****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,668 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Broba Fett said:

So how do they wrap things up? Does Bran warg into Drogon while Dany is riding him to nuke Winterfell and he crash lands them both into the side of a mountain range?

Arya is gonna kill drogon and eventually dany...then she'll resurrect the NK...and then kill him again. She heads off to "visit" gendry...then takes off again. Credits
Broba Fett
So big question for me is Yara. How many ships and men is she able to put together on the iron islands to help in a fight? Or are they just going to forget about the Greyjoys for the last episode? What about Ellaria Sand? Are we going to assume she was crushed beneath the red keep? Are they even going to do anything with everyone left in Winterfell and The North? Tormund and Ghost gonna come back to kick some ass?
ChimbosAg
AG
Truvada_for_prep said:

THe clegen fight was bad ass not sure how you nerds are upset with that one ?

Favorite part of the episode. The anticipation on that one had been building for seasons, love how they ended that.
Broba Fett
ChimbosAg said:

Truvada_for_prep said:

THe clegen fight was bad ass not sure how you nerds are upset with that one ?

Favorite part of the episode. The anticipation on that one had been building for seasons, love how they ended that.

Aside from a beheading the Hound wasn't going to win any other way than how their bitter rivalry started. With fire.
AustinAg2K
chase128 said:

Arya or Bran probably have the best chance of taking out Dany I guess.

I'm just not sure Bran gives a crap. Maybe he would if Dany is coming to destroy Winterfell.
I don't see how Arya can kill Dany without it feeling rushed. Dany will never let Arya anywhere close to her, so Arya is obviously going to have to kill someone close to Dany. The only person I see possible being Grey Worm (Jon and Tyrion are essentially traitors to her now). Maybe they'll have Arya kill Grey Worm in a brothel.
Broba Fett
Maybe Bran can time travel back into Howland Reed to create a 2nd Night King in secret, and then make a pact with him that he can kill Dany and get a shiny new dragon mount in the process but he needs to go back to the north for 1000 years.
Fenrir
SAtxag16 said:

AustinAg2K said:

bobinator said:

I don't mind so much what they've done with Tyrion. He continually suggests paths that seem 'right,' and then he's wrong for various reasons.

He's like the oppo-Littlefinger. He continually underestimates how extreme people will be and tends to assume everyone else will think logically.

His suggestions always have perfectly well thought out logic, and because of that they often end up wrong.
His suggestions are logical, the problem I have with is character is he is now trusting everyone to also make ration decisions. He basically advises Jon in the very first episode of the series that people are a-holes, and to not forget that. Tyrion has forgotten that.
You articulated it better than I did, but this is largely what I'm trying to say.

Early in the show, one of his biggest strengths seemed to be that he had a gift of truly understanding people. You saw that throughout the first 5 seasons.

Then for whatever reason over these last 3 seasons, he's wrong about basically everything he gives his opinion on. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe his ability to understand people is proportional to the amount of alcohol he has consumed? He hasn't gone dry but he doesn't seem as wasted as earlier seasons.
PatAg
AG
This last episode is extended to 1.5 hours as well, right?
Bunk Moreland
Yes believe so. 80ish minutes
wangus12
AG
I could see Dany telling Jon to bring his sisters under heel or she is going to burn them too which will make him decide she has to die. Or they capture Arya and prepare to execute. He is going to choose his true family eight there when Dany puts him on the spot.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This thread is going to surpass the MCU thread with a three year handicap.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
I don't think this season is bad. Quite the opposite. I love it.

I think most people are sad it is all going to be over. This is like every single long epic show, it has to end and some people hate that it has to end, so they crap all over it.

It is strange but it is the same song different dance. Can't people just enjoy it?
BenFiasco14
AG
Great Beard of Zeus said:

I think most people are sad it is all going to be over. This is like every single long epic show, it has to end and some people hate that it has to end, so they crap all over it.

