***Survivor: Second Chance (Cambodia)***

49,452 Views | 617 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
jamesf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I wonder who the love connection Jeff teased us about was. Joe and pretty Kelly (or is it Kelley) makes sense.
He teased us with "a truly romantic story of love", which ended up being Savage telling the story about how he met his wife.
double aught
AG
I pick Wiggles and Spencer. Double Bonus!
Longhorn Nation
I'll go for the double bonus and stick w/Tasha & Keith.

I think Abi makes it deep as everyone knows she won't steal any jury votes, but I just can't pull that trigger.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:

I don't think you had wigglesworth in the first go around.
tallgrant
I'll take Spencer and Tasha, both with the bonus.
double aught
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't think you had wigglesworth in the first go around.
Ok, Wentworth then. Whichever Kelley I originally had.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Just looking out for you buddy
Bulldog73
AG
quote:
quote:
I wonder who the love connection Jeff teased us about was. Joe and pretty Kelly (or is it Kelley) makes sense.
He teased us with "a truly romantic story of love", which ended up being Savage telling the story about how he met his wife.
If that's it, that's highly highly disappointing. I could see maybe playing that Deats leaving was a story of love, but even that's a stretch. I think there's a love connection that will take place still.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Updated the spreadsheet with picks from yesterday afternoon/evening.

Deadline is in 10 hours, still missing picks from:

Southlake
zap
txaggiefarmer05
Cris_Dishman

So far Kelley is the overwhelming favorite pick, with 12 votes. Spencer and Jeremy have 8 each. Abi bringing up the rear with 0.
Rudyjax
AG
Kelley hasnt gotten a winner or losers edit. She just is. I have her but she aint winning.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
just fyi I'll be out of pocket for family and other commitments from about 2:45 p.m. on, but as long as you make your picks before 7:00 p.m. CDT, I'll add them to the spreadsheet. Starting to get the feeling a couple of people aren't going to make them because of their low pre-merge totals.

Was thinking survivor over last night, and came to the realization that I like the all-star seasons a lot better before the merge, and the "unknowns" seasons a lot better before the merge.

When new people are on, those first few episodes are usually golden as people realize just how out of shape, incompetent, or crazy they are.

When it's people I already know the first weeks are sort of dull, I already know 95% of their personalities. It's only when they go post-merge that you really start seeing who is here to play, and who has really learned from past failures.

Really enjoying the second-chance format, although I'd still love an All-Champions All-Star season. There have been 30 seasons, if you got 20 people to commit, it'd be epic.

My other dream would be a 2-on-2 format matching Russell Hantz and Coach vs Tony and Phillip Shepherd.
salvatore_ditmars
quote:

My other dream would be a 2-on-2 format matching Russell Hantz and Coach vs Tony and Phillip Shepherd.
LHIOB
AG
Or just Coach vs Phillip. For 39 days.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Wentworth
Keith

Zap already picked wentworth and keith.
salvatore_ditmars
hantz & coach vs tony and phillip could be a spinoff. i would watch them play 2 on 2 basketball, watch them try to flip houses, watch them try to turn junky cars into fancy hot rods. put them into an MTV style challenge. lets make this happen.
zap
AG
quote:
quote:
Wentworth
Keith

Zap already picked wentworth and keith.
Thanks, homie
txaggiefarmer05
AG
I'll take Jeremy and spencer.
LHIOB
AG
Awesome!!!!
gravy97
AG
How did splitting the vote not occur to any of the big group.... Well played wentworth.... And even more impressive that she never told anyone she has the idol
AcctAg11
AG
Haha they got cocky. Well played, Kelly. I liked the foreshadowing when Savage said "well, I didn't end this time." Perfect.

I hope Joe stays in for a long time. He will keep winning. As soon as he doesnt, he goes home, and then I think Spencer will be the top challenge competitor. Hoping for Spencer to win it all!
LHIOB
AG
Sure Kelley may go next week but that was so great. Savage was actually Ok with making a move so it kinda sucks for him but they were cocky.

Now the girls need to scramble and put something together to take out another power player.

Need the Kelley to hang around for eye candy reasons but she made the move of the game so far. The look on their faces was priceless. Espically Jeremy.
Pro Ag
AG
Savage tried to combat Cierra's BS and I am surprised people didn't rally on that comment. I was wanting someone to go along those lines to just say at least they know where they stood in the larger group and having no clue with the Cierra group.

I also don't see why they would vote Wentworth before Cierra. She seems to grate on so many folks.

That said, it was a fun episode.
Quinn
AG
Ciera is annoying as hell. She says she wants to play, but doesn't do anything besides yell at tribal. Do something so you have a plan rather than complaining about no one playing with you.

