2016 Concerts Who You Seeing

47,259 Views | 520 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jorgerr96
CBattBQ87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's why the wife and I go every year.
MooreTrucker
AG
Aw, if only I'd known, we would have tried to find you...unless we did and just don't know it. I did meet some Ags as we were wandering around.
spadilly
S
Hitting my 10th Buffett show this Saturday in the woodlands.

Frisco is the biggest party scene/tailgate I've ever seen on Buffett's tour. It's insane.
I always tell people "Frisco for the party, Houston for the concert."
Muy
AG
quote:
Just got back from seeing Jimmy Buffett/Jerry Jeff Walker in Frisco. The concert was great, and the people-watching/partying before was incredible! Definitely going to turn that into an annual event!

We live about 3 miles from there and it's a massive party for everyone up here. Glad you enjoyed it, the venue and location are perfect.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
Just got back from seeing Jimmy Buffett/Jerry Jeff Walker in Frisco. The concert was great, and the people-watching/partying before was incredible! Definitely going to turn that into an annual event!

We live about 3 miles from there and it's a massive party for everyone up here. Glad you enjoyed it, the venue and location are perfect.
There were easily 100K people for a 20K stadium. So LOTS of partying. Are the ones that go for the party able to hear the concert well outside the stadium?
Muy
AG
Well enough, but since most start partying that morning, they can barely hear what anyone's saying by the time the concert starts. The best place to hear the music is on the South side, so folks grab tables at the restaurants across the street to listen. Typically when anyone says "we're going to Buffett", they are just going to the parking lot parties.
MooreTrucker
AG
I can see that. The parking lot parties were a blast, and we barely scratched the surface of all that was out there.
spadilly
S
Also, every show is streamed live on radiomargaritaville.com, so that helps a good portion of the tailgaters.
MooreTrucker
AG
I did hear it on SirusXM's Margaritaville that night.
FbgTxAg
AG
Got to see Scorpions/Queensryche in Vegas at The Joint a few weeks ago.

Both singers (yes, even Klaus) still hit every single note. Every one.

Friggin smile on my face ear to ear the whole time. Scorpions were big time in my High School years.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Klaus is amazing. He uses very few effects on his vocals even in his late 60's.
CBattBQ87
AG
I didn't wander about near as much as I did in years past. I must be getting old.

My wife and I describe the Frisco Jimmy Buffett experience as College Football Tailgating Meets Mardi Gras.

To answer the question about being able to hear the concert...not really unless you are south of the stadium across the street. However, Radio Margaritaville plays all the shows live, so you can sit at your tailgate, drink cheaper booze, and listen to the concert.
petey88

On Sunday bought Alice Cooper at The Moody Theater in Austin. Great venue, will be my seventh show there. Saw Alice there last year,...it was filmed and now occasionally shows on AXS TV.
Wicked Good Ag
quote:

Friggin smile on my face ear to ear the whole time. Scorpions were big time in my High School years.

Mine too, Based upon your post I am going to look up their tour schedule.

Edit sadly they are done in North America for the year...memories of LH in the mid 80's come to mind
Muy
AG
Went to the KTX Summer Cut last night at the South Side Ballroom, just to see the Wildfeathers and take my older son. They were fantastic as usual. They weren't the headliner, it was Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Left for Whataburger after their first song.
Orozco05
Saw Mumford & Sons in April in the Woodlands.
Will check out Turnpike Troubadors in July, and will get to see Explosions in the Sky for the first time in August.
ellebee
Slipknot and Marilyn Manson got postponed due to Corey Taylor having back surgery. That was the one I was looking forward to the most.
goadius6
AG
anyone make it to Free Press Summer Fest? I had a blast even with the weird weather, this was my first time at this fest and with all the negative things I had heard about last year being NRG I was very surprised at how great it was. Some of my faves in no particular order
The National
Modest Mouse
Big Gigantic
Lewis Del Mar
Wild Child
Zed's Dead
X Ambassadors
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
**** Yea...

New imgur app is giving me ****
Know Your Enemy
AG
Looks like I can add Alice In Chains on 9/23 and Prophets of Rage on 9/25.
TP Ag '87
AG
Might catch Zebra this Saturday. Now THAT's a throw WAY back,....
Tursiops93
AG
quote:

Can't get myself to see Queensryche anymore. No Geoff Tate ruins it for me.
Tursiops93
AG
Kevin Fowler/Randy Rogers - June 11, 2016
Kevin Fowler - August 6, 2016
Garth Brooks (Wife's Bday Present) - 7/23/16
CoppellAg93
AG
4/19 - Duran Duran - AAC
7/12 - Reba/Brooks & Dunn (Las Vegas)
8/13 - Lonestar - Billy Bob's
TP Ag '87
AG
Saw Queensryche <2 years ago and GT was singing. And was spot on.
Tursiops93
AG
quote:
Saw Queensryche <2 years ago and GT was singing. And was spot on.
I'm jealous then. You saw one of his last shows with them.
Hank Mardukas
AG
Lettuce at Red Rocks on Friday. Funky.
goadius6
AG
anyone going to Lockn Festival? I'm very interested in going but just seems like such a giant pain in the a$$ to get to.
SACR
AG
quote:
GF, 16YO, her friends, and a group of parents all went to do the parking lot parties

They all came back tanned and happy.
SACR
AG

Saw Courtney Patton and Matt Hillyer in Grapevine last night

Jason Eady showed up, and played a duet with Courtney to give Matt a break

ellebee
Just got Alice in chains in September. Don't really listen to them anymore but have never seen them and figured what the hell.
Know Your Enemy
AG
They're great live. Which show are you going to?
ellebee
Acl live at moody theater. Is Jerry Cantrell still the singer?
Know Your Enemy
AG
He sings some but he is their guitarist. Layne Staley was the lead singer. The "new" guy is William DuVall. He has an incredible voice. He does the songs justice without trying to imitate Layne.
ellebee
Yeah I remember layne. I was pretty bummed when he died. For some reason I thought Cantrell replaced him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.