Anyone watching Jeopardy?

54,984 Views | 496 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Old School Brother
Post removed:
by user
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really fun to watch
Redstone
AG
I was rooting for Gabby today.
Big fan.
Rudyjax
AG
Redstone said:

I was rooting for Gabby today.
Big fan.

Her mind is well endowed.
Redstone
AG
https://t.co/avhFzFCCU5?amp=1
Hey...so.. um
Hipefully they dont go to sports questions.

Rudyjax
AG
Hey...so.. um said:

Hipefully they dont go to sports questions.

Indian lady: Think of a sports team in America. Colorado Rockies??
Post removed:
by user
Rudyjax
AG
third coast.. said:

Hitting the daily double right off the bat threw him off his game for a minute.

Yeah. And they put a daily double on 2k today in double.
MooreTrucker
AG
third coast.. said:

James talks over alex so often
That's the only thing that irritates me about him. But it's his "let's keep moving and racking up dollars" style.
Post removed:
by user
Liquid Wrench
It's definitely a technique. A lot of the Teen Jeopardy and quiz bowl types in the tournament of champions do it.
Counterpoint
AG
Was Monday's show the first time (while James has been on) that they didn't have enough time to answer all the questions?
Rudyjax
AG
Counterpoint said:

Was Monday's show the first time (while James has been on) that they didn't have enough time to answer all the questions?
I didn't see his first 3 games, but yeah since I started watching.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Probably mentioned already, but another call-out on his strategy would be that he doesn't guess. He's averaging one buzz-in per episode where he has an incorrect response. Very disciplined about sitting out the question and not giving $$$ back if he isn't pretty certain about it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Rudyjax said:

Champ Bailey said:

JetAg said:

Rudyjax said:

Don't know who KK is.
KK = Kliff Kingsbury (former tech coach)

KJ = Ken Jennings (former Jeopardy champion - the longest winner in J history)

I wonder if he will beat out Brad, the guy that has won the most money in Jeopardy history.

Brad has beaten Ken head to head a couple of times, hasn't he? His team beat Kens team, but that wasn't all on Ken.

Yeah, Brad wins all the championship events usually. He's made millions off of Jeopardy. He jokes that he comes back whenever he want to buy a new car.

I think Ken won 77 times in a row though, and the closest person to him (not sure how many this current guy has won) is something like 19 times in a row.
Rudyjax
AG
Brad could only go 5 days back then.

They changed the rule right before Ken went on his run.
double aught
AG
I think James has already established himself as one of the top three all time, along with Brad and Ken. Surely they'll have them on stage together at some point.
Rudyjax
AG
It's interesting, if you take away daily doubles and final jeopardy, his number are nearly identical to KJs.

Post removed:
by user
Rudyjax
AG
third coast.. said:

Rudyjax said:

It's interesting, if you take away daily doubles and final jeopardy, his number are nearly identical to KJs.

Is assume because everything else is the same and the place to really control the game is on those questions.
Yes. James goes for all the highest values and then goes big on daily doubles.

He has hit 8 more DD than Ken did at this stage and has wagered made nearly $240k more in daily doubles alone.

His average FJ wager is around $25k and Ken's was $6400.

The only major statistic where James is signifigantly better is Final Jeopardy where James is at 92% and Ken was at 70%. An argument could be made Ken's were harder, but that's a futile argument.

https://thejeopardyfan.com/2019/04/james-holzhauer-ken-jennings-comparison.html
AgPediRPh
AG
Apples and oranges, but I read an article last week that stated James is making more money per episode than Alex Trebek.

I am eagerly watching to see if he can hit $1 million. Assuming he does hit that mark, I wonder if his constant runaway victories will be bad for ratings.
Post removed:
by user
Rudyjax
AG
jjmanzano said:

Apples and oranges, but I read an article last week that stated James is making more money per episode than Alex Trebek.

I am eagerly watching to see if he can hit $1 million. Assuming he does hit that mark, I wonder if his constant runaway victories will be bad for ratings.
Its like watching Jordan or Tiger or Messi at their peak. Must see TV
Counterpoint
AG
jjmanzano said:

It's appointment TV for me now. Normally I watch while I'm doing dishes or whatever. Now I actually sit down to watch and root for James. I bet ratings will go up. At least until he passes Ken, if he does.
Post removed:
by user
MooreTrucker
AG
third coast.. said:

Same. I eat my dinner in front of the TV watching this now ha
It comes on at 4:30 in the afternoon here. I'm not old enough for dinner that early. Not yet anyway.
Post removed:
by user
Rudyjax
AG
6pm in DFW.

It's the first thing I watch every evening.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I am eagerly watching to see if he can hit $1 million.
Did you see where his total was at as of yesterday before you posted this?
MSFC Aggie
AG
Comes on at 3 here
The Milkman
AG
Just set your DVR. I've been recording Jeopardy daily since college. You can watch an episode in 15 minutes if you skip the interviews.
Rudyjax
AG
That's how you do it.
Liquid Wrench
I've been doing that lately since they moved it up to 1PM here. Do not miss the contestant interviews.

MooreTrucker
AG
https://www.theringer.com/tv/2019/4/18/18456756/james-holzhauer-jeopardy-winner-alex-trebek-ken-jennings

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.