****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,581 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Seven Costanza
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd like to take a second to defend burning the city and everyone in it to the ground. If you don't have any allies and your only goal is to be in power, this is a great way to get everyone in line. Following that kind of razing, the other Houses would have tremendous pressure from their constituents to comply the Queen because they know that if they don't, literally everyone will die and the city will be wiped off planet. Before, if the Lord didn't comply, he/she probably gets beheaded, but the city and everyone else get to continue on with their sh***y lives.
Ragoo
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Ragoo said:

jtstanley4621 said:

cbr said:

daggertx said:

This show is becoming the Last Jedi bad....
No way, even 4 was nowhere near that bad.

I just am of the opinion that anyone hating her burning everything is just failing to understamd the entire point of the whole show.
At least for me personally, I'm upset about WHY she did it, not that she actually did it. do not think that they did a good job establishing her going down this path. Yes, they beat us over the head with her losing her inner circle (Jorah, Missandei, Jon telling Sansa, etc.) but I don't feel like that is the type of subtle, slow build that we have come to know from Game of Thrones. The writing is not as tightly packed and subtle as it once was.

Being upset with how it went down doesn't mean that you misunderstand the entire point of the series.
why do you think she did it? I personally believe she never once intended on taking Kong's landing in one piece. I don't think she is mad either. I think she understands that she needed to completely destroy cersi and her "subjects".
She showed restraint even after they killed Rhaegal while she was on the way to King's Landing. She said she did not intend to be the Queen of Ashes.

As for the why part: Essentially, the writers are banking on you believing that Mellisande was the final straw. Which I think is fine, but to me felt very rushed and as a result, the mass genocide was something that seemed to jump the shark a bit too much.
restraint? She was ambushed and had no plan of attack. More than half her army was on foot to KL. She had no reason to fight this pissant battle. She has shown time and time again vigilance in eliminating those against her. Restraint is the opposite of what she has.
AgLiving06
I took Jon Snow to be the final straw.

She said she could rule with love or with fear.

When he denied her she said fear.
jboog
AG
bangobango said:

SAtxag16 said:

bobinator said:

I don't mind so much what they've done with Tyrion. He continually suggests paths that seem 'right,' and then he's wrong for various reasons.

He's like the oppo-Littlefinger. He continually underestimates how extreme people will be and tends to assume everyone else will think logically.

His suggestions always have perfectly well thought out logic, and because of that they often end up wrong.
Yeah I don't disagree with that now, but I feel like that wasn't the guy he was in the first 3 or 4 seasons. My gripe isn't so much just with Season 8 Tyrion as it is the overall arc of his character from where he started.

Season 3 Tyrion would have never dreamed of trusting Cersei or underestimated her ruthlessness. Didn't make sense to me for his character to regress like that over time.
Tyrion murdered his dad with a crossbow while he was on the ****ter and strangled the love of his life to death. Yeah, they've destroyed his character.
Thank u!!!

My guy goes from having his sister and father sentencing him to death for a crime he didn't commit and killing his father and his lady, then convincing Daenerys to make him her Hand to just being a dummy who thinks that same sister would all of the sudden do something that benefits someone other than herself and honor her word???

C'mon man
cbr
AG
Tarponfly said:

My problem with the final season of the show is that it does not match the slow and deliberate build-up of the first eight seasons. For years we have been listening to people tell us "Winter is coming." Then winter comes and the Army of the Dead is wiped out in half an episode. Next two episode, half the characters die and Dany goes full-on ape **** and destroys an entire city. Sure, I get the hints at her being a "mad queen" leading up to this season. However, the leap from feeling like she might lose standing with Jon Snow being outed as the rightful heir to the Iron Throne to homicidal maniac in one episode seems a bit extreme.

It seems as though the writers and cast just checked it in to move on to other projects.
I think the whole (and only) point of the night king and the end of the world is that even armageddon wont stop the wheels of the game from spinning and make people act honestly and ethically, or even appreciate each other. That is why it came and went and they didnt go 24 hours before people start backstabbing and killing again.
smokeythebear
AG
Not gonna lie, this made me even more upset about Rhaegal's bull**** death last week too. This entire season has been a blatant deus ex machina week after week.

