***Survivor: Second Chance (Cambodia)***

49,439 Views | 617 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do people get the 2 points for Kass making the merge?

If so gravy, doubleaught, hurley and southlake all are 2 points shy.
tx1c
AG
"Everybody put your balls on the plate"

That was the quote of the episode.
When time counted down, I was hoping to hear "everybody grab your balls".
BlackLab
AG
quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You all decided to merge with 13 people left in the game, which is a big group, and just one episode after you switched up the tribes again. Why merge here and now at 13?

JEFF PROBST: Two reasons for such a big merge, the largest we've ever done. 1) We wanted to capture them off guard, which we did. 2) We wanted to keep as many players in the game until the end. This is why we also have our largest jury ever. Everybody worked so hard to get these people back out on the island and we anticipated the game being played very hard, so it made sense to let as many as possible have a say in who ultimately wins the game.

We've seen a lot of people talk about how they have changed their game the second time around. Kass repeatedly said she was playing a different game, but we saw her mixing it up again with Tasha, and we saw other players talking about feeling uneasy around her. Did you sense a difference in how she played this time out?

Having gone through this with Kass twice, I'm not sure I have any better read on her than I did the first time. And ultimately, I don't think she played a vastly different game. And the fact that she had more success the first time is also irrelevant. You playSurvivor to win. That's the only approach, and you have to do it knowing you probably will not win. That's the most likely outcome. So you can't judge a performance based on when someone is voted out. There are too many other contributing factors. My hunch is that Kass does have some bite to her, and it's probably why she is so successful in her law career. But I don't think Kass lives inside the "Chaos Kass" persona. It's just one element of her personality.

Survivor is such a tricky thing because you are thrown into extreme conflict from day 1 and you can't afford to just sit back and "surf" the moments and be your best self. This game forces you to take action, and taking that action often brings forth parts of your humanity that you aren't always proud of. You see it with even the "nicest" players. They hit a wall and they snap. What I appreciate about all of our 20 returning players is they all came out here with a real goal of changing how they behaved the first time in the hopes of having more success. Kass gave it a shot. That's all you can do.

Since we've hit the halfway point of the season in terms of the merge and number of episodes, talk a little bit about who surprised you the most either pleasantly or not so much in the first half of the season in terms of their gameplay.

I hate these questions because unless I list all 20, there will be people mad at me. Then again, I've had people mad at me for 16 years, what's another few months? I think Spencer is doing a good job of showing people his intention to behave differently. Whether it's an authentic desire or just game play is irrelevant if it's working. I think Joe is doing a good job of working within a system that doesn't play to his strengths. He is such a dominant threat that people tend to want guys like him out, but he's maneuvering while he can now things will get tough as the game is individual. I like the game Jeremy is playing. He's really just trying to pick up where he left off. His second chance isn't so much about changing as it is playing without the burden of a loved one.

Same with Wentworth, I've been really impressed with her play and so happy to see her playing her own game this time. Ciera is playing a great social game. It's really subtle, but she could be deadly if the merge works out in her favor. Keith is doing a refined version of what he did the first time and it can work all the way to the end because Keith is a likable person. He stays out of the way, contributes at camp, bleeds at challenges and then says, "Who do you want me to vote for?" It works because he's easy. I wish I was more this way in life as it would make things so much more pleasant!

Tasha is doing a good job of taking the patience she learned from her first season and putting it into practice this season. She is not pushing anybody around, she's gently persuading when she has to, and then she's right back to observing and letting other people make the mistakes.

Savage is playing a hard game but I don't think it's much different from his first time. His game is based around loyalty and he's showing it again in Second Chance. If he picks the right people that loyalty is invaluable.

Fishbach is one of the few players that I actually think is playing a less effective game, at this point. He is definitely the kind of player that can turn it around, but until he deals with Joe it seems his focus is going to be blurry. He's spending a lot of time and energy trying to rid the game of his nemesis, but I question if that's his smartest move.

Kimmi didn't last long enough the first time for any of us to really know how she would have played, and because it's been so long since then she has clearly grown as a person so we don't have much to go on. In many ways this is a fresh start for her. She seems to be very involved in strategy and isn't afraid to speak her mind. At this point she's surprised me in a positive way.

Then there is Wiglesworth, the original runner-up. Kelly is playing a very specific game. She has her own set of rules, she is not influenced by pace, and rarely influenced by other opinions. It's not the kind of game I would ever play, but then again I have never played, much less made it to the end! So what do I know?

Okay, I saved the best for last: Abi. I absolutely, 150,000 percent believe that Abi came into the game intending to be different. I absolutely believe that thus far, she has failed. But that doesn't mean she's a failure. There is a difference in my book. She is trying, it's just not working. I believe that Abi, like a lot of us, has a hard time seeing how she comes across to others. Even when they try to explain it to her she argues that they're wrong. I know she drives a lot of people crazy, but she makes me laugh. She keeps the game interesting and the deeper the game goes the more valuable her vote becomes.

