Peeps vs the juice

71,424 Views | 597 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jimmy McNulty
Franklin Delano Bluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Is there going to be a bunch of crying about how much Johnnie Cochran's daughters got featured tonight? They have nothing to do with the story, etc etc etc.

Was either daughter's name used? Sure weren't ....

Therefore it isn't a shameless name drop
Bunk Moreland
Why'd you even take that low hanging fruit? That entire scene was all about Johnny and race. Anyone with a brain, and 20ag07 knows this, understands that was completely different from how the Kardashian kids have been utilized.
TexasAggie008
AG
Kardashians haven't been in two episodes in a row

Hopefully there is no more crying now
TexasAggie008
AG
Oh and great episode tonight , kardashians or not
Olsen
AG
I wonder who was cast for the role of Bruce Jenner on this show.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Bc I love low hanging fruit
mazzag
AG
quote:
What on earth was the point of the field trip?

Why would prosecution think this is a good idea?

If I remember right, it was to enforce their timeline and prove oj could have gone to Nicole's, killed them both, and drive back home in a 20 minute window. The defense destroyed their timeline and put a lot of doubt that he could have done that so quickly.
My ex and I moved to LA in '97. His boss took us on a "tour of the stars" and Nicole's condo to OJ's house was part of it. My jaw dropped at how easy it was to drive from one home to the other. Any doubt I had that OJ was guilty from watching this circus on live TV evaporated.
mazzag
AG
And since I started reading the book, it's another example of Marcia's mistakes, and a quick way for the Mini series to point that out without making this 20 episodes.
Gig-Em2003
AG
How in the heck did the defense team not only get unsupervised access to those homes but also completely change their appearance?
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
I'm not quite sure why everyone hates the Kardashian kids in this show. The OJ chase/trial was a phenomen of American Celebrity.

The Kardashians are both the most obvious current representation of American Celebrity and a direct result of the OJ phenomen.
agracer
AG
quote:
How in the heck did the defense team not only get unsupervised access to those homes but also completely change their appearance?
I wondered that as well. How did that happen but Nicole's house was EMPTY!
Ag Since 83
AG
I finished the book a few days ago - I'm really looking forward to seeing how the rest of the episodes portray the circus that was the trial. Good to see Clark's overconfidence and disconnection from reality when it comes to racial issues on display
Joan Wilder
AG
I've wondered for years how the defense scrubbing of OJ's house wasn't considered tampering with evidence. Why on earth was OJ allowed on that tour with the jurors?

The thing that bothered me about Nicole's house being cleaned like that was it completely sanitized the brutality of the crime. Obviously the crime scene had to be cleaned but it just took all Nicole's humanity from her. The area where Goldman was murdered was really small from what it sounds like - he was just cornered.

You can see how blinded by OJ's celebrity the jury was too.

Ag_07
AG
Great episode last night.

Not sure if it played out that way in real life, but Marcia Clark is just coming off as over-matched. Johnny and his team are always one step ahead and she's getting worked.

From the jury selection, to the house staging, to the press conferences, and to the racial issues overall Johnny was on his game.

And it was interesting to see Garcetti get on Darden about no press, meanwhile Johnny is constantly in front of the camera. Thought that was a very nice addition and well done.
Ag_07
AG
Were there motions or filings by the prosecution to not allow the tour or raise issues with the tampering or did they think it was a good idea and went with it?

That's one aspect of this show that is bothering me a bit is the lack of out of courtroom insight. We see them discussing a bit in their conference rooms, but major events (like the tour) just all of a sudden kind of happen and it's unclear how they got to that point.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I was just flabbergasted; not by the juror's tour....but by the fact that the judge, the prosecution, the defense AND OJ were all allowed to wander the place AT THE SAME TIME! Jesus, let the jurors take the tour alone.

"...on loan from the Cochran Collection." If Vance doesn't get an Emmy nod for this, it'll be a bigger injustice than the verdict .
wheelsoff
After a successful football career..countless endorsements..millions of fans who adored him..It's hard to believe Rod Tidwell would be capable of such a horrible crime...
Joan Wilder
AG
Clark was outmatched and out resourced, especially after her co-lead had the heart attack. She was utterly convinced the blood evidence and history of violence alone would convict - not calling the witness who saw OJ drive away from Bundy, not using the Bronco chase, not listening to the jury consultant...