It is strange but it is the same song different dance. Can't people just enjoy it?
Maybe in some way, but I think when the shows done and people go back to watch it all in succession, I bet the drop in quality is going to be even more obvious and this last ones gonna be the turd in the punch bowl. It all goes back to just about when they lost the source material.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Fenrir
What is with some people needing to attribute other people not liking this season to something else?
Broba Fett
BenFiasco14 said:

Maybe in some way, but I think when the shows done and people go back to watch it all in succession, I bet the drop in quality is going to be even more obvious and this last ones gonna be the turd in the punch bowl. It all goes back to just about when they lost the source material and decided there were other projects they would rather work on
Bunk Moreland
You'll see the drop in quality even last season upon re-watch. I think I stopped posting on the season thread last year because I was becoming annoyed with it but even then there was enough good in the season to outweigh it.

Anyone is free to think what they want about this season but I have only liked ep 1 and appreciated the attempt and scope of ep 3. Other than that I fall firmly in the Elaine Benes - English Patient camp with the final run.
powerbelly
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Maybe in some way, but I think when the shows done and people go back to watch it all in succession, I bet the drop in quality is going to be even more obvious and this last ones gonna be the turd in the punch bowl. It all goes back to just about when they lost the source material.
I just binged watched from the beginning before the season started to catch my wife up with the show, and the drop-off in quality is amazing, especially the final 2 seasons.
suburban cowboy
AG
Anyone else member when this thread was fun?

I member.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

So I decided to do some statistical analysis (ok I just counted). Went back to the end of the show time and started logging and counting peoples take on the show by username. Went through the entire 35 or so pages from then to now.

Put most people in one of three buckets - positive, negative, and mixed+undecided+neutral

If I found a clear positive or negative stance about the entire episode in comments I counted them for that bucket.
If I found positives and negatives and a mixed review I put it in the middling bucket.
If people were undecided or said overall positive and they didn't mind the Dany MQ turn but it was rushed the also went in that bucket.

There were some people who I never found a clear comment about the episode overall. They may have commented positively or negatively or just jokingly about one aspect of the show. I did not include those.

A few were a little questionable so I took a guess based on tone and/or context and then put ?? after.

If I have you bucketed wrong you can tell me - I'm not trying to prejudice this thing. I will say all the positives were generally totally positive or mostly positive. I tried not to overestimate those that liked it. A few that are negative have ?? because while they were mostly negative they never said outright love or hate but I defaulted to hate in those cases.

don't be offended by the order either - that's mostly the order I found them in. but I moved a few later from neutral to negative mostly just based on my gut or later posts that got more negative.

My count currently though is:

Love it - 49
Hate it - 23
Other - 32 and most of these are didn't mind Dany's turn to the Mad Queen but it was rushed a bit

Let me know if I am dead wrong about your position but check your posts first, especially your first post about the episode as a whole.

No doubt episodes 3 and 4 were much more disliked.

Bunk Moreland
I just deleted a long post about how little all of us should care what anyone else thinks because chances are we'd be wrong even with the most vocal arguments if it were 2 people talking face to face instead of on this board with ebbs and flows and influence (perceived or otherwise) of others,etc.

Then I decided 'nah, too heavy. The folks who aren't over thinking this thread know what it is and isn't.

First post I read is a statistical analysis of posters and their opinions.

Sometimes it's just coincidental timing.
jenn96
AG
Fenrir said:

What is with some people needing to attribute other people not liking this season to something else?

I know. I am enormously disappointed in this season, and the way D&D chose to end what was truly a magnificent show. It's not because my overly complicated fan theory turned out to be wrong. It's not because I was expecting a happy ending. It's not because I like being contrary. The last two seasons, especially this season, have lurched from set piece to set piece with little setup and minimal intrigue. The characters act in ways that are uncharacteristic of who they've been for 6 seasons and the writers have gone for cheap Holy **** moments instead of actually setting up a major event. It's not crap, it's not the worst show on tv, it's still very entertaining, but it's such a huge downshift from the excellence of the earlier seasons. And I'm disappointed.

It's also completely self-inflicted. The producers chose to rush through because they assumed they had enough goodwill built up that fans would be happy enough to go along for the ride. And a lot have been! I'm just amazed at how many people have excused the deficiencies of this season by saying "well, the writers had to do it really quickly because there are only six episodes. So being rushed and incoherent isn't a surprise." That like explaining to your professor that he needs to excuse your bad grade because after all, you didn't bother to study until after midnight.