Looks like someone wants to make a big move next week. What can you tell us about what to expect?

The unexpected merge sends people into a true scramble and the game enters it's next phase. The evolution will now slowly begin. It's another amazing episode next week.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Agree 100% on his Fischback comments. Between previous episodes and the preview, I think he'll make a rash move that blows up in his face this week. He is so desperate to be a game-changer instead of being who he is and trying to make the move at the right time. A guy like that, you work hard, you try hard at challenges, you get the farthest you can, and then you pull your move - flip on your alliance, side with the minority for a blind side, whatever it is. But there are so many bigger threats in the game than Stephen Fischback, the next several weeks will be alliances taking out the biggest threat on the other side.
double aught
AG
quote:
Do people get the 2 points for Kass making the merge?

If so gravy, doubleaught, hurley and southlake all are 2 points shy.
Thanks bud.
zap
AG
Glad that both Shirin and Kass are done. These two need to stay away from this game FOREVER.
gravy97
AG
I'll stick with Spencer and Joe
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bumping the thread to remind you to make your picks for the post-merge standings. 15 of the 29 of us have yet to make them here.

To ensure I've got them right, please view the drive page here.

If you don't post your picks going forward by 6:59 p.m. central on Wednesday, November 11, you won't get any more points.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-f3IBPcAYd4a9vaRCgU73lFmw9tgAbjYJcpLbcOu7uo/edit?usp=sharing
Quinn
AG
You missed mine from the previous page - I'm sticking with Joe and Wentworth.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Thanks for letting me know, I've added them.
TheSheik
AG
quote:

TheSheik keeps
Kelley Wentworth and Keith with bonus potential
from the previous page 2:37 11/5/15
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Thanks, got them. I think that has me current as of 11:18 a.m. today.
Ronnie
AG
Kelley Wentworth

Jeremy Collins
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Updated, thank you.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Tasha and Savage for the bonus.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You're good to go, Chip. I almost picked the same two, Savage just seems on the verge of meltdown to me. too emotional.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I agree, I'm worried about him. He's either out in the next couple of weeks or makes it to the end.

I was just looking for a value pick. Need to make up some ground.
Rudyjax
AG
I dont think Savage stands a chance but as an original pick I am sticking with him.
zap
AG
Wentworth
Keith
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
M1: Jeremy
M2: Spencer
F1: Wentworth
F2: PG

Spencer and Wentworth
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
M1: Jeremy
M2: Spencer
F1: Wentworth
F2: PG

Spencer and Wentworth
If they were a celebrity couple, they'd be Spentworth.
Kellso
So far....I think this has been a fantastic season. The good thing about ALL Star seasons is that almost everyone comes to play.

The players that were voted onto the show were almost the exact same ones that I would have picked.

The only players I had trouble remembering were PG and Monica. Nice Eye Candy....but not too memorable.
BlackLab
AG
Jeremy, Tasha.
Bulldog73
AG
I wonder who the love connection Jeff teased us about was. Joe and pretty Kelly (or is it Kelley) makes sense.
Quinn
AG
Keith and Kimmi?
salvatore_ditmars
quote:
I wonder who the love connection Jeff teased us about was. Joe and pretty Kelly (or is it Kelley) makes sense.
kinda wondering the same. i feel like the episode right after where he teased that was the one where terry connected with abi, but that didnt end up being it.
Harry Stamper
quote:

Which pair makes sense?

Joe, Keith (no), Jeremy (no), Spencer, Savage (no), Fishbach(NO).

Wentworth, Wigglesworth (doubtful), Kimmi (No), Tasha (doubtful), Abi (NO), Ciera

Some combo of Joe/Spencer and Wentworth/Ciera....

double aught
AG
Wentworth and Ciera would be awesome.
Bulldog73
AG
Cierra talked about her husband and kid a couple episodes back. So while not impossible, I would think highly unlikely.
LHIOB
AG
Spencer has a gf
salvatore_ditmars
tasha & keith for final 2
jdgilberg
AG
Jeremy and Kelley (both bonus)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Just updated the spreadsheet

With about 31 hours to go, I still need final 2 picks from:

Bobcat06
double aught
Southlake
Longhorn Nation
zap
Cris_Dishman
tall grant
txaggiefarmer05

Even if you only have 2 people left from your 4, you need to make it official and write it on the message board.

Bobcat06
AG
quote:

Bobcat06
double aught
Southlake
Longhorn Nation
zap
Cris_Dishman
tall grant
txaggiefarmer05

Even if you only have 2 people left from your 4, you need to make it official and write it on the message board.

Mine (Spentworth) is at the top of this page
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

Bobcat06
double aught
Southlake
Longhorn Nation
zap
Cris_Dishman
tall grant
txaggiefarmer05

Mine (Spentworth) is at the top of this page
Sorry! Updated now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.