2016 Concerts Who You Seeing

47,269 Views | 520 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jorgerr96
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ACL next weekend
Natasha Romanoff
Lumineers next weekend then Kaleo in November
Know Your Enemy
AG
Prophets of Rage tonight!
SbisaVictim95
AG
Saw Sevendust at Click's in Tyler on Friday night. Another great time. Also enjoyed Wilson and Crobot opening... though probably more impressed with Wilson.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Saw Sevendust at Click's in Tyler on Friday night. Another great time. Also enjoyed Wilson and Crobot opening... though probably more impressed with Wilson.

I ****ing love Crobot. Drive out to Tyler a month or so ago just to see them at the same place.
512Ag
AG
Saw Alabama Shakes last night at The Woodlands Pavilion. Great show.
Griffle
Ray Lamontagne last night at Southside Ballroom in Dallas.

Started with 4 acoustic songs including Jolene and Trouble. Then proceeded to absolutely kill the mood with his new full-of-synthesizer stuff. Concert became a large hall for conversation with his music as background noise. I and many others walked out early.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

Started with 4 acoustic songs including Jolene and Trouble. Then proceeded to absolutely kill the mood with his new full-of-synthesizer stuff. Concert became a large hall for conversation with his music as background noise. I and many others walked out early.
I hate when guys wander off the reservation like that. Ian Moore was killing it back in the day, then decided to get all artsy and basically faded away. I think he's coming back a bit lately maybe.
Muy
AG
U2 in San Fran next week. Somehow, Salesforce.com was able to line them up as the entertainment for their Dreamforce conference.
Jim01
AG
I was at the Ray LaMontagne show in The Woodlands Friday night. I went with a buddy whose wife bought him tickets for his birthday. I knew a little of Ray when she bought the tickets but studied up on Spotify in the weeks leading up to the show. I also googled to see who the opening act was last week and stumbled upon a review of the tour so I knew exactly what I was in for:

(1) Acoustic set, just him for 4-5 songs
(2) Ouroboros played from front to back
(3) Wrap up with some scattered songs throughout the catalog.

Judging from people around me though I was in the VAST minority of people who knew what was going on. I went to the bathroom haflway through the Ouroboros section of the show and noticed a decent amount leaving.

His newest two albums definitely are a change from his acoustic stuff. I thought the new album sounded much better live than on Spotify. I was just kind of surprised how many people didn't know what was going on. The lady next to me kept hoping for old stuff. Halfway through show I pulled up a setlist on my phone and told her "Don't get your hopes up."

Overall I enjoyed it, but it was key knowing exactly what to expect.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Pilgrimage Review:

Jason Isbell is a fantastic guitar player. I was really surprised at how good he was. Hall and Oates sounded awesome for two guys approaching their 70's. Played a lot of hits which the crowd loved. City and Colour was great as well as The Arcs. But Kacey Musgraves stole the show. My god that woman can perform and sing.
62strat
AG
quote:

Does he really use synths in his music now? What a shame.

Saw him in 2008 in Houston. Totally captivated the audience for 2 hours. Only 3 albums up to that point, so lots of old stuff.
Jim01
AG
The band is four guys. Ray and then 3 of the 4 members of My Morning Jacket. Drummer, bassist and then a keyboardist. The new album is very Pink Floyd sounding. Hell the stage set up was even a gigantic moon projection.
goadius6
AG
It was actually 4 out of 5 of My Morning Jacket but Carl Broemel had to leave the tour JUST recently due to appendicitis. From the reviews I read earlier in the tour he really stole the show rocking out on guitar as he does so well for MMJ. But yes I've also heard the Ray show's have sorely missed him and that the original Ray fans have been disappointed in his new direction.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Rival Sons in November at Billy Bob's
Griffle
quote:
It was actually 4 out of 5 of My Morning Jacket but Carl Broemel had to leave the tour JUST recently due to appendicitis. From the reviews I read earlier in the tour he really stole the show rocking out on guitar as he does so well for MMJ. But yes I've also heard the Ray show's have sorely missed him and that the original Ray fans have been disappointed in his new direction.

Yes, if I would have heard Ray for the first time based off his newest album, I'd have never been a fan. Traditional Ray can't be matched though.
PuryearAg98
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BKv0rwXgfkh

Last Friday at Clicks in Tyler

Thought a few of you might get a kick out of this.. LJ keeps asking for one of our Aggie Rings. Told him there is a lot we could trade, but that aint one of em.
MooseJr1994
AG
quote:

Thought a few of you might get a kick out of this.. LJ keeps asking for one of our Aggie Rings. Told him there is a lot we could trade, but that aint one of em.
That's awesome! Love 7D.
MooseJr1994
AG
Taking my 13 y/o son to see Alter Bridge at the HOB Dallas on October 7th. Can't wait!
TP Ag '87
AG
Devin Townsend tonight at Warehouse Live.
62strat
AG
Man seven dust has been around so long, I was barely a teenager when they came out and I thought that's what black metal was.
zgood10
AG
quote:
Devin Townsend tonight at Warehouse Live.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Saw Kanye's Saint Pablo show in Detroit last night. Best show I've ever seen. The staging is something I've never seen before. It was incredible.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Best. Concert. Ever.
Echoes97
AG
Was at the Devin Townsend show last night also, was awesome!! Super loud though.

Ziltoid makes an appearance!

Me and RVP:
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
PatAg
AG
Thrice in Dallas this Sunday
TP Ag '87
AG
DT was VERY loud.
goadius6
AG
Band of Heathens tonight @ Firehouse Saloon
Flume on Sunday @Revention Center
Nathaniel Rateliff on Monday at HoB Houston
Band of Horses on Thursday night to kick off my ACL weekend 2.

I'M ALL JACKED UP
themessenger
Thrice this Sunday10/2
Band of Horses / Wild Feathers - Tuesday 10/4
Guster sometime in December at Granada Theater
Phat32
AG
themessenger said:

Thrice this Sunday10/2
Band of Horses / Wild Feathers - Tuesday 10/4
Guster sometime in December at Granada Theater
Guster
aggiebonzo
AG
Saw band of horses last night at ACL. They were my favorite show of the day followed by Foals.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
LCD Soundsystem last night at ACL. They were great. Sounded fantastic.
SbisaVictim95
AG
MooseJr1994 said:

Quote:

That's awesome! Love 7D.
I was at that show as well. Good dudes.
Phat32
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

LCD Soundsystem last night at ACL. They were great. Sounded fantastic.
+1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.