Entertainment Board confessions

45,750 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ulrich
Mr. White
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was shocked to hear that the Rush singer was a man.

I thought the voice Axl used for Mr. Brownstone, It's So Easy, etc. was actually another member of the band and that he was the coolest person on Earth.

I thought the speeder bike scene from ROTJ was filmed across the street from my daycare.
Pahdz
I enjoyed the sitcom "Whitney"
Bruce Almighty
AG
When I was a kid, I thought the bad guy in Karate Kid 3 was Steven Seagal.
RAT90
AG
I have never seen Top Gun.

What is it about?
Philip J Fry
AG
Took me 4 viewing of FOTR to realize that Merry was Pippen and vice versa.
pfo
AG
We have no interest in any of these Hobbit movies because everybody looks ugly and dirty in the advertisements.

Never seen a Harry Potter movie either. Magic kids don't do it for me.

I never saw "The Last Airbender". I figured if it was the last one then why waste time on it.

I wouldn't go see "Into the Woods" even if it won every academy award. It looks stupid and girly!

The Debt
AgLaw
AG
I watched Days of Our Lives every day during lunch my junior year in high school.

I watched Joanie Loves Chachie and Charles in Charge

Neil Young creeps me the f out.
IJones23
I hate The Eagles.
The Debt
Real confession:

1. I could never make it through Citizen Kane. I have tried 3 times. I get the cinematography. I get the significance. Just the movie is boring.

2. I didnt see American Pyscho until 3 months ago.

3. I have never read TWD comics. I was just trolling the entire time.
Madmarttigan
AG
I have not seen the Godfather.
smac12
Thought Forrest Gump was a true story until I was 17 years old.

I was watching with my Dad, and he made some comment about how much he liked the movie. And I said, "Yeah, it's even better because it's a true story." The look he gave me was pretty priceless.
KeithDB
AG
I have still never seen Gone With the Wind.
hammer_07
AG
One of my favorite theme songs is from The Young and the Restless.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Speaking of the Young and the Restless, as a counselor for fish camp, our theme was partly Fight Club so all of the DGs were named after soaps. Me being the one that just has to be different, we named ours Young and the Restless instead of dial or whatever other bars of soap everyone else used.

My confession... recent one... Just got netflix again (we tend to get it for about 4 or 5 months then kill it for the rest of the year and then pick it up again.) For some reason, one of the first movies that I added to the queue was Grease.

Also, I like Chris Gaines.

My first CD (at age 10) was New Kids on the Block.

My high school Jeep could out "thump" most of the lowriders in the parkinglot even using country music. It really pissed them off. My hearing is slightly bad now not because of shooting (always wore hearing protection) but from listening to too much loud music with that noisy jeep.

I have watched Jurassic Park so many times that I have put the movie on mute and quoted the whole thing from start to finish.

I was in percussion in band. I can't play the drums to save my life but was a badass on melodics.
et98
AG
I'm a huge Milli Vanilli fan. I realize they never sang their songs, but whoever did was awesome!

I've never seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies, Harry Potter movies, Avatar, or It's a Wonderful Life.

The only Disney cartoon movies I've ever seen are the Lion King and half of Bambi, but I've been to Disney World three times.

I've seen every SNL episode since 1984 at least once.

I love game shows. Pat Sajack is probably the celebrity I'd most like sit down & have a beer with. Chuck Woolery is probably in my top 5.

I know every word of every song from Mariah Carey's first 4 albums.

I kind of enjoyed "Howard the Duck."

70's guitar rock sucks.

I think Jennifer Aniston, Sandra Bullock, Allysa Milano, Kate Beckinsale, Minka Kelly, & Katy Perry are all just kind of average looking.

I think Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Uma Thurman, & Kim Kardashian are kind of ugly.
Madmarttigan
AG
I don't think you are the only one on Drew Barrymore. She is not pretty.
Bonfired
AG
I have not seen a single episode of Breaking Bad or The Wire.

If I see "Top Gun" while channel flipping, I'll watch whatever is left, if I have the time to spare.

