****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,334 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Robert C. Christian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dmart90
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Champ Bailey said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Ghost91 said:

Why all the physics analysis about the freaking spear gun? Obviously, the story is that while on the way to King's Landing, the good guys were ambushed and a dragon got knocked out of the sky. I don't understand the obsessing over whether the ships would have been seen, or how the angle of Spear #1 was not tangential to the angle of Spear #2 minus the hypotenuse, or how the ropes and pulleys behind the bad guys should have cast a shadow directly onto the crosshairs of the scope that Euron was using at that time of day, etc.

They were ambushed on their way and a dragon died. Jesus.
It matters because it was complete bull**** Every fantasy element of this show is introduced and then later explained. Dragons being a thing explained. The Night King and the white walkers were introduced and explained. When the parts that are supposed to be realistic are bull****, it stands out in a bad way.

How do the faceless men work?
Magic from the "many faced god." Just like Beric can be resurrected by magic from "God of Light." Those are both introduced and explained.

A giant arrow flying through the air is supposed to be a realistic element instead of a fantasy element.

The whole show is a f/cking fantasy!
Joseph Parrish
AG
dmart90 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Champ Bailey said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Ghost91 said:

Why all the physics analysis about the freaking spear gun? Obviously, the story is that while on the way to King's Landing, the good guys were ambushed and a dragon got knocked out of the sky. I don't understand the obsessing over whether the ships would have been seen, or how the angle of Spear #1 was not tangential to the angle of Spear #2 minus the hypotenuse, or how the ropes and pulleys behind the bad guys should have cast a shadow directly onto the crosshairs of the scope that Euron was using at that time of day, etc.

They were ambushed on their way and a dragon died. Jesus.
It matters because it was complete bull**** Every fantasy element of this show is introduced and then later explained. Dragons being a thing explained. The Night King and the white walkers were introduced and explained. When the parts that are supposed to be realistic are bull****, it stands out in a bad way.

How do the faceless men work?
Magic from the "many faced god." Just like Beric can be resurrected by magic from "God of Light." Those are both introduced and explained.

A giant arrow flying through the air is supposed to be a realistic element instead of a fantasy element.

The whole show is a f/cking fantasy!
Arrows flying in the air is not fantasy. Sorry bud.
Broba Fett
All the complainers...

Me...
bearamedic99
AG
aTmAg said:

G Martin 87 said:

Urban Ag said:

aggietony2010 said:

Urban Ag said:

Dude, I have read every book at least twice, a couple three times, and seen every episode at least twice.

The book and the series have always been about the Game of Thrones. Always. 90% GOT, 10% The WW/Prophecy/etc. Dany's entire arc has always been to take the Iron Throne. The NK was a quick detour.

If you don't like it, that's fine. I don't think it has been done perfectly either. But the show writers simply can't replicate GRRM's mind. They can't.

Get over it. Last night was pure awesome.

Hell, even GRRM himself apparently can't replicate the mind that wrote the books, otherwise we'd have another 2 books, and quality source material for the show writers to take from

Does anyone really think HBO and their team thought they'd be finishing a story that hasn't seen new source material since season 1?
When this show was greenlighted in 2009 or 2010 and GRRM could state affirmatively that ADWD was soon to be published, I don't think for a second that HBO didn't think the books wouldn't get finished before the series did. At least TWOW.

Regardless, last night was classic GOT. Two deaths out of left field. Betrayal brewing. Two hearts broken. Total chaos. It was great.
When the TV show began, it seemed like all the pressure was on GRRM to finish the book series before the TV show caught up. Now that's flipped. I get the strong impression that Dan and Dave succumbed to pressure from HBO to finish the story before GRRM could.
They have to finish he show before Maisie Williams dies of old age.

Whovians know this isn't a problem
Urban Ag
AG
El Chupacabra said:

Is the dead dragon gonna rise up via the Drowned God? What is dead may never die or whatever...

What kind of sorcery and silliness is coming in Ep 5?
Not that
jtstanley4621
AG
So I think I need to go through and rewatch the last episode, but what's the timing of Jamie leaving? Is that before the Missandei death? In my head it is. Where is Jamie during that scene? Are we to assume he's on his way to Cersei?
Urban Ag
AG
I stated many times that many of the criticisms of the last couple seasons are legitimate, probably overblown and often too vitriolic, but mostly legitimate.

Bu I really don't think the dragon getting taken down by the ship mounted scorpions is bad writing.

It was a gut punch no one saw coming and tied in to a second shot to the rocks when sweet little Missandei get executed ten minutes later. That's classic GOT.

