****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,691 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

Quote:

There has been nothing in the shows or the books which suggests Cersei is a genocidal maniac.
She's power-hungry, but even her lust for power is based entirely around her Lannister identity. Power is simply the means to obtain prestige and security for her and her Lannister brood.
You mean other than time she blew up a holy temple and killed everyone in it?

She also is a bigger ***** in the books and isn't faithful to Jamie at all. Book Cersei will be dead of the pox within the year. Doesn't she also basically rape one of her handmaidens? Though that does all pale next to the whole going full Al-Qaeda on the Sept.

Apparently I made up the Cersei maid rape scene. She just sleeps with her.
cbr
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

digital_ag said:

aTmAg said:

digital_ag said:

bangobango said:

By far the more hostile posts are from people defending the show.

100%

Lots of people running interference for D&D. This thread might as well be on the politics board.
Or, perhaps you are over generalizing. Apparently I am one of the ones "running interference for D&D" yet I have been criticizing them plenty.
Every 3 pages we get the same post: "You guys criticizing the show are just mad that what you expected to happen didn't happen."

I made a casual observation last night about Missandei grabbing Cersei and jumping off the gate. I think you were even the person that chimed in "ackshually that couldn't have happen you people will complain about anything".

The lack of self-awareness is pretty astounding.
Because if she was capable of doing that, Cersei wouldn't have gotten close to her in the first place. It's not that hard to understand. Cersei is not a dumbass.

At least try to make your criticisms have some merit.

You offer no proof of that except your opinion Cersei wouldn't get that close.... but the evidence does not support that.

I think she simply lacked the will to do that - too scared or maybe frozen in fear hoping for someone to save her - and she would have likely failed but I thought she might try it as well. It's not completely out left field. she isn't a warrior of course. I think it's easy to say she should have done it though - it was certain death - I would have.

We can see in these pics that

1. her wrists are shackled but her hands are free and her arms are not bound. She could have extended her arms for sure and grabbed with her hands.
2. her feet are not bound in any manner
3. Cersei is very much closer to her (from above you can see that) then anyone else and she could thus get to Cersei I think before anyone got to her (not that she could succeed in pulling her off necessarily but she could have reached her.
4. nobody has a weapon drawn until just before the execution - the Mountain is well behind her
5. Cersei moves just a turn and one step to reach Missandei - she was very close.

Here from above you can see how close she is

Here is her wrists shackled but no other restraint - this is also the angle of the shot when Cersei turns and takes one step before grabbing her arm. She was even closer then.

Here you can see no restraints on her legs - her entire body fell after alo indicating there was nothing binding her to the platform.

^HERE - she could have fallen to the platform and grabbed the flowing dress with lots of material and pulled as she slipped over the side hoping to pull her with her for example. they wouldn't even be able to get to her before she was close to going over.

When I saw those idiots in front of the door and the dragon cowering supposedly out of range, I thought 'what am I missing? This looks really dumb.'

When Tyrion walked up I thought 'no way he dies being such a dumbass'

When cersi didn't pincushion him (and the rest) I thought this is either going to have a big surprise or these writers are just stupid as ****'

Then When I saw cersi move up to her I thought 'holy **** that ***** dies in EP 4!, the rest is going to be interesting'.

Nope. They just blew it in every way on this one.
bangobango
AG
wannaggie said:

There has been nothing in the shows or the books which suggests Cersei is a genocidal maniac.
She's power-hungry, but even her lust for power is based entirely around her Lannister identity. Power is simply the means to obtain prestige and security for her and her Lannister brood.

Murders her unborn children b/c Robert's children. Murders her husband. Has incest sex with her twin brother. Condones her twin brother pushing small child out tower window. Raises psycho Joffrey who murders prostitutes with crossbows for fun. Repeatedly tries to murder her younger brother and now her twin brother/lover. Has all of Robert's ******* children rounded up and murdered. Frames Margery Tyrell and has her imprisoned. Murdered her eleven year old best friend when she was eleven. Blows up the sept, murdering thousands of innocent people so she could kill the High Septon and Margery. Poisons woman's daughter in front of her and leaves her chained to a wall to watch her die and decompose.

Yeah, not hint of being a maniac at all. I'm sure she would handle any dissent by her people with kid gloves.
cbr
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Nope. It was awesome.

Lol. Glad you liked it. I'll still be watching the rest of the way too.
Tobias Funke
AG
For the love of Drogon, can everyone please stop quote-replying these giant ass pictures?
bangobango
AG
aggietony2010 said:

bobinator said:

Quote:

You mean other than time she blew up a holy temple and killed everyone in it?

She also is a bigger ***** in the books and isn't faithful to Jamie at all. Book Cersei will be dead of the pox within the year. Doesn't she also basically rape one of her handmaidens? Though that does all pale next to the whole going full Al-Qaeda on the Sept.
Was telling wife the other day that book Cersei is a lot bigger ***** to Jaime than tv show Cersei. In book, it's obvious she does not feel for him like he feels for her, and that she just uses and manipulates him.
Tobias Funke
AG
CBR, you sound like an absolutely nightmare to watch these episodes with.
JJxvi
AG
Book Cersei murders one of her "friends" at age 10 or 11
cbr
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Lol, I don't talk during them, I just chimed in because people were ragging on anyone pointing out that this one was a letdown.

I think I'll go rewatch the missandre nude scenes in honor of her passing now.
bangobango
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bobinator said:

This zapruder film breakdown of whether she could have grabbed Cersei is kind of weird to me.
I think it's just weird to say it is impossible.