Episode 1: Infinite dragon glass. Dragon glass on everything. Literally, everything.
Episode 2: Crypts are safe! Everyone else is dead. Also Valyrian steel on the front lines
Episode 3: None of that matters, Arya is OP
Episode 4: None of that matters, scorpions OP
Episode 5: None of that matters, Drogon OP
Episode 6: None of that matters, Bran is OP???

I mean, why should we even expect anything to make sense in the Series Finale? It's clear they will come up with some bull**** thing to OP next week to nullify Dany, just like they have done 3 weeks in a row.

This is just horrible horrible writing.
smokeythebear
AG
cbr said:

Tarponfly said:

My problem with the final season of the show is that it does not match the slow and deliberate build-up of the first eight seasons. For years we have been listening to people tell us "Winter is coming." Then winter comes and the Army of the Dead is wiped out in half an episode. Next two episode, half the characters die and Dany goes full-on ape **** and destroys an entire city. Sure, I get the hints at her being a "mad queen" leading up to this season. However, the leap from feeling like she might lose standing with Jon Snow being outed as the rightful heir to the Iron Throne to homicidal maniac in one episode seems a bit extreme.

It seems as though the writers and cast just checked it in to move on to other projects.
I think the whole (and only) point of the night king and the end of the world is that even armageddon wont stop the wheels of the game from spinning and make people act honestly and ethically, or even appreciate each other. That is why it came and went and they didnt go 24 hours before people start backstabbing and killing again.
I'm still biting my tongue. There are maybe 2-3 ways they could land this plane and properly incorporate the relevancy of the Night King. Do I have any faith D&D ACTUALLY do that? No. But it is still possible.
cbr
AG
Thats a fair point except didnt one of the other dragons take a chunk out of his neck and cause premature conflagration?
cbr
AG
smokeythebear said:

cbr said:

Tarponfly said:

I'm still biting my tongue. There are maybe 2-3 ways they could land this plane and properly incorporate the relevancy of the Night King. Do I have any faith D&D ACTUALLY do that? No. But it is still possible.
Well, i sure think *I* made it sound good.

Liquid Wrench
What is "OP" in this context?
smokeythebear
AG
Over Powered
Furlock Bones
AG
SAtxag16 said:

bangobango said:

SAtxag16 said:

bobinator said:

I don't mind so much what they've done with Tyrion. He continually suggests paths that seem 'right,' and then he's wrong for various reasons.

He's like the oppo-Littlefinger. He continually underestimates how extreme people will be and tends to assume everyone else will think logically.

His suggestions always have perfectly well thought out logic, and because of that they often end up wrong.
Yeah I don't disagree with that now, but I feel like that wasn't the guy he was in the first 3 or 4 seasons. My gripe isn't so much just with Season 8 Tyrion as it is the overall arc of his character from where he started.

Season 3 Tyrion would have never dreamed of trusting Cersei or underestimated her ruthlessness. Didn't make sense to me for his character to regress like that over time.
Tyrion murdered his dad with a crossbow while he was on the ****ter and strangled the love of his life to death. Yeah, they've destroyed his character.
Thank u!!!

My guy goes from having his sister and father sentencing him to death for a crime he didn't commit and killing his father and his lady, then convincing Daenerys to make him her Hand to just being a dummy who thinks that same sister would all of the sudden do something that benefits someone other than herself and honor her word???

C'mon man

Varys and especially Tyrion have suffered most without GRRM source material. I think even ardent show supporters would agree with that.
smokeythebear
AG
nm
Matt_ag98
I think video game slang for OverPowered, which there are not enough shows left to nerf this in a patch lol
Furlock Bones
AG
Shife said:

Prediction: Bran wargs Dany and asks for teh buttsecks from Jon

Wound up on the 1st page. Hadn't read it. They might as well throw this in.
Duncan Idaho
Tarponfly said:

Agree

This show is the anti-soa.

SOA set up a great series in a burner of season one and then went slow burn through progressively worse layers of craptastic tv.

GoT started off with 6 seasons of slowly building great TV to burn through one season a rapidly regressing craptastic tv.
Liquid Wrench
Thanks, I'm ignorant of most gamer references.
Duncan Idaho
bangobango said:

SAtxag16 said:

bobinator said:

Shae wasnt the love of his life. That was the first wife.

Agnzona
I heard a podcast today that HBO wanted 2 mores seasons, D&D with their dream Star Wars in hand rejected that. Then HBO offered an extended season 7 and again that was rejected with the compromise being the 2 longer episodes.