I thought Kenny Rogers was singing about four hundred children and a crop in the field in his song "Lucille."

Mick Jagger singing "Wild Horses" and "Angie" makes me want to stab my ears with ice picks.

James Harden looks like a young Grady from "Sanford and Son."

Loved the old 70s game show reruns on GSN...Match Game being the favorite.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I think Jennifer Garner looks like a drag queen.
Short Round
1. I think No country for old men is the emperor's new clothes of movies. It's terrible and you all know it.

2. Too fast too furious is awesome

3. Loved the movie Wanted

4. Saw silence of the lambs for the first time a month ago. Boring.

5. Taylor swift has some catchy ass songs

6. I celebrate Elton johns entire catalog. But will never call him sir Elton.

IJones23
I think The Wayans Brothers is one of the best tv shows of all time.
Bruce Almighty
AG
John Wayne is the Johnny Depp of the 40s-50s. Same character in every role.
Philo B 93
I don't like Radiohead or the Foo Fighters. I never understood the hate for 80s hair bands until last year. I still love that music, but now, 23 years later, I understand why Nirvana and Pearl Jam happened.

I've never seen "A Christmas Story".

I read 6 1/2 Harry Potter books - all but the last half of the final book. I enjoyed them at first, but by the end, I just couldn't take any more.
aggiesq
AG
never seen Star Wars, though i'm of the age that should've been swept up in it when it cameout. in the whole series, I've seen part of one - the prequel that came out in around 1999. went to a theater and tried to watch it. between the lack of backstory on my part on the crowd full of overly excited star wars devotees, got about 1/3 into it and walked out. only the second movie I ever walked out of (the first being pippy longstocking when I was about 9 or 10)

Julie Roberts is not attractive

dustin Hoffman is annoying

matthew mcconaughey has become a better actor than I expected, though I find his speech annoying enough that I turn off the radio when a reliant energy commercial comes on.

true grit with jeff bridges was a lot better than true grit with john wayne. Wayne's version wasn't much different than any other of his westerns (except The Cowboys, which is awesome)
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Lonesome Dove is incredibly overrated and not this epic masterpiece people here say it is. I can name multiple western and miniseries that are significantly better.
I think the Harry potter books were poorly written and the films were actually an improvement for the most part.I wish they would remake Jurassic park based more on the novel. Like the original film but felt it was a copout.Speaking of that, I feel that Spielberg is a mediocre storyteller/director.
aggiesq
AG
quote:
Lonesome Dove is incredibly overrated and not this epic masterpiece people here say it is. I can name multiple western and miniseries that are significantly better.
I'd be interested in your list
BBQ4Me
AG
I have probably seen Robin Hood: Men in Tights more than any other movie. That movie was on TV every other day for a while
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Just off the top of my head in miniseries, band of brothers, roots, I Claudius, John Adams, from the earth to the moon and if you consider it a miniseries, true detective. and in westerns, once upon a time in the west, the good the bad and the ugly, unforgiven, treasure of the Sierra Madre, and The searchers.
Let me say that I enjoyed lonesome dove and have seen it multiple times, just didn't consider it some masterpiece. I put it on the level off open range with Kevin Costner, good but not amazing.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I think Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves is an amazing movie.
Pahdz
I liked the movie The Postman (speaking of Costner)
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I like Madonna.
The Debt
Whenever I talk about CU football, I say tatonka and put my fingers on my head.
rhoswen
AG
I too have never seen any Godfather movies. Which is weird cuz I love mob movies.

I like Taylor Swift, but Katy Perry makes me want to stab my eardrums out with a chopstick

I love juvenile fiction movies... twilight, divergent, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, etc.

Every Halloween I watch Hocus Pocus, every Christmas I watch Home Alone, every Paddy's Day I watch Boondocks Saints and/or Braveheart, and every 4th of July I watch the musical 1776, which I love.
Aust Ag
AG
I've never seen "A Christmas Story" either. And around Christmas, I get innundated with references to this movie...and I feel guilty.
Pahdz
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who hasn't seen It's a Wonderful Life or A Christmas Story. You'