***Survivor: Second Chance (Cambodia)***

49,434 Views | 617 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
BlackLab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the guys are in trouble. And was Keith just clueless on his vote for Tasha? Ha.
Quinn
AG
Congrats to Tasha or Wentworth on their $1MM prize!
LHIOB
AG
Wentworth has the jury or at least the edit made it seem so
Quinn
AG
Tasha is dumb if she doesn't side with the girls next week.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
doing the standings now.

considering a +50-point bonus to Spencer for his girlfriend.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Updated standings, starting to see some distance among us.

1)CheeseSndwch 65.5
Quinn 65.5
3) LHIOB 64.5
4) gravy97 64
Ronnie 64
6) double aught 61.5
7) TheSheik 61
8) MooreTrucker 60.5

9) kpaggie05 58
10) AcctAg11 57.5
Bobcat06 57.5
12) MuckRaker96 57
zap 57
14) Longhorn Nation 53.5
15) jdgilberg 53
Pro Ag 53
17) tallgrant 51.5
18) Moxie 50.5
19) txaggiefarmer05 50

20) hurleyag 47.5
21) Unthought Known 45.5
22) BlackLab 45
23) salvatore_ditmars 41.5

24) tx1c 36
25) ChipFTAC01 33.5

Rudyjax
AG
Am i getting my bomus points for Kelley?
zap
AG
The only thing that will save the guys is winning immunity (or playing the idol.)

Once the "girl power" movement takes root, it's hard as hell to break up.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
The only thing that will save the guys is winning immunity (or playing the idol.)

Once the "girl power" movement takes root, it's hard as hell to break up.

That would lead to a Kelley win. Shes been making moves and finding idols. Shes also getting a good edit.
gambochaman
AG
why does it seem that this 'all girls alliance' happen quite often but I dont really ever recall an 'all guys alliance'?

my goodness we men can be so dumb
gambochaman
AG
but i am in agreement. I predict a wentworth win
Bulldog73
AG
quote:
why does it seem that this 'all girls alliance' happen quite often but I dont really ever recall an 'all guys alliance'?

my goodness we men can be so dumb

I mentioned that last night. Probably an ego thing. Also the women seem to be delusional enough to all believe they will win over anyone else (women wise) whereas the men tend to think someone like Joe making it to the finals would lead to their demise.
Rudyjax
AG
If it plays out like this, Tasha over Abi and Kimi. Kelley over abi and Kimi. I dont think Tasha and Kelley make it to the jury together.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
If it plays out like this, Tasha over Abi and Kimi. Kelley over abi and Kimi. I dont think Tasha and Kelley make it to the jury together.
I agree. Tasha and Kelley will eventually be the target of the other, in order to remove the main competitor and get to the end with Kimmi and Abi.
hurleyag
AG
quote:
I think the guys are in trouble. And was Keith just clueless on his vote for Tasha? Ha.

I was thinking this over last night and the only theory I could think of is there is an alliance of Abi, Wentworth, and Keith. The girls in that alliance don't truly want the girls alliance that Kimi was suggesting. They decided to put one vote to Tasha so that if Joe had an idol there would be a vote off between Tasha and Abi that would have the chance to save that alliance.

Or Keith is trying to work for votes in the instance that he makes the final and he knows Abi is bitter about those that vote against her.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Unthought, you can check the spreadsheet, which features episode by episode tallies and the rules anytime with the Google link from Page 1. Here it is again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-f3IBPcAYd4a9vaRCgU73lFmw9tgAbjYJcpLbcOu7uo/edit?usp=sharing

At present, the totals are done by me and double-checked by Chip within 24 hours of every episode, so if you see a discrepancy, just let me know.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Actually, I still haven't watched the second of last week's or last night's episode, so my numbers are old now.

Been a busy week.
Quinn
AG
Do I get bonus points for Joe passing out? I feel like that should be worth +10.
BlackLab
AG
quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Okay, let's do this in two parts. We'll get to Joe passing out and everything that happened after that in a minute, but let's start by talking about that immunity challenge. It seemed like such a simple, non-physical competition, but in that heat, and holding up that weight for that long, it turned into a grueling affair. We've seen a few of the challenges this season like the blindfolded one just absolutely wreck people. What is it about either these challenges or this location or the indomitable will of these contestants that has people so absolutely drained?

JEFF PROBST: Great question. Let's start with the elements. Cambodia was and I'm pretty sure, still is, hot. Very hot. Extremely hot on some days. Not hot like "Man, it's really hot out today." Hot as in "Holy crap, that's the sun! The actual sun! And it's heading straight for us!" So there's that. But the key to this season is the players. They are, without compare, the most motivated group of players we've ever had. The combination of waiting, in some cases, 15 years to play again combined with the honor of being "voted in" by the fans has given them a sense of duty. They have to live up to the opportunity they've been given.