Cochran owned so much real estate in Darden's head it's unreal. The "n**, please" under his breath to Darden was just a phenomenal slam
agracer
AG
quote:
Clark was outmatched and out resourced, especially after her co-lead had the heart attack. She was utterly convinced the blood evidence and history of violence alone would convict - not calling the witness who saw OJ drive away from Bundy, not using the Bronco chase, not listening to the jury consultant...

Cochran owned so much real estate in Darden's head it's unreal. The "n**, please" under his breath to Darden was just a phenomenal slam
especially after the opening scene when he told his daughters to NEVER, EVER use that word.....
mavsfan4ever
AG
I miss the last ten minutes of the show each week. For some reason my DVR cuts off at 1:04, even though it says the show lasts 1:15.
mslags97
AG
quote:
quote:

especially after the opening scene when he told his daughters to NEVER, EVER use that word.....

The blood evidence alone SHOULD have been enough. I don't care how rascict Furman was/is.

But a good prosecutor never leaves evidence off the table. And no way on earth would I have ever called Furman IF they had the history the show is showing. Bad mistakes by the State all the way around
Joan Wilder
AG
According to Toobin's book it was all in Furman's personnel file, which the defense had. The prosecution should have had it as well - that and they shouldn't have positioned him so hard as a "good cop" at the beginning of direct examination. Made it too easy to discredit him.
Kellso
quote:
You are innocent until proven guilty. If you are OJ It would not be that hard to let your attorney have access to your house while you are in a trial.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:
I miss the last ten minutes of the show each week. For some reason my DVR cuts off at 1:04, even though it says the show lasts 1:15.
DirecTV? Mine does that as well
Bunk Moreland
odd. My DirecTV always records at least a minute past the ending run time of any show, no matter how "off" the top and bottom of the hour a show may run.
mazzag
AG
Mine dtv records it fine too.
MASAXET
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I thought the acting was terrible and the writing was forced, as well. Not to mention that they completed ****ed up the police phone call to OJ to let him know Nicole was dead.

quote:
But then they blew one of the greatest lines in the show. Detective Ron Phillips, wonderful guy, he was the one who called to notify Simpson in Chicago. What he actually told Simpson was, "Your wife is dead." And Simpson's response was, "Who killed her?" Wait a minute, how about a car accident? How about an overdose? [Ed. note: In the FX series, Detective Tom Lange calls Simpson at his Chicago hotel and says, "I have some bad news. Your ex-wife Nicole Simpson has been killed," and later notes to his partner that Simpson didn't ask how she died.]
Marcia Clark interview
I'm just now starting this thread because I'm just now starting to watch the series (I wanted to finish Toobin's book first), so this may have been addressed already.* But remembering from the book, which was pretty detailed and in depth, the show's version is much more accurate than what Clark said in her interview. I don't recall OJ asking who killed her, but he did conspicuously fail to ask how she died, which raised eyebrows.

* I am now committing a sin that I hate when others do it. Posting on a thread and not keeping up with it in real time. Figured I'd mention it though while it was on my mind.
mavsfan4ever
AG
quote:
quote:
DirecTV? Mine does that as well
Yea DirecTV. I don't have this problem with any other shows. And the show is shown as 1:15 on my DVR list, but it just stops after 1:04 each week and then asks if I want to delete it. At first I thought it was just a mistake and turned off my DirecTV box and turned it back on, but that didn't fix anything.

I just noticed this happening the past two weeks. I think the early episodes recorded fine.
Joan Wilder
AG
FX shows are often odd lengths. Fargo episodes were never the same length from week to week. The network is ok with show runners making episodes as long as they need to be, which is actually pretty cool - but frustrating
for recording. My DirectTV Tivo picks it up ok but I often add time to my season passes for this.
Ice99
AG
I have Direct TV also and it says the recording is 1:15 but cuts off after 1:04. Really annoying. And I never had the problem with Fargo and all the weird episode lengths it had.
mazzag
AG
I recently read that part in the book. I'll go with the writers version, not Marcia's.
95_Aggie
AG
http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/04/oj-simpson-knife-found-murders-nicole-brown/#ixzz41wOq5mu2
TajMaballer
AG
TexAgBolter
AG
Just realized this is the guy playing Cochran:

mazzag
AG
Back to back and commercial free on FX right now. Gotta take advantage of the recent developments.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.