*** THE BATMAN ***

220,357 Views | 2111 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

TCTTS
AG
I also forgot that Enygma already has a little bobble head, figurines, and then also an entire carnival game robot thing in his apartment of a character dressed in all green with question marks all over him. It's almost like The Riddler already exists in this world and Enigma just copies him and becomes his own version of him? It's so lazy and weird and makes no sense.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Not movies, but I saw it posted in the Nerdery that the Batman Arkham computer games (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Knight) are all free on Epic Games this week. I've only played the first two, but they're two of the better Batman stories you'll find, and you can't argue with free.
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
I will say, this movie actually does look pretty good. The cinematography, colors, etc are better than I remember and as good as I hoped they'd be in retrospect. Not to mention, this is the best Nicole Kidman has ever looked as well...
TCTTS
AG
Ah yes, the part of the movie where Bruce Wayne volunteers to adopt an apparently 25-year-old orphan. This is bringing back so many memories. I remember everyone thinking Chris O'Donnell was the next Tom Cruise. He looks soooo '90s in this; the close-cropped hair, the long sideburns, the earring, and what may or may not be eyeliner? That said, this Robin plot line somehow isn't the worst thing in the world?
TCTTS
AG
I spoke too soon. Robin just made a show in front of Alfred of karate chopping/kicking/slinging his washed clothes onto a clothesline which is hanging directly in front of a dryer...
TCTTS
AG
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm pretty sure that was inspired by footage that was cut from 3 Ninja Kick Back.
TCTTS
AG
Alright, upon discovering the Batcave, Robin immediately stole the Batmobile for no reason at all (right in front of Alfred), took it for a joy ride through a heavily populated and seedy Gotham street, and is now fighting a glow-in-the-dark gang. That's it for me tonight.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I will say, this movie actually does look pretty good. The cinematography, colors, etc are better than I remember and as good as I hoped they'd be in retrospect. Not to mention, this is the best Nicole Kidman has ever looked as well...
I always really enjoyed the black light warehouse
TCTTS
AG
So glad they finally introduced Cheif Black Light, beloved villain and glow-in-the-dark Native American from the comics...
Ag Since 83
AG
Living Legend
AG
After reading your recaps, are we sure this movie wasn't supposed to be a comedy?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Love Batman Forever.

How has nobody posted the best part of the movie:

"Going for a little ride in my love machine baby. Whooo!"
Quad Dog
AG
Batman '89 hasn't exactly aged well either. In the first few minutes of the movie Batman gets shot (he gets shot a lot in the movie) and does his slow motion cape move three times.
AgfromHOU
AG
Batman Forever was the first movie I got to see in theaters. It came out on my 4th birthday.
TXAG 05
AG
Nicole Kidman is definitely the highlight of Batman Forever. As bad as it is, it is Citizen Kane compared to Batman and Robin. That may be the worst movie ever made.
TCTTS
AG

https://theplaylist.net/mahershala-ali-batman-blade-20190924/
AgfromHOU
AG
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace was infinitely worse than Batman & Robin
AgfromHOU
AG
Wrong thread
rhutton125
AG
What a string of overqualified Commissioner Gordons we've had. Gary Oldman, JK Simmons, almost Mahershala Ali and now supposedly Jeffrey Wright. Picking Blade over Gordon is a no-brainer.

It's interesting though - I know there had been speculation and comments and things but a new Gordon makes it 100% confirmed to not be in the Snyderverse in any way. Unless they walk it back later and say he had the Michael Jackson disease or something.

I think we all knew it wasn't the same Batman, but now we know.
AgfromHOU
AG
rhutton125 said:

Picking Blade over Gordon is a no-brainer.

I mean.. who would you rather be? A supporting character or titular character?
rhutton125
AG
Exactly. That's why it's kind of funny that that news came out. What a waste of a two-time Oscar winner.
TCTTS
AG
Gordon might have a larger role than we know, though. Obviously, he won't ever be the lead, but I bet its at least a really good role...
AgfromHOU
AG
TCTTS said:

Gordon might have a larger role than we know, though. Obviously, he won't ever be the lead, but I bet its at least a really good role...

Oh for sure. It's just a titular character will always be more sought after than a supporting character, no matter how big of a role. I do think Gordon will play a huge role, similar to Nolan's trilogy. Otherwise they wouldn't be swinging for the fences on casting.
double aught
AG
I've enjoyed this look back at Batman Forever.
YouBet
AG
Ali doesn't fit as Gordon at all to me. J Wright on the other hand does. Glad that turned out the way it did.

It also feels like we've now fully completed a game challenge to make all relevant police chiefs/commissioners black.
fig96
AG
I think I can get on board with this...

fig96
AG
Quad Dog said:

Batman '89 hasn't exactly aged well either. In the first few minutes of the movie Batman gets shot (he gets shot a lot in the movie) and does his slow motion cape move three times.

What I love about this scene, however, is how well it conveys that the thugs perceive Batman as a thing and not a person. The way he floats in behind them, the way he exits the scene, how he's more of a legend or icon than human.

It does a good job setting up the Gotham mythos of "The Bat",
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
I think Zoe Kravitz has the charisma of a piece of cardboard. I don't think she's a good actress at all, and one of the more blatant cases of Hollywood nepotism at work today.

Hope she proves me wrong, but that's pretty lame compared to some of the other names that were thrown around.
fig96
AG
Sex Panther said:

I think Zoe Kravitz has the charisma of a piece of cardboard. I don't think she's a good actress at all, and one of the more blatant cases of Hollywood nepotism at work today.

Hope she proves me wrong, but that's pretty lame compared to some of the other names that were thrown around.
I don't dislike her, but I also kinda have a thing for Eiza Gonzalez cause...yeah. Also Ana de Armas cause...yeah.
TCTTS
AG
She's not bad on Big Little Lies, and I can see her kind of pulling off a slight naughty Michelle Pfeiffer vibe, but yeah, ultimately, this feels like a dud to me. Something about Kravitz just rubs me the wrong way. She's "cool" but lacks charisma, has completely lifeless eyes, and is a teeny-tiny twig of a person. I guess I can see a version of Catwoman who's lighter and smaller and can slip in and out of tight spaces/situations, but I cannot at all imagine her engaging in a fight of any kind.

Out of the list who auditioned, I would have gone with Eiza Gonzalez in a heartbeat. Not only would she look the part in every way, but trains like crazy, including a ton of boxing. That woman can absolutely throw a punch.
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.