Anyone watching Jeopardy?

55,792 Views | 496 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Old School Brother
Bob_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you miss an Aggie football game for some reason and have to watch it delayed on your DVR, do you check the game thread on Texags if you don't want to know the score?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Stive said:

Ignore the thread until you watch. How hard is that? Is your self control so weak that you can't help but click on the thread even if you haven't watched it?

This. And FFS it's a game show not an epic drama. You can't spoil anything really unless you post the questions.

I actually usually read this before I watch. It doesn't spoil the questions which is 90% of why I watch. its not for plot twists or the final score. Lol
double aught
AG
The spoiler thing isn't a big deal to me. But that's a poor analogy. Aggie football isn't aired at various times throughout the state/country.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
double aught said:

The spoiler thing isn't a big deal to me. But that's a poor analogy. Aggie football isn't aired at various times throughout the state/country.

It is for you if are watching it later for some reason. And the relevant part was. WOULD YOU CHECK THE THREAD BEFORE YOU WATCHED IT???

if your answer is no then this is no different. Lots of people choose to record jeopardy daily like me and watch later cuz I'm busy at 2:00.
double aught
AG
Still a bad analogy, bro.
UnderoosAg
AG
I don't know **** about Marvel movies.
The Anchor
AG
Who the heck whines about spoilers for a game show? Just don't check the thread. This crap is hilarious.
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Stive said:

Ignore the thread until you watch. How hard is that? Is your self control so weak that you can't help but click on the thread even if you haven't watched it?

This. And FFS it's a game show not an epic drama. You can't spoil anything really unless you post the questions.

I actually usually read this before I watch. It doesn't spoil the questions which is 90% of why I watch. its not for plot twists or the final score. Lol
I think it's probably an overreaction to get upset about having it spoiled for you, as you said, he could just not join the thread until he watches it. However, the bold part is a pretty dumb statement. Knowing who wins in a game show is a pretty big spoiler.
Rudyjax
AG
This is my last comment on the spoiler issue.

I really thought people were of the same mindset that they would wait until the next day to discuss the previous days show.

I posted that suggestion.

If that's an unreasonable suggestion then it's no big deal to me and I won't read the thread after it starts airing.

And going back to yesterday's show, it was hilarious how slow the other guy was compared to James in terms of his speaking and choices of categories. You almost get used to how quick James is and everyone not that quick seems slow.
BMX Bandit
Why would you look at the thread if you hadn't seen the most current episode?

This is one of all time great message board whines on Texags.
Rudyjax
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Why would you look at the thread if you hadn't seen the most current episode?

This is one of all time great message board whines on Texags.

I'm finished commenting on this subject.

James only won $70k yesterday. He's slipping.
Post removed:
by user
Rudyjax
AG
It was a joke. Only $70k.

Redstone
AG
Is the 8:30 PM EST demarcation workable?
Bob_Ag
AG
double aught said:

You missed the obvious point. If you don't want to know what happens about a show you haven't watched yet, don't get on the thread that is actively discussing it. Air times are irrelevant.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
You'll never stop it with some imaginary line in the sand - not everybody reads every post and someone new may skip to the end and not read your rules 4 pages back.

FFS is it really that hard not to read a thread if you have not watched the latest episode. Seems.....intuitive and simple.
Redstone
AG
The problem is that a lot of people leave tabs open, especially for forums, and a refresh would obviously contain a spoiler or two.

We need a firm, daily time marker.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
or..... don't refresh unless you have watched the episode. good lord.

do you just post and not read:

Quote:

You'll never stop it with some imaginary line in the sand - not everybody reads every post and someone new may skip to the end and not read your rules 4 pages back.
Redstone
AG
There are some browsers that auto-refresh.
Bob_Ag
AG
This thread is hilarious...and alarming.
DannyDuberstein
AG
How much do competitors get to watch him before competing against him? I know they usually shoot 5 shows per day, with 3 in the AM and 2 in the PM. I assume they see any shows filmed before their episode that day.

From what I've seen from previous repeat champions, the stamina required to do this may be the most impressive piece. So many of them talk about how absolutely wiped out they were by the 3rd episode, they end up losing, and are almost relieved.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Redstone said:

There are some browsers that auto-refresh.
a. close them
b. don't read it
Rudyjax
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

How much do competitors get to watch him before competing against him? I know they usually shoot 5 shows per day, with 3 in the AM and 2 in the PM. I assume they see any shows filmed before their episode that day.

From what I've seen from previous repeat champions, the stamina required to do this may be the most impressive piece. So many of them talk about how absolutely wiped out they were by the 3rd episode, they end up losing, and are almost relieved.

So apparently they know what day they're on, just not what show. So Monday's challengers haven't seen him play. Tuesday's have seen him once, Wednesday's twice, etc.

I just don't know how far in advance they film them.
Redstone
AG
All it takes is another wizard on the buzzer and one missed daily double, and he's possibly done.

I don't think I could defeat him, although it would depend upon the categories.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think the filming to air date lag is typically anywhere from 2 to 4 months. So unless it's a crazy long run, they don't see him from home at all. Their shot to strategize is based on whatever they get to see during filming, which I would assume would be limited to anything shot earlier on the day they compete. So those that draw the first episode AM may be SOL, but those in the 5th may have at least had the chance to see what their up against and revise how they plan to attack (i..e get more aggressive on the DD's).
double aught
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I think the filming to air date lag is typically anywhere from 2 to 4 months.
I thought so too, but Alex is talking with James about people recognizing him now. Maybe he just meant the potential of it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I think that is all for show. Just like having them change clothes 5 times in one day.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think they cycle the tournaments from filming to air through faster, but those are still like a month lag.
Post removed:
by user
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yeah they know he will be recognized by now - while filming. they are just acting like it has happened. although he may be recognized anyway from some of his other game show appearances. He's been on both The Chase and 500 Questions.

Ryandawg
DannyDuberstein said:

I think the filming to air date lag is typically anywhere from 2 to 4 months. So unless it's a crazy long run, they don't see him from home at all. Their shot to strategize is based on whatever they get to see during filming, which I would assume would be limited to anything shot earlier on the day they compete. So those that draw the first episode AM may be SOL, but those in the 5th may have at least had the chance to see what their up against and revise how they plan to attack (i..e get more aggressive on the DD's).
I was just on an episode of The Price is Right that we taped in late February 2019 and it didn't air until mid April. I don't know if those shows have similar lag times, but it might be a good reference point.
Rudyjax
AG
The only chance of people having watching him is if he closes out the season.

Rudyjax
AG
Just did some research and read a blog post by Ken Jennings dad.

Ken had won 41 times when his first episode aired.

Filmed in front of an audience, you'd think it would leak if he lost. So I don't think he has yet.
DannyDuberstein
AG
So that fits the 2 month-ish lag, although yeah, the timing of a season wrapping could impact how that works out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.