***Survivor: Second Chance (Cambodia)***

49,382 Views | 617 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Ronnie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I smell a double betrayal!

Fishback steals Jeremy's vote to make a "big move" and vote Jeremy out...then Jeremy plays his idol he hasn't told Fishback about!
BlackLab
AG
quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So you introduced a new advantage into the game, which is the ability to steal someone else's vote. This is even more powerful than last season's extra vote advantage because now not only does Stephen Fishbach gets two votes, but he gets to subtract someone else's as well. Take us behind the decision-making in introducing this new twist.

JEFF PROBST: We wanted to give this group of second chance players the opportunity to really play big so we unleashed a lot of fun twists. This was a natural extension of last years "extra vote" with just a bit more power. We do our best to unveil new twists in tiny bite-sized portions, but this season we definitely added in a few extras. The other thinking is that we are getting to a point now where we have so many twists in our history/arsenal that I anticipate another level of game play to begin to arise and that's players lying about having certain advantages even when they don't.

So Jeremy finds an idol clue that tells him to search out a light after it gets dark that will take him to the next hidden immunity idol. Question: Is it possible that someone else (say, Joe) who may have wondered over there at night to go to the bathroom or whatever could have come across the idol by chance? Or did you all set it up only once Jeremy started walking over or set it up outside of boundaries where tribemates are usually allowed to go? Basically, were there any precautions in place to ensure that only Jeremy got it since he had found the clue?

Well, I can't give away all of our production secrets but philosophically I can answer your question. Once Jeremy had the clue, then the idol was designated for him and only him. The risk he had to take was getting caught by someone else, which we couldn't help him with. But in terms of someone else finding the idol and taking it as their own, that would not have happened.

BONUS QUESTION! Rainy season in Cambodia! You've had your fair share of downpours over the years on Survivor, but that one which extended from the challenge through Tribal Council seemed especially brutal. How bad was it?

It was a tremendous storm, absolutely unrelenting. The rain was heavy and it was cold and it was one of the highlights of the season for me. Don't get me wrong: I don't enjoy seeing them suffer, but I do enjoy seeing them conquer. That's a very big part of Survivor for me and maybe one of the most misunderstood in terms of people understanding my own personal take on the game. I like seeing people surprise themselves. But in order to really experience a high you have to have a low to compare it to. That downpour was a major low. I was very concerned about their well-being. When there is a storm like that, all of the executives are on our radios all night checking in with each other and the producer on the beach. But as hard as it is to see them go through something like that, we would not ever intervene unless their safety was truly in danger. Surviving Mother Nature is a big part of Survivor. But we always have plans in place in the case of an emergency.

I guess I get why Stephen felt he had to make a move any sort of move to pad his rsum, so he flipped on Wiglesworth and the others, but it seems like an odd play for Jeremy if he indeed was in the power position of the tribe as Ciera clearly stated. Usually people in that position want to stay the course and not rock the boat since they see a path to victory the way things are going. Did that move surprise you?

Neither move surprised me but I am exactly opposite of you on which move I thought made sense. I think Fishbach is so consumed with making a move that it has robbed him of his greatest strength, which is to just sit back and evaluate and then make his best move based on the assumption that everybody else is making their best move. He's a very smart guy, but thus far he can't see the forest for the trees. Maybe this will wake him up.

As for Jeremy, I totally understand Jeremy's move because he trusts Stephen, and this season especially, the premium on trust is at an all time high. Jeremy is playing a very sophisticated long game. Here's the thing that players rarely understand their first time playing odds are you are going to lose. The odds are not great that you are going to win. If we start with 20 players, 19 of them will lose. That's a 95 percent chance you will lose. Get this in your head: If you play Survivor, you will most certainly lose. Which is why you have to play to WIN. Confused? (Ah, it's easy, says the guy in the blue shirt who has never played a day in his life.)

It means that any time you have to make a big decision, you first have to make a series of assumptions and then base your move on those assumptions at that moment. And the days of trying to play safe and hide out are also gone because even if you manage to play safe the jury will never respect you enough to award you the victory. And when you get home and realize that nobody ever remembers the runner-up, you'll start to second-guess your decisions and most likely end up regretting "not going for it." So take the burden off your shoulders if you play Survivor, you are most certainly going to lose. Let this free you up so you can play to win.