Great episode, but big missed opportunity by Joe and Savage by not knocking out Fish (main guy targeting Alphas).

Glad Wentworth is sticking around, but wish they had voted out Ciera.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Not surprisingly major shake-ups in the standings tonight, with a couple of people hitting double digits by having Joe + Kelley

1) CheeseSndwch 40.5
LHIOB 40.5
Ronnie 40.5
Quinn 40.5

5) MooreTrucker 40
TheSheik 40

7) gravy97 39.5
8) Longhorn Nation 38.5
9) double aught 37.5
10) AcctAg11 37
MuckRaker96 37

12) zap 36
13) kpaggie05 34.5
14) txaggiefarmer05 34
15) Bobcat06 33.5
16) Pro Ag 33

17) hurleyag 31
Unthought Known 31
tallgrant 31

20) jdgilberg 29.5
21) Moxie 26.5
salvatore_ditmars 26.5

23) BlackLab 25
24) ChipFTAC01 24.5
25) tx1c 22

hurleyag
AG
I also don't understand why they didn't split the vote. I want to agree with the false confidence, but the previous council the were adamant about it.

And it's not like at least one person didn't know there were idols in play, Jeremy has one. Surely he could have insisted on splitting without giving away he has one.

Also I actually agree with Jeremy not wanting to vote Fish. He knows that as long as Joe's name is getting thrown around, there is less chance Jeremy's name will be brought up.
Longhorn Nation
quote:
How did splitting the vote not occur to any of the big group....
Over the years there have been some pretty bone-headed moves, but this one just makes no sense. No HII has not been played all year - they have to know that they're still out there and the possibility existed that Kelley had one. Did they think one (or more) of their 9 was not 100% on-board and that's why they didn't split the votes. Did they discuss splitting the vote and it was a creative edit not to show that discussion?
So the girls now need to swing 3 people over to them. The 2 most likely targets seem to be Fishback & Spencer. It will be interesting to see who realizes they're at the bottom of their current alignment and makes the jump.
And 1 request for Probst - can you please put a bag over Kass' head for the next tribal council?
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
I agree, I'm worried about him. He's either out in the next couple of weeks or makes it to the end.

I was just looking for a value pick. Need to make up some ground.

Well, I did a great job of stepping on my ****.

Que cera.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
I agree, I'm worried about him. He's either out in the next couple of weeks or makes it to the end.

I was just looking for a value pick. Need to make up some ground.

Well, I did a good job stepping on my ****.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Yes, Jeremy at least should have had the idea that she might have an idol solely because of how he acquired his - a clue leading to an idol at an immunity challenge. But the fact that she told absolutely no one, which Jeremy has also smartly done, probably made it seem a lot less likely she had one - consider that Kimmi and Wigglesworth both voted for her as well, the other alliance probably sounded them out asking if they suspected her of having one, before going all in.

Was genuinely surprised by Savage's behavior upon getting voted out. Guy was taking the game more seriously than anyone except maybe Fischback, and then he acts like all the meanies were mean to him! I'll flip you off, that'll show you! Way to class it up on TV, bro.

Really enjoying Jeremy's game. He's taken his same strategy from the first go-round and internalized it; so that all the thoughts and schemes he was telling his alliance last time, he's playing tight to the vest this time. Using Joe as a shield is a great idea, especially because somewhere along the way, there's going to be a challenge that isn't balance and strength, and someone else will win it. But right now, nobody even talks about how big and strong and tough Jeremy is because Joe is Captain America out there.

I think the next episode will really define some things, as it seems like you've got:

Alliance #1 - Jeremy, Tasha, Spencer
Alliance #2 - Wentworth, Cierra, Abi
Seems like they vote together - Kimmi & Wigglesworth
Free Agent: Joe
Wants to do something big: Fischy

If Fischback was actually that smart, he would go to Joe and say, yes I tried to get you out, but I realize you aren't the problem here, the strong alliances are - let's knock off Jeremy/Spencer together. Fisch's problem is that when he looks at Joe, all he sees is J.T. - strong, smart, affable, makes things look effortless, basically every thing Steven is not.

quote:
And 1 request for Probst - can you please put a bag over Kass' head for the next tribal council?

A muzzle as well.

ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Not surprisingly major shake-ups in the standings tonight, with a couple of people hitting double digits by having Joe + Kelley

1) CheeseSndwch 40.5
LHIOB 40.5
Ronnie 40.5
Quinn 40.5

5) MooreTrucker 40
TheSheik 40

7) gravy97 39.5
8) Longhorn Nation 38.5
9) double aught 37.5
10) AcctAg11 37
MuckRaker96 37

12) zap 36
13) kpaggie05 34.5
14) txaggiefarmer05 34
15) Bobcat06 33.5
16) Pro Ag 33

17) hurleyag 31
Unthought Known 31
tallgrant 31

20) jdgilberg 29.5
21) Moxie 26.5
salvatore_ditmars 26.5

23) BlackLab 25
24) ChipFTAC01 24.5
25) tx1c 22

I think Gravy should have 40. 33 last week + Joe's 5.5 (1.5+2.5+1.5) + Spencer's 1.5

Unknown thought should have 33. 28 last week + Wentsworth's 5 (1.5+0+3.5) + Savage's 0.