The actual event isn't too far fetched. Qyburn obviously learned some lessons from The Reach. Build bigger scorpions and build a bunch of them. Get the ships tucked away in a cove with a cliff at their backs in a flight corridor that may seem an obvious choice for Dany to enter the area. Also, the sea was relatively calm and I don't think that either the dragon's elevation nor the distance was nearly as high or far as others have opined. Certainly not 9000' out as someone else stated. Maybe 1500' out and 300-400' up.

But there are three other specific, important, outcomes here that effectively drives finishing out this story. It highlights that Dany is still woefully inept at war and still way overconfident. It throws another wrench in the works in her ability to actually take KL in a straight up fight. It causes her immense anger that may (or may not) push her to make another horrible decision that is her ultimate undoing.

Differing opinions, I liked it.
Txgunrnnr
AG
So, now that we've all seen the Starbucks cup, did anyone else notice that Ghost was missing his right ear?
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
Urban Ag
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

So, now that we've all seen the Starbucks cup, did anyone else notice that Ghost was missing his right ear?
My wife did. I didn't. She said that tonight while we were making dinner. Hey babe, did you notice the wolf was missing an ear. lol no.
StringerBell
AG
I thought the conversation between Tyrion and quburn was well done.
Olsen
AG
Urban Ag
AG
Urban Ag said:

El Chupacabra said:

Is the dead dragon gonna rise up via the Drowned God? What is dead may never die or whatever...

Not that
Hilarious.

There was a star on my post ten minutes ago.

Someone remembered I must have pissed them off today and pulled the star. LMAO. This is how silly this has become.
Bregxit
AG
Urban Ag said:

Urban Ag said:

El Chupacabra said:

Not that
Hilarious.

There was a star on my post ten minutes ago.

Someone remembered I must have pissed them off today and pulled the star. LMAO. This is how silly this has become.

That was me...I accidentally starred it when I was doing something else. Do you need it back?
Eliminatus
AG
Urban Ag said:

Dude, I have read every book at least twice, a couple three times, and seen every episode at least twice.

The book and the series have always been about the Game of Thrones. Always. 90% GOT, 10% The WW/Prophecy/etc. Dany's entire arc has always been to take the Iron Throne. The NK was a quick detour.

If you don't like it, that's fine. I don't think it has been done perfectly either. But the show writers simply can't replicate GRRM's mind. They can't.

See? This is what I love about fiction and people in general.

Show two people a red balloon and one will claim it is blue and other will say it is orange. Dead convinced all around.

I have just as much experience both written and film in this universe (maybe a bit more even) as you do and this entire thing, and most especially the show, has been oriented around the upcoming showdown of the dead vs the living. (Aside for book four of course)

"There is only the Great War. And it is already here." has been building from scene one, season one. Sorry, the NK was pretty obviously billed as the main story arc to me. Agree to disagree I guess.

Funny how two people can watch/read the same thing and come to two vastly different opinions. I honestly love it. This is what makes these conversations so fun and interesting.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Eliminatus said:

Urban Ag said:

See? This is what I love about fiction and people in general.

Show two people a red balloon and one will claim it is blue and other will say it is orange. Dead convinced all around.

I have just as much experience both written and film in this universe (maybe a bit more even) as you do and this entire thing, and most especially the show, has been oriented around the upcoming showdown of the dead vs the living. (Aside for book four of course)

"There is only the Great War. And it is already here." has been building from scene one, season one. Sorry, the NK was pretty obviously billed as the main story arc to me. Agree to disagree I guess.

Funny how two people can watch/read the same thing and come to two vastly different opinions. I honestly love it. This is what makes these conversations so fun and interesting.

I mean only the Starks believed that - and only because of Jon's firsthand experience and Bron's visions.

They had to convince the rest of the world - even the rest of the North - to join that fight. Jon had to convince Dany too and then they tried to convince Cersei et al. In the end only major Houses Stark and Arryn participated and some of the northern houses but not all. The rest were loaners from Essos and north of the wall (should have seen more of them dying in retrospect).

I never thought the NK and WW/dead was the ultimate battle - the title Game of THRONES seemed to be the main story arc to me - and the NK/dead was going to be a significant element where whoever survived that was still in the game to possibly claim the Iron Throne. but it wasn't the main thing - and the fact that it was Ep. 3 spoke to that as well.

I did expect more from the BOW in main character deaths - i thought one or more of Jon, Dany, Tyrion would be dead by now and more of the sidekicks too. I thought all the dragons would be dead coming out of that battle.

