Anyone watching Jeopardy?

54,995 Views | 496 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Old School Brother
EMY92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I won't reveal the winner, but today's show is a good contest.
Aggie09Derek
AG
EMY92 said:

I won't reveal the winner, but today's show is a good contest.

Great one
Post removed:
by user
Liquid Wrench
Don't spoil it for Rudyjax! He's checking this thread every 5 minutes until he watches the show at 4AM!!!
Rudyjax
AG
You're blocked so I don't know what you said but know your replied to me.

Stive
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Don't spoil it for Rudyjax! He's checking this thread every 5 minutes until he watches the show at 4AM!!!

Here you go Rudy....!!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Rudyjax said:

You're blocked so I don't know what you said but know your replied to me.

He said James lost today. Huge spoiler if someone didn't watch yet. Not cool.

Rudyjax
AG
Thanks. I guess. Not sure why he's such a dick.

if he had bothered to read the thread, you can see I conceded that you can't exoect people not to post spoilers.

Rudyjax
AG
Already watched.

GiveEmHellBill
AG

Today's episode.
PatAg
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Imagine living your life to make posts like that
Liquid Wrench
Oh **** off with that nonsense, I've seen your posts on the GoT thread.

****ing Message Board Lawyer.
Rudyjax
AG
Anyone ever get $50k+ and lose?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Today was unusually easy imho..... I easily knew 90% of the clues and quickly (saying them aloud before hearing answers) including all Daily Doubles and Final Jeopardy. Sometimes I pause so I can think through an answer to see if I know it - never did that even once today.

That might be the key to beating him - an easy board leaves more to buzzing in, chance and wagers.

Rudyjax
AG
I had no clue on the final jeopardy.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
nm
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
remove the colon on your spoiler
Liquid Wrench
There was a Daily Double on Friday that stumped the guy in the middle (Tyler?), and it was probably the most obscure Daily Double or FJ I've seen in a while. Nothing in the context gave it away unless you knew the answer, which is a departure from the the trend lately.
AgPediRPh
AG
Rudyjax said:

Do you know of another business booster group? That one was celebrity Jeopardy easy.
Madmarttigan
AG
We watch this during lunch and his expression had us thinking he was about to lose but he pulled it out
Counterpoint
AG
tv1113 said:

We watch this during lunch and his expression had us thinking he was about to lose but he pulled it out
We couldn't figure out if he was just faking that expression to be dramatic, or if he was making the expression because he couldn't think of anyone to give a shout out to on his screen (which he left blank this time).

Post removed:
by user
07ag
AG
Counterpoint said:

tv1113 said:

We couldn't figure out if he was just faking that expression to be dramatic, or if he was making the expression because he couldn't think of anyone to give a shout out to on his screen (which he left blank this time).

they banned shoutouts over the weekend

https://thejeopardyfan.com/2019/04/rules-change-shout-outs-no-longer-allowed-in-final-jeopardy.html
Counterpoint
AG
07ag said:

Counterpoint said:

tv1113 said:

they banned shoutouts over the weekend

https://thejeopardyfan.com/2019/04/rules-change-shout-outs-no-longer-allowed-in-final-jeopardy.html
Oh! Everyone was starting to do it so I guess that makes sense.
Rudyjax
AG
jjmanzano said:

Rudyjax said:

Do you know of another business booster group? That one was celebrity Jeopardy easy.

I don't know any. And then French thing further confuses it. Just a huge gap in my knowledge.
Madmarttigan
AG
Zero fun is allowed to be had on jeopardy, serious business
aggietony2010
AG
jjmanzano said:

Rudyjax said:

Yeah, that's one where I'd put down "chamber of commerce" because it's the only thing that came to mind, thinking it's too easy, and then be pleasantly and mildly see when it's right.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggietony2010 said:

jjmanzano said:

Rudyjax said:

Yeah, that's one where I'd put down "chamber of commerce" because it's the only thing that came to mind, thinking it's too easy, and then be pleasantly and mildly see when it's right.
yeah it is the only one that came to mind for me too... AND I've actually seen

Chambre de Commerce in various European places and French Canada - so the reference to "of" and "de" triggered it. For example

Rudyjax
AG
I don't think I've ever seen either.

Now it'll be baader meinhofing my brain now.
Post removed:
by user
Aggie09Derek
AG
third coast.. said:

oh my god that lady was so stupid. why did she even wager any money? she literally just threw it away. how freaking stupid could she be.
You wager before you know the question

She didn't exactly lose the money she wagered either...

Non-winners receive consolation prizes. Since May 16, 2002, consolation prizes have been $2,000 for the second-placecontestant(s) and $1,000 for the third-place contestant.

Post removed:
by user
hph6203
AG
Guy's net worth is probably not insignificantly higher than the amount of money he's won off Jeopardy and he makes calculated risks for a living. Read an article where he bet 75,000 on Griffey getting elected to the Hall of Fame with more than 75% of the vote (seems stupid to qualify the 75% as it's the minimum). Griffey was obviously going to make it, but 75,000 is a chunk to put on that bet. I just wonder what the payoff was.
Bunk Moreland
Probably like 5 grand
Liquid Wrench
They wager when they see the category, but before they see the question.

So like today, once you see the question, not too hard to guess the former capitol of West Germany.
However, based on the category of "World Geography," I would not have felt very lucky.

Shows what a freak James (and some other contestants are) that they're confident enough to make complex wagers to finish ahead of the other contestants' potential gain, just assuming they're going to nail whatever question pops up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.