Tease us up for next week, sir!

Next week you get a DOUBLE DOSE! Two episodes of Survivor! Two amazing episodes. Episode 10 continues our theme of rain and forces a major decision. Episode 11 features one of the most daring moves yet. You'll love it. Make time in your schedule for a great night ofSurvivor!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
So there'll be a double episode on Wednesday and it be scored like 2 episodes as there will likely be two tribals.

I'll be traveling for T-giving, but am going to try and watch the episode online from our hotel Wednesday night after the kids go to dreamland. If I can't, or if the wi-fi sucks, I probably won't be able to update the standings until late Friday.
MooreTrucker
AG
OMG!!! THIS IS THE GREATEST SEASON EVER!!! So many awesome moves and awesomely stupid moves!!!
LHIOB
AG
So. Many. Moves.

Kelley is playing to win. Shes a boss with the social game.
Bulldog73
AG
Fish is so dumb. I'm somewhat surprised she didn't pass on her idol, but she trusted the votes I guess.

********spoiler alert*******

Any guesses as to who the injury was? Based on the trembling hand I think Keith is most likely.

****end possible spoiler.*****
DannyDuberstein
AG
Fun season continues
Quinn
AG
quote:
Fish is so dumb. I'm somewhat surprised she didn't pass on her idol, but she trusted the votes I guess.

Any guesses as to who the injury was? Based on the trembling hand I think Keith is most likely.

Based on the color of the top that they showed dropping, I think it's Joe.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

Based on the color of the top that they showed dropping, I think it's Joe.
That appeared to be Tasha's statue thing, so we're speculating either Spencer (next to Tasha) or Joe (in the green "corral").
Bulldog73
AG
Checking other forums, they don't know either. About 45% say definitely Joe, 45% definitely Keith, and the other 10% say it's either Tasha or Jeremy.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Checking other forums, they don't know either. About 45% say definitely Joe, 45% definitely Keith, and the other 10% say it's either Tasha or Jeremy.
Can't be Tasha or Jeremy. The hand is white.
Bulldog73
AG
Exactly which is why I gave it the laugh cry face.

They say it was a green podium Probst was at, which in the snip it showed was Joe from their statement. I thought it was a gold statue it showed (but any statue would fall at some point), and that was at the bottom of the screen where Keith and Joe were lined up.
Bobcat06
AG
It might be a loved one
rhoswen
AG
Why on God's green earth did fishback not use his two votes for Joe? I can't believe joe survived that!!!
Rudyjax
AG
CheeseSndwch
I only watched in once but my first intuition was Keith. Looked like a working man's hands.
jkag89
quote:
Why on God's green earth did fishback not use his two votes for Joe? I can't believe joe survived that!!!
Because of the earlier vote which they were so confident they did not even consider the possibility of an idol coming into play, they over thought this go around. Still would it have mattered? Wouldn't there still have been enough votes to get Fishback out?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
Because of the earlier vote which they were so confident they did not even consider the possibility of an idol coming into play, they over thought this go around. Still would it have mattered? Wouldn't there still have been enough votes to get Fishback out?
Yep, if he'd voted for Joe twice it would have been 3 Joe, 2 Abi, 4 Fish. The totals for Joe and Abi would have reversed but still less than Fish.
Rudyjax
AG
Score keeper better get my points right for Kelley and her idol!!
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Me too!
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
Me too!

They dont **** you score every time!
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Me too!

They dont **** you score every time!
I know, and I don't want them to start now.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Updated standings, brought to you live from the parking lot of the pediatric clinic in NW San Antonio where one of my kids is suffering hand, foot, and mouth disease on her Thanksgiving vacation.

1) gravy97 62.5

2) CheeseSndwch 60
Quinn 60

4) LHIOB 57.5

5) Ronnie 57

6) AcctAg11 54.5
double aught 54.5

8) MooreTrucker 54
MuckRaker96 54

10) TheSheik 51.5

11) kpaggie05 51

12) Bobcat06 50.5
Longhorn Nation 50.5

14) Pro Ag 50

15) tallgrant 48.5

16) txaggiefarmer05 48

17) zap 47.5

18) jdgilberg 46

19) Moxie 43.5

20) hurleyag 42.5

21) BlackLab 42

22) Unthought Known 40

23) salvatore_ditmars 37

24) tx1c 32
ChipFTAC01 32

MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Updated standings, brought to you live from the parking lot of the pediatric clinic in NW San Antonio where one of my kids is suffering hand, foot, and mouth disease on her Thanksgiving vacation.