If there was a way to guarantee this kind of commitment every season, I'd give the pinky finger off my left hand to make that deal. That's what you saw in this week's immunity challenge. Sometimes, when we test challenges with our Dream Team we will give them an incentive to go as long as they can. It might be an extra hour of sleep or a case of beer (yes, these really are big incentives on location). We did that in this challenge, as we really wanted to see how long it could go. I even had friends visiting who also participated in the challenge rehearsal. Nobody came anywhere close to Joe and Keith. They quadrupledthe time our rehearsal lasted. I was in awe. I could not believe how long it lasted. And with their necks craned up it was extremely uncomfortable. I can't say enough good things about this group of players. This is the new example of how this game should be played.

I'm not sure there is a scarier sight on Survivor then someone losing consciousness, and we saw your immediate concern as you quickly called medical in. Take us through being there when Joe collapsed during the immunity challenge and then everything that happened after that.

Okay, so you are already in my head that this challenge has gone way beyond anything we rehearsed. It's now become a true showdown between two true challenge threats. Joe who has dominated, and Keith, one of the only people who can truly challenge him. I honestly thought, Joe is going to win again. When Joe dropped, it was completely out of nowhere. There was no warning sign. Joe didn't utter anything like "I'm feeling light-headed." It was like one of those inflatable air dancers you see at car lots suddenly lost all its air. Joe just dropped.

It was so confusing that at first I wasn't sure what had happened. It wasn't until I got to him that I saw he was out. We called in medical, who is always just outside of the camera crew watching and waiting. Dr. Joe, who I believe in another life was Errol Flynn, was at Joe's side within ten seconds. He knew exactly what had happened. Joe's willpower had pushed his body so hard that he pushed it beyond where it was able to go, so his body had to take over and shut down. It literally just stopped responding to his will and he dropped. As Dr. Joe said, he used up all of his "energy supplies." It was an amazing display of determination. He literally went as far as his body could take him.
He responded quite quickly to Dr. Joe's attention and it was clear within about thirty seconds that he would be okay. Here's another layer, Keith was not far behind. Keith had also pushed his body way beyond anything it was used to. Had they gone much longer, it might have been Keith who dropped. Both guys should be in the Survivor Hall of Fame based simply on that performance alone.

I'm not going to ask you to pick the most emotional loved ones reunion out there, but actually, on second thought, to hell with it. Yes, I am! I am going to make you pick! Was there one of these Second Chance loved one reunions that hit you a little more than the others, and what's it like seeing otherwise composed people just lose it emotionally like that right in front of you?

Ah that's a very tough question. Since being given the amazing opportunity to become a parent, loved one visits have changed quite a bit for me. I can't hide my emotion as easily as I did in the past. I have to be honest and say that I am a big fan of love. So I feel the love when Tasha's cousin hugs her. I feel the love when Abi's mom comes from behind the trees and Abi finally has someone who understands her. I can obviously feel the love of Kimmi saying "Daddy."

I adored seeing Keith introduce everybody to his wife, "Big D" because in that moment I saw a truth and vulnerability in Keith that he doesn't often show. I enjoyed seeing Joe fulfill his vision of having his dad visit (although, just like Savage, "I just want to make the jury," be mindful of what you tell your brain, because Joe fulfilled his vision and was promptly voted out). Even Kelley Wentworth, who you knew was uncomfortable having her dad join her game, was grateful to have some safe arms wrapped around her body.

But there were two big ones for me. Spencer really touched me because I see Spencer as a kid who could, in another life, be my son. Yeah, imagine that. I root for him to grow as a young man and seeing his absolutely lovely girlfriend race toward him was really powerful. You have to remember, I can't hear what they are whispering to each other and I didn't know he'd never said he loved her, so when he did, all of that power was lost on me. I was just happy to see him so open with his love.

And the other big one was Jeremy. In his case, I did know that Val was pregnant, (we have to know important things like that about significant others, just in case an emergency happens) but I didn't know all the details and I couldn't hear her whisper to him "It's a boy." If I had, I might have lost it. That was pretty powerful. In that moment, I was reminded that every person playing really does have a specific reason and in the case of Jeremy it was pretty primal provide for my family.

Just two episodes left! Tease us up for the big penultimate episode.

It makes me sad that this season is winding down because as allSurvivor fans know, each season is a new adventure and I really hate to let this one go. Next week is a pivotal episode. Seven players left. It's do or die. The vote here is critical. You are deciding whom you will go toe to toe with in that final week. Nobody is certain of the right move. Plus, another scary situation and another Survivor in trouble.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
no prob, just email me if i"m off.

if Ive given UnthoughtKnown too many points, feel free to call me so we can make his score lower.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Do I get bonus points for Joe passing out? I feel like that should be worth +10.

Yes, but then you lose 25 points for Joe kissing his dad on the mouth twice.
Quinn
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes, but then you lose 25 points for Joe kissing his dad on the mouth twice.