I'm actually not unhappy with the big reveals this season - Arya getting the NK kill, Jon being completely uninterested in the Iron Throne, Dani going Mad Queen, and Cersei dying terrified and bereft after having lost everything. Even Jaime did what I expected him to at the end. But the path the writers took to get there was forced, rushed and insufficient for the gravity of the events they were showing. The show and the cast deserved better, and I think the fans did too.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I just deleted a long post about how little all of us l should care what anyone else thinks because chances are you'd be wrong even with the most vocal arguments if it were 2 people talking face to face instead of on this board with ebbs and flows and influence (perceived or otherwise) of others,etc.

Then I decided 'nah, too heavy. The folks who aren't over thinking this thread know what it is and isn't.

First post I read is a statistical analysis of posters and their opinions.

Sometimes it's just coincidental timing.

lol.

... i just got the feeling there were more positive than negatives this episode (as opposed to ep 3 and 4) and decided to count. i would not have bothered counting for those episodes. they were definitely heavily disliked - even the positives for me didn't outweigh the negatives on those.

i was curious if my perception was off.

PS - and I made no judgments on anyone (based on their take) other than which bucket.

M.C. Swag
AG
Lol I apparently hated it for posting this:
Quote:

Loved some of the cinematics. Incredibly brutal episode. Seeing the city burn through the eyes of the common people was really effective emotionally.

Things D&D kinda forgot about (this episode):

- Cersei, the Red Keep has fallen in the past. To your father during Robert's Rebellion.

- Jaime, you did care about the common people in King's Landing when you killed Aerys.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Lol I apparently hated it for posting this:
Quote:

Loved some of the cinematics. Incredibly brutal episode. Seeing the city burn through the eyes of the common people was really effective emotionally.

Things D&D kinda forgot about (this episode):

- Cersei, the Red Keep has fallen in the past. To your father during Robert's Rebellion.

- Jaime, you did care about the common people in King's Landing when you killed Aerys.

you were very difficult - I moved you from Neutral at the last minute.

Based on that post I had you neutral - but other later posts were a lot more negative in tone. It was just a gut feel on you. If I have you wrong tell me definitively where you belong.

PS - and honestly you are an example where I would rather be wrong on the negative side. I really really wanted to avoid slotting anyone as positive unless they overtly said they loved it. Some neutrals were hard to tell too.
Seven Costanza
AG
I consider myself to be in the neutral zone, ZJS. I was very entertained, but feel like it's all kind of a rushed mess.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I consider myself to be in the neutral zone, ZJS. I was very entertained, but feel like it's all kind of a rushed mess.
fair enough i'll move you. it was based on your first post:

Quote:

It's a very different show than it was during the first few seasons, but I still really enjoyed it.

Teddy Perkins
AG
What bucket do you go in if you just post funny memes after the episode? Really though, after having a day to reflect and reading all the reviews, I'm in the middle bucket. I enjoyed the episode but there were definitely things I didn't care for (Dany killing innocents/going dark side and the Euron v. Jaime showdown). Sucks they do so many things great (cinematography, music, effects) and have developed such great characters in early seasons to just go out with the writing being so glaringly bad.
Seven Costanza
AG
Awesome. Got moved from one column to another on the Texags guy's research spreadsheet.
CoachRTM
AG
Add me to the "Loved it" list
suburban cowboy
AG
I loved the episode
wangus12
AG
You can move me to the neutral/rushed it zone. Almost all of my disappointment stems from the rushed feeling of the season. I'd've been happier if they'd made the last 2 seasons 10 episodes each to truly wrap it up. I'm fine with her going mad queen. Just wish it was executed better. I'll also admit that I wanted a happier ending and built that up over the last 2 years
BenFiasco14
AG
I'm neutral / in the middle about it. Liked some hated others
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

What bucket do you go in if you just post funny memes after the episode? Really though, after having a day to reflect and reading all the reviews, I'm in the middle bucket. I enjoyed the episode but there were definitely things I didn't care for (Dany killing innocents/going dark side and the Euron v. Jaime showdown). Sucks they do so many things great (cinematography, music, effects) and have developed such great characters in early seasons to just go out with the writing being so glaringly bad.

lol - like I said I just did not include those types - although I love their contributions always.

GinaLinetti
AG
I love it. Danny going scorched Earth made me happy as a lark.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

thanks for replies - any above I added/moved.

currently

Love it - 51
Hate it - 20
Other - 36

First Page Last Page
Page 347 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.