Ugh. That sucks. Prayers for the poor kid!
AcctAg11
AG
Ughh AT&T froze up on me when watching the on-demand episode from this week right during Tribal council at the end of the second hour. Lost the spot and can't fast forward to get back. Can someone summarize what happened in Tribal and how the votes fell? I really don't want to sit through 2 hours again (already did the first half hour twice).

TIA
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
Ughh AT&T froze up on me when watching the on-demand episode from this week right during Tribal council at the end of the second hour. Lost the spot and can't fast forward to get back. Can someone summarize what happened in Tribal and how the votes fell? I really don't want to sit through 2 hours again (already did the first half hour twice).

TIA

Everyone: blah blah there are alliances blah blah joe: I just have to trust blah blah

Fish: plays advantage to steal joes vote, votes Abbi with his vote and joe with joes vote (long pause to revel in voting joe)
Tasha, Jeremy, fish, chick I can't remember name split votes for joe/Abby 2/3 I think it ended up
Keith, wentworth, Abbi and spencer vote fish and he's gone.

I'm not a huge fan of most of the characters this season, but the tribals have been outstanding!
bbattbq01
AG
quote:

As soon as fish stole Joes vote abbi knew joe wasn't aligned with him. If he had stolen Kelly's vote maybe Abi would have voted joe.

I think it's spencer from the color statue it showed falling.
Pro Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yep, if he'd voted for Joe twice it would have been 3 Joe, 2 Abi, 4 Fish. The totals for Joe and Abi would have reversed but still less than Fish.

If they hadn't decided to split the vote it would have been Joe going home (Fish x2, Jeremy, Tasha, Kimmi). Fish went home because his alliance decided to split the vote more than Spencer not voting with them.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

Ugh. That sucks. Prayers for the poor kid!
TY, she has it miserably on her hands and her mouth, and now I've got it on my hands, but so far our other daughter has escaped its wrath.

My thoughts on the double episode, which I watched in a hotel on T-Giving night? It should have been subtitled, "The time we decided to give Joe $1 million."

Really blew my mind that the 0ther 9 of them couldn't say "The game can resume as is in 3 days, let's get Joe outta here while we have the opening." Spencer at the least should have thought, "It took EVERYTHING I HAD to just barely beat Joe in an immunity challenge, when will I be able to do it again?

For every person Joe has a hand in voting out the rest of the game, that person should realize what a huge idiot they are.

Jeremy's once strong 4 of himself, Fish, Spencer and Tasha sure got small in a hurry.
Rudyjax
AG
Joe isnt winning imo.

While he is dominating the challenges, what else has he really done?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
one thing keeps you for certain from being voted off every week - winning the immunity idol. He's won 5 out of 6. If he wins enough to get to the end, wouldnt that mean he deserves it the most?
PermianBasinAggie
AG
He's a challenge beast, but it's still unlikely that Joe wins the next five immunity challenges. There will be another chance to get him out.
Bulldog73
AG
Yeah, Joe is a beast at endurance and strength challenges, but he isn't as impressive at puzzles and memory challenges. There will be more of them so I think there will be chances to get him out.

I like Joe a lot, but he hasn't done much outwitting and depending on your definition of playing (game or challenges), he hasn't done much of that either. If he was a strong candidate to really win, he wouldn't be in that position. Mike was in the bottom position, but with his run and the way he still stayed in some of the politics seems to set him apart from what we're seeing from Joe.
AcctAg11
AG
I think he's been doing just fine in the other aspects of the game. He can't really make big moves because he already has a big target on his back from being a competition beast. If Joe had been trying to play the game as hard as Fishbach had, Fishbach would still be in the game and Joe would've been sent to jury. Joe can't really do much more than he has. He has (or had) a few close friends and is friendly with everyone else.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He's doing well enough to keep himself from getting voted out when it should be the biggest no brainer ever. So I'd give him a lot of credit for that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.