Everything else looks fine.
BlackLab
AG
quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Savage was loving everything about his position in the game and it all came crashing down thanks to Kelley Wentworth's hidden immunity idol. We saw whooping and cheering on one side, and disbelief on the other, complete with Abi sassing Andrew and him giving her the finger on his way out. Take us through the scene being there with all that conflicting emotion.

JEFF PROBST: You summed it up pretty well conflicting emotion. This game is being played at a high level and unlike say, a football game, the animosity in Survivor can be very personal. So when you are blindsided, which is the case in most Tribals, it stings. Sometimes it stings a lot. This one probably left a mark on Savage. Savage came in with a very clear agenda rewrite history. The first time he played, he was truly caught off guard with a twist that nobody would have predicted. This time he just got caught in great game play.

It's a testament to how much a part of the tapestry he was that they targeted him as the one who would do the most damage. I would guess that he feels vindicated in terms of getting to show America how he can play this game. Only one can win, most lose. That's the truth of Survivor. The only way to win is to play big, knowing you will fail most times.

The middle finger on the way out that's just truly raw emotion. Savage had uttered the line "I just want to make the jury" and that came back to haunt him. And when it the taunt comes out of Abi's mouth, it has a bit of bite to it. I love how everybody is playing this season. I would pay good hard cash if I could guarantee this level of motivation every season.

We saw Stephen once again pushing to get rid of Joe, so it was probably wise of Joe to not take any chances and win immunity, but by winning his second straight immunity challenge, is he doing himself a disservice by marking himself as such a threat? Is there any argument whatsoever to make that he should throw a challenge or two just to take the target off himself a bit and blend into the pack?

Absolutely not. Joe is already perceived as someone who could win any and all challenges. So that perception has to be treated as reality. That's how people see him. Lying down on a challenge does him no good because the perception will be, "He could still win the next one." He has to dominate and control the game. It's his only play.

When you have an immunity challenge like this and are forced to repeatedly say things like "Joe's balls start to move," how aware are you of the snickering at home as you're saying it?

Not only am I aware, I am consciously trying to say things that sound normal but have enough innuendo to be funny or just corny. We are all in on the joke! The players, the crew, the editors and I think even the network. It's all in fun and we make sure to only include the ones that are PG.

BONUS QUESTION: Keith looked pretty good driving that tuk-tuk around? Did you try taking one for a spin while you were in Cambodia?

Yeah, like Keith said, all he needs is a Cambodian driver's license and he's set! I never did drive one. I road around in one, but that's it.

Looks like you guys are up to some new tricks next week by offering an advantage in the middle of a challenge. What can you tell us about what's on tap?

Ah, yes, that was a really fun idea that fell under the dome of "let them play." It's a big advantage. Question is: Will anybody go for it? And if they do, will it help them? Good times ahead! This season just keeps on truckin'!
hurleyag
AG
Is it possible to sabotage a different players immunity challenge? Say last night Fish knows he isn't going to win but also didn't want Joe to win; could he launch his ball at Joe's ball to try and knock it off?
Quinn
AG
Savage flipped off Abi bc she said "At least you made the jury" when he was voted out, making fun of what he said was one of his goals.

Also, Wentworth knew to play the idol bc Joe told Ciera, who told Wentworth that she was the target before tribal. That's why she made the comment about wanting to work with who Probst told her to call out. This is according to Wentworth and Ciera on twitters.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

I think Gravy should have 40. 33 last week + Joe's 5.5 (1.5+2.5+1.5) + Spencer's 1.5

Unknown thought should have 33. 28 last week + Wentsworth's 5 (1.5+0+3.5) + Savage's 0.

Everything else looks fine.

I realize people are going to thumb down me and call me a p*ssy and grow a pair of balls or some skin, but why don't you just go ahead and take over being in charge of the game. Because of my work schedule I can't watch the episode until around 1130 or midnight on Wednesday nights, and I imagine it's causing me to mess up the scoring after it's over. I've started to despise coming on here the next morning and finding your prompt messages letting me know where I've messed up, it's taking the fun out of the contest for me. You seem like you have a wonderful spreadsheet in place and are very meticulous about the process, so feel free to take over, I just want to watch the show and talk about it.
Quinn
AG
Chip for scorekeeper!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.