Why didn't D&D just walk away after season 7 and let someone else finish it out? Seems like a huge tactical mistake not only for the show but for D&D?
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
dmart90
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Her burning all of the scorpions is not the problem. The problem was the three bolts that hit Rhaegal last week.

But that's all water under the bridge.
I honestly don't understand the issue here. Rhaegal was free flying - no one was controlling him. Was Rhaegal supposed to simply have an innate fear of the scorpions? Did Dany warn her dragon before hand? Is so, what makes you think Rhaegal would pay attention? A dragon is supposed to be scared of a pointy stick? Was Dany supposed to communicate with Rhaegal telepathically during the attack?

You don't recall her flying at the fleet and dodging bolts after Rhaegal went down? What makes you think they would be able to hit her this week - especially when she had them firing into the sun?
ChimbosAg
AG
One episode left. I still feel like we have a lot to wrap up... I feel like this things gonna end and we're not gonna have everything answered in the GOT fashion we are used to. They'll finish it and put a bow on it, but I'm sensing we'll miss some minor details, kind of like we've been missing this entire season.

Does anyone else feel this way or have any predictions on something that might get overlooked by the time this is all over next week?
(Don't you dare start with the Howland Reed stuff)
AustinAg2K
Easiest way to wrap up all the story lines is to just have Dany fly to every castle in the kingdom and lay waste. There's no need to have good endings for everyone if you just fry them all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Z said:

google it genius

You might want to learn what a joke is... or an emoticon.....

And keep talking about my daughter whackjob. Game's on now. I'll roast your entire ****ing city to the ground - odd though nobody would have called me a homicidal maniac before. I guess that's out of character for me.

So you are saying that your daughter predicted all along that Dany was going to go genocide on a city full of innocents, but you did not?

I'm saying shut the **** up. Clear enough?

Can everyone please flag this *******'s every attack on the last few pages. Staff needs to take the trash out. I don't care if they take me out with him I'll take one for the team.

I'm done.

You just pulled a Hound, sacrificing your own life to kill the Mountain.
Duncan Idaho
I am not too excited about their star wars effort. Seems like it is going to be prequel bad.

I hope Disney wishes up and hands it over to someone from marvel.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Speaking of Cleganebowl:
i is smart
AG
Howland Reed takes the Iron Throne by default and Meera rolls Bran down a cliff for making her drag his arse everywhere.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
M.C. Swag
AG
Dp
M.C. Swag
AG
Furlock Bones said:

SAtxag16 said:

bangobango said:

SAtxag16 said:

bobinator said:

Thank u!!!

C'mon man

Varys and especially Tyrion have suffered most without GRRM source material. I think even ardent show supporters would agree with that.

Quinten Martell says wassup
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Z said:

google it genius

You might want to learn what a joke is... or an emoticon.....

And keep talking about my daughter whackjob. Game's on now. I'll roast your entire ****ing city to the ground - odd though nobody would have called me a homicidal maniac before. I guess that's out of character for me.

So you are saying that your daughter predicted all along that Dany was going to go genocide on a city full of innocents, but you did not?

I'm saying shut the **** up. Clear enough?

Can everyone please flag this *******'s every attack on the last few pages. Staff needs to take the trash out. I don't care if they take me out with him I'll take one for the team.

I'm done.

You just pulled a Hound, sacrificing your own life to kill the Mountain.

The difference here is that the hound started off pretty bad and redeemed himself.
Truvada_for_prep
THe clegen fight was bad ass not sure how you nerds are upset with that one ?
Bunk Moreland
Agree. If ZJS was going for a Hound look with that move it was pretty sloppy writing on his part.
chase128
AG
Well, dead viseron was missing most of his face when Jon confronted it. His fire was "leaking" out, maybe it lost some of its force?
Broba Fett
So how do they wrap things up? Does Bran warg into Drogon while Dany is riding him to nuke Winterfell and he crash lands them both into the side of a mountain range?
chase128
AG
Arya or Bran probably have the best chance of taking out Dany I guess.

I'm just not sure Bran gives a crap. Maybe he would if Dany is coming to destroy Winterfell.
Render
AG
I never thought GOT would have schlock in it. But that episode had some good good schlock in it. Especially when the Hound faced Mountain Man. That's why I liked it.
First Page Last Page
Page 346 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.