Always been a human story to me.
annie88
AG
redline248 said:

Again, this is one of those scenes in which they intentionally left it open to interpretation...or they bungled it badly. In my watch, it looked clear to me that he was going back to try to protect Cersei. I'm open to the possibility I took that the wrong way, but he was a complete dick to Brienne. If he was going to help take out Cersei, he could have been all "I can't let her win." Instead he said I've done a lot of terrible things FOR her, and I'm going to do something else terrible for her.
Nope. He's going to kill Cersei. Hands down.
213 Grove
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BxI3eq9AEA-

10/10 Would watch
M.C. Swag
AG
So at this point we're all hoping there's going to be an Arya/Hound tag team fight with the Mountain, right? I
M.C. Swag
AG
annie88 said:

redline248 said:

Again, this is one of those scenes in which they intentionally left it open to interpretation...or they bungled it badly. In my watch, it looked clear to me that he was going back to try to protect Cersei. I'm open to the possibility I took that the wrong way, but he was a complete dick to Brienne. If he was going to help take out Cersei, he could have been all "I can't let her win." Instead he said I've done a lot of terrible things FOR her, and I'm going to do something else terrible for her.
He technically is already hand down.
Trident 88
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

So I think I need to go through and rewatch the last episode, but what's the timing of Jamie leaving? Is that before the Missandei death? In my head it is. Where is Jamie during that scene? Are we to assume he's on his way to Cersei?
Jaime left Winterfell after Missandei was captured but before she was put to death.
Claude!
annie88 said:

redline248 said:

Hand down.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

Hmmmmmm.

He was going to stay in the north. At that point he believed they were going down with an army, dragons and a plan to kill her. He had no intention of leaving at that point. And in fact he knew he had sent an assassin for him - Bronn. So he was fine with her dying.

What changed his mind???? It was the report that Euron had destroyed their fleet, killed a dragon and captured Missandei. Basically that report meant Cersei hd a better chance of winning.

He mulled on it a while and decided to go before Brienne appealed to him to stay because he was a good man and not like Cersei. His response was to her about being a good man - he listed off many bad things he did for Cersei. That wasn't his justification for going though - that was just to make a clean break with Brienne.

He says she is hateful.... and so am I.

That can be taken many ways. you could take that as Cersei is going to win and I am going to rejoin her (the things I do for love). Or you can take that as.....she is hateful and has to be stopped and I can do it. His statement that he too is hateful could mean he is hateful and directed toward Cersei. He never said he did those things because of hate he said he did them for Cersei and she was hateful.

Well anyway it's intentionally ambiguous - so I can see it both ways. But I always believed he would be the one to kill her. He may even look like he is joining her but I still think he kills her in the end.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
mm98
AG
Quote:

I never thought the NK and WW/dead was the ultimate battle - the title Game of THRONES seemed to be the main story arc to me - and the NK/dead was going to be a significant element where whoever survived that was still in the game to possibly claim the Iron Throne. but it wasn't the main thing - and the fact that it was Ep. 3 spoke to that as well.

Always been a human story to me.

I've felt this way for a long time too. It always seemed like a strong side story but the politics of the 7 kingdoms always interested me the most.

Liquid Wrench

Quote:

you could take that as Cersei is going to win and I am going to rejoin her (the things I do for love).
I've seen other people suggest this, but no way.

Not after Bronn. Not after Jaime's last scene w/ Cersei that people have apparently forgotten.
annie88
AG
If Cersei doesn't die a violent, painful death, I'll be disappointed.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
bangobango
AG
So if Jaime kills Cersei are all the people who defended Arya killing the NK by saying it would be too predictable for Jon to do it going to now say the show was too predictable for letting Jaime do it?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are we buying into the valonqar prophecy? Kind of narrows the choices if so.
BBQ4Me
AG
So how will he do it? I'm guessing he pushes her out a window ala Brandon Stark
M.C. Swag
AG
Jamie or Arya make the most thematic sense. Tyrion certainly has a hat in the ring. After them I could see Dany and Greyworm also trying to get to the front of the line. Basically, there's a pretty long list of suitors for the deed.
FIDO95
AG
213 Grove said:

https://instagr.am/p/BxI3eq9AEA-

10/10 Would watch

Unbelievable!!! They want us to believe Ghost can regrow his ear?! Lazy writing. Incompetent editors.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Jamie or Arya make the most thematic sense. Tyrion certainly has a hat in the ring. After them I could see Dany and Greyworm also trying to get to the front of the line. Basically, there's a pretty long list of suitors for the deed.
Tormund subverts expectations and will be the one to do it.
First Page Last Page
Page 272 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.