Touch
TXAGFAN
AG
This really is a great season of survivor. I remember some of these guys, but was not a regular watcher in the early years. It is appointment television for me.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:

if Ive given UnthoughtKnown too many points, feel free to call me so we can make his score lower.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
This really is a great season of survivor. I remember some of these guys, but was not a regular watcher in the early years. It is appointment television for me.

Wednesday is the only night of tv i look forward to.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:

I think a nice 31.5 should be about right, correct?
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:

Not watching Fargo?
Rudyjax
AG
I have watched the first 15 minutes of ep1 3xs. Its not that its not good, but its usually late and I get up early. I have them all on my dvr.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Im starting to think Keith might be the most dangerous player left to win $1 million. Who there doesn't like Keith? Nobody. The girls largely seem him as a father figure, and they all died when he got to see his wife, and the remaining men recognize him as unreal competitor. He's 52 years old and took out Joe last night! His immunity competition skills come from a lifetime of hard work, not from time in the gym or doing CrossFit, and it shows in the challenges.

I don't see the all-female alliance holding for more than one vote. Tasha must know she can't beat Kelley Wentworth at this point, she's too popular and has made big moves, winning immunity and playing an idol to save herself. If I were Tasha, I'd politic to vote Keith out first assuming he doesn't win II next time to gain the girls' trust, then turn on the alliance, and convince Kimmi to do likewise - with the thought that - we blindside Kelley, we're still up 3-2 on Spencer and Jeremy.

Jeremy would still have his idol, which would guarantee him Final 4. If Spencer won immunity, which would be at least somewhat likely with Joe, Kelley, and Keith all out, Tasha picks her side with the boys and they rub out Kimmi or Abi, I mean they might as well be the same person at this point, both useless and won't get a vote.

At this point, Tasha would be able to make a major play with the jury, and could argue that Spencer/Jeremy played the same game, while she made the biggest move - blindsiding Kelley Wentworth who was on track to victory. Not sure if it would be enough to win, especially when Jeremy drops the "my wife is pregnant" card on everyone, but the females will fracture - cmon you're asking Abi to consistently vote the way you want her to!
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not watching Fargo?
I watch Fargo when it airs and usually watch The Knick too on Friday before I head out. Great TV.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

Jeremy would still have his idol, which would guarantee him Final 4. If Spencer won immunity, which would be at least somewhat likely with Joe, Kelley, and Keith all out, Tasha picks her side with the boys and they rub out Kimmi or Abi, I mean they might as well be the same person at this point, both useless and won't get a vote.

Just a quick correction...if they continue like last night, Spencer won't be competing against Kelley for immunity. One II for the men and one for the women. Although, that might have been a one-off because there were exactly the same number of each.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
i think that was a 1 time thing. having two Immunity necklaces with only 7 people left in the game is too much. Especially with only 3 guys.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
i think that was a 1 time thing. having two Immunity necklaces with only 7 people left in the game is too much. Especially with only 3 guys.
Yeah, I agree. That's why I added the one-off comment.
kpaggie05
AG
This has definitely been one of my favorite seasons - at least so far. But I really hope Abi and Kimmi don't make it to final three. I feel like any of the others can win, depending on who wins immunity and how the alliances shift towards the end of the game. How are there only 2 episodes left? Geez.

I find it hilarious that Kimmi wanted Monica voted out because she wanted to start an all girls alliance, yet it's her that brings it up to Wentworth.

I really liked that they did double immunity - but was surprised Tasha didn't win that. I'm happy it was Wentworth though - it's crazy that no one from the San Juan del Sur season has been voted out. In the start everyone was worried about the 4 Cagayan people (Spencer, Kass, Tasha and Woo) - but Jeremy, Keith and Kelley are still going strong.

Does anyone else watch the Ponderosa videos on YouTube or CBS? They've been entertaining this season. Most of the time everyone is very nice and welcoming when someone gets voted out. Not the case with this season. Savage and Wiggles haven't been very nice to some of them!
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
This has definitely been one of my favorite seasons - at least so far. But I really hope Abi and Kimmi don't make it to final three. I feel like any of the others can win, depending on who wins immunity and how the alliances shift towards the end of the game. How are there only 2 episodes left? Geez.

I hope that the final three are all deserving, and it's not an easy unanimous vote. Based on the results so far, that's not too far fetched, I hope.

quote:
I find it hilarious that Kimmi wanted Monica voted out because she wanted to start an all girls alliance, yet it's her that brings it up to Wentworth.

Our entire group basically yelled that exact same thing!

quote:
Does anyone else watch the Ponderosa videos on YouTube or CBS? They've been entertaining this season. Most of the time everyone is very nice and welcoming when someone gets voted out. Not the case with this season. Savage and Wiggles haven't been very nice to some of them!

Crap! I forgot about those. I'm definitely going to go watch them now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.