in entertainment, bar none.
Old Man Muck's best parts of the sequels - limiting to 10 since you did 10.

1. Bad-ass smart mouth Poe in the opening of TFA

2. Han and Chewie back on the Falcon

3. BEN!

4. Rey calls the lightsaber to her in the forest.

5. TFA Humor - that's now how the force works! C3PO thinking Han doesn't recognize him because of the red arm.

6. Luke saying "Darth Sidious' when he's talking to Rey

7. Luke / R2 reunion and R2 playing the old hologram

8. Kylo gutting Snoke

9.That moment in hindsight when I realized Luke's Force projection was so bad-ass that it fooled C3PO who is a freaking robot. Even robot censors thought Luke was on Crait.

10. See ya around, kid.
bluefire579
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

This was the first time I really felt they were acknowleding the prequels happened. Twas nice.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Fat Bib Fortuna
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

This was the first time I really felt they were acknowleding the prequels happened. Twas nice.
Definitely, really gave you the feeling that Luke had been doing his homework on how Palpatine became Sidious. Maybe that will be something that comes into play in IX.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

The shot of the X-Wings over the water in TFA
I can hear the March of the Resistance
Fat Bib Fortuna
Fat Bib Fortuna
wangus12
AG

I got into an argument on reddit a couple of months ago with someone bashing Bail Organa for saying Obi Wan served Anakin in the Clone Wars. Dude couldn't grasp that Leia at this time thinks Bail is her father, not Anakin.
Fat Bib Fortuna
samurai_science
After TLJ I am done.

Also Rian Johnson's bs crap about Empire has me in full boycott mode.

His plan to try and crap on Empire to somehow save his legacy with TLJ is freaking pathetic. Besides the fact he is completely wrong.
Belton Ag
AG

Why is this thread still a thing?
G Martin 87
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I like the sound the lightsabers make.

Jango's seismic charges
What a great band name.
TCTTS
AG
Anyone here saying they're not seeing Episode IX in theaters is either bluffing or a liar and they just don't know it yet. Come December 20, all the buzz + nostalgia + the holidays will = the sins of TLJ being numbed just enough to garner a ticket from each and every one of you at some point during the first month of release. I want to screenshot all of these just to see who inevitably chimes in with their reaction.
tk for tu juan
Belton Ag said:

Why is this thread still a thing?

What else is there to do?
Fenrir
I probably won't see it in theaters. Will wait for Redbox or Disney plus. Word of mouth will have to be that it's an incredible movie for me to even attempt to make it to the theater. We are pretty selective about what we are in theaters since we don't get to go often.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All the people saying "After TROS, I am done"...

You're done after the saga is done? Ya don't say?
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Ahhhhhh isn't that cute.

Look at all the 4 Chan wannabes making their cute little posts.

Hang in there little guys. Being funny and handsome isn't everything. I'm sure you're good at lots of important stuff that people sometimes care about.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.