Fyre Fest debacle

111,524 Views | 586 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by West Point Aggie
The Lost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big Al 1992 said:

nashvilleaggie11 said:

I am actually somewhat involved in a project right now that Andy King (gay older guy) is a part of...had NO idea he was involved in this mess... Really interesting stuff...

Well based on his interview you know what he's willing to do to get the project done.
After watching this, this was the craziest part of the whole thing to me. At this point the titanic had already hit the ice berg and was sinking. Blows my mind someone could be so invested to legit want to do this.

I don't get how so many people followed billy. The only real winners were the people who got fired quickly.
Ag Since 83
AG
The Lost said:

Blows my mind

Pun intended?
WES2006AG
AG
The Lost said:

Big Al 1992 said:

nashvilleaggie11 said:

I am actually somewhat involved in a project right now that Andy King (gay older guy) is a part of...had NO idea he was involved in this mess... Really interesting stuff...

Well based on his interview you know what he's willing to do to get the project done.
After watching this, this was the craziest part of the whole thing to me. At this point the titanic had already hit the ice berg and was sinking. Blows my mind someone could be so invested to legit want to do this.

I don't get how so many people followed billy. The only real winners were the people who got fired quickly.
Hipster David Koresh. These people saw the promised land of Instagram models, cocaine, and private jets from there they couldn't help but follow.
Wow. How awesome would the Koresh saga have been if he'd had access to instagram models, cocaine and private jets?
expresswrittenconsent
4133 said:

Wow. How awesome would the Koresh saga have been if he'd had access to instagram models, cocaine and private jets?

Does it still end with them all dying in a fire?
Bunk Moreland
M.C. Swag said:

blindey said:

AggieSouth06 said:

Venmo me.

From the second page of the thread. After watching the Netflix and Hulu documentaries, it turns out this is barely satire.
We could call it 'Bonfyre'

"Really, really, really, really, really, really really, big Bonfyre"
Robert C. Christian
AG
I can almost get why he would think that. They're about to "put on" a festival with no food, no shelter, no music, and now the water is held up in customs and he is being told he js the one person who can get the water. Food/shelter/music is not a necessity at that point, water is.
trueaggie2782
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

I can almost get why he would think that. They're about to "put on" a festival with no food, no shelter, no music, and now the water is held up in customs and he is being told he js the one person who can get the water. Food/shelter/music is not a necessity at that point, water is.

That was my take on it as well. Disturbing as it sounds, he was about to go to any length to ensure the people at least had water.
Diggity
AG
I just don't get why he would admit to that in the documentary.
Bunk Moreland
Diggity said:

I just don't get why he would admit to that in the documentary.

Probably became a running joke anyway among people close to him and other circles that heard and it also helped provide context to just how far out in left field this project was compared to anything else he worked on. And he's gay, so it isn't like a straight man admitting he was going to blow a dude.
Diggity
AG
Guess so. Nothing I would put out there to the world, but to each their own.

I was also curious as to how the Billy got the idea that the customs guy was going to release the water if someone sucked him off. All very strange.
The Collective
AG
Maybe the customs guys told him to blow me when he found out the payoff wasn't happening, and Billy took him literally.
The Collective
AG
The part I can't imagine is how poorly prepared the attendees must have been out there in tent city. Bahamas, especially the out islands, ****ing suck after a rain... i imagine the damn sand fleas were on the war path.
Bunk Moreland
CJS4715 said:

The part I can't imagine is how poorly prepared the attendees must have been out there in tent city. Bahamas, especially the out islands, ****ing suck after a rain... i imagine the damn sand fleas were on the war path.

That's what the cruise ship idea guy said...he went and camped out on just a random night and said it was awful.
Diggity
AG
cruise ship guy was my favorite character. Taught himself stunt flying on Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Objective Aggie
AG
Diggity said:

cruise ship guy was my favorite character. Taught himself stunt flying on Microsoft Flight Simulator.
forgot about that.

That was hilarious.
Redstone
AG
[It was funny the first time but the red flags are telling us that the other posters think this joke as run its course. -Staff]

Sex Panther
AG
Diggity said:

I was also curious as to how the Billy got the idea that the customs guy was going to release the water if someone sucked him off. All very strange.

I kept cracking up at this. Was the customs agent gay or something? Did Billy just assume he would accept a blow job from an older dude? I'm assuming the customs agent had no idea about this story whatsoever

I keep imagining him watching the doc the first night it was released and his eyes getting wide as can be when it comes to that part... then all of his buddies texting him like crazy. I'd make so much fun of my friend if that were the case.
nashvilleaggie11
He participated because they probably paid him close to 100k!
Liquid Wrench
Billy is probably one of those bisexual cokeheads who thinks it's only gay if you're the one performing the act, so of course the customs agent would accept the offer. And you're already gay, no big deal for you, right?"
chipotle
_lefraud_ said:

I just skimmed through this thread just to find this.
Bird Poo
AG
The Lost said:

Big Al 1992 said:

nashvilleaggie11 said:

This is what happens when you become degenerate. I'm not surprised.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Redstone said:

[It was funny the first time but the red flags are telling us that the other posters think this poster has run its course. -Staff]

FIFY
Stupe
S
And now the models and their agencies from the production video are getting subpoenas.
91_Aggie
AG
Stupe said:

And now the models and their agencies from the production video are getting subpoenas.

Suing a guy in jail with no money isnt profitable. Suing models and their agencies, now that has potential for payoff.

Bird Poo
AG
Stupe said:

Lay down with dogs, you're bound to get fleas.

Is J-Rule, or whatever, next?
Stupe
S
91_Aggie said:

Stupe said:

Suing a guy in jail with no money isnt profitable. Suing models and their agencies, now that has potential for payoff.

Stupe
S
OneNightW said:

Stupe said:

Lay down with dogs, you're bound to get fleas.

Is J-Rule, or whatever, next?
Lay down with some of those women and you'll get more than fleas.
double aught
AG
I'd roll the dice.
Diggity
AG
no kidding. He's forgotten the art of subtlety.
Stupe
S
That's one die and there are five Mr. Yucks and one smiley face.
double aught
AG
Feeling lucky!
Stupe
Stupe
S
I got nuthin....
Duncan Idaho
Stolen from Reddit

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.