It's obviously possible. But

1. they didn't write it that way so the possibility was really irrelevant
2. she isn't a fighter so it was unlikely for her character i suppose

but not impossible.
I don't have a problem with that b/c most people do not do heroic, suicidal acts when faced with a situation like that. I mean, think of all the mass shootings, I think it is being a little too harsh to say that was a stupid scene b/c she could have committed suicide by grabbing Cersei and jumping. Not many people would have that courage to do something like that.
StringerBell
AG
well SURE when you put it like that....
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
cbr said:

Tobias Funke said:

Lol, I don't talk during them, I just chimed in because people were ragging on anyone pointing out that this one was a letdown.

I think I'll go rewatch the missandre nude scenes in honor of her passing now.

If I ragged on you, I didn't mean to. I do disagree with your opinion on this season though.
cbr
AG
bangobango said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

bobinator said:

This zapruder film breakdown of whether she could have grabbed Cersei is kind of weird to me.

but not impossible.
I don't have a problem with that b/c most people do not do heroic, suicidal acts when faced with a situation like that. I mean, think of all the mass shootings, I think it is being a little too harsh to say that was a stupid scene b/c she could have committed suicide by grabbing Cersei and jumping. Not many people would have that courage to do something like that.

True but she had to hear them say they were going to kill her immediately if danaris didn't surrender immediately. She knew danaris would not surrender. And frankly that danaris might do something dumb if she got mad enough. So she knew she was dead. Just seemed impossible that she would not take that ***** on a wall dive.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Simple solution to the people beetching about Dany and the dragons approaching the ships and just getting shot down is they coulda maybe at least made it very cloudy so that all of the sudden the dragons come out from above the clouds and there are Juron's arrows pointed right at them without expectation.
cbr
AG
It's a great show obviously, all in good fun. But I think the heavy traffic recently just shows it's wavering a bit. No matter how it ends it's been a great ride.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Exactly. A normal person is going to cling to whatever slight chance of survival that exists.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bangobango said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

bobinator said:

but not impossible.

yeah i have no problem with her not doing it - it was the condemnation of the idea being impossible because there is no way Cersei would get close enough. the only way she could have been closer is if she jumped on her back piggyback style.

and it wasn't who i replied to here it was someone else in the chain where i replied with the pics

HtownAg92
AG
cbr said:

bangobango said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

bobinator said:

but not impossible.

True but she had to hear them say they were going to kill her immediately if danaris didn't surrender immediately. She knew danaris would not surrender. And frankly that danaris might do something dumb if she got mad enough. So she knew she was dead. Just seemed impossible that she would not take that ***** on a wall dive.
She could have done it, even shackled.

How to Take Someone With You
El Chupacabra
Is the dead dragon gonna rise up via the Drowned God? What is dead may never die or whatever...

What kind of sorcery and silliness is coming in Ep 5?
wannaggie
Rex Racer said:

Lex said:

Arya crushed my dreams for her. I wanted her to kill Cersei then go back to Gendry. He likes her the way she is. All murdery and *****

I have a bad feeling. This is a guess, but... I think Arya is going to get the drop on Cersei, but then realize Cersei is pregnant, and hesitate just long enough to get herself killed.
Avoiding that specific kind of hesitance with a mission was the exact lesson the Faceless Men taught her with her first assassination target.
digital_ag
AG
Yeah, I definitely didn't expect that to be Cersei's end, it was just a plausible observation in the moment.

Some person was adamant about it being impossible for reasons unknown.
DannyDuberstein
AG
You just picture another Joffrey in that belly and then you go all Lothar Frey on her with an ice pick.
213 Grove
AG
cbr said:

bangobango said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

bobinator said:

but not impossible.

Whether or not Cersei should have killed everyone as they showed up is a diffferent debate. But I took missandei not pushing Cersei off as her fear that if she did, then Cersei's army would for sure attack that moment and kill them all. And Missandei didn't want that to happen.
InternetFan02
AG
How long does it take to travel the King's road? Is negotiating passage through the Twins still a thing? Do the Lannisters still control the twins even if the Freys are gone? Jon and Davos just gonna show up in King's landing or do they get bogged down for 2 seasons like Robb?

Unanswerable questions.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
InternetFan02 said:

How long does it take to travel the King's road? Is negotiating passage through the Twins still a thing? Do the Lannisters still control the twins even if the Freys are gone? Jon and Davos just gonna show up in King's landing or do they get bogged down for 2 seasons like Robb?

Unanswerable questions.

Well it used to take a long time. But little known fact they recently put in a transit rail system throughout Westeros speeding things up tremendously.

Now it takes a few hours at most to from WF to KL... the station is a few miles by horseback but then it's a quick zip to KL and a bunch of connections around Westeros.

It's only for passengers and a few horses though - armies have to march.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
InternetFan02 said:

Unanswerable questions.

Pretty sure they mention that the Lannister's has taken over Riverrun with the Frey's gone, so I assume that the Twins would be owned by them as well.
Trillary Clinton
Jon killing Dani is almost a lock on Bovada betting odds
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Champ Bailey said:

InternetFan02 said:

Unanswerable questions.

Pretty sure they mention that the Lannister's has taken over Riverrun with the Frey's gone, so I assume that the Twins would be owned by them as well.

In all seriousness though.... the KR does not go through the Twins.

Robb was trying to go from Greywater Watch straight down through the Twins and then to Riverrun. At the time the river was flooding so other crossings were impossible - the only viable one was at the Twins.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Thanks, I forgot.
wangus12
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
As should you - I had no clue for example or sp tags
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wish people who have read leaks would just not post.
StringerBell
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
if that part of the plot had leaked, wouldn't they pull the bet?
InternetFan02
AG
Ok good I always thought you had to pass through the twins on the Kings road. I missed that. It always bothered me how only Robb seemed to have trouble getting through the twins.
First Page Last Page
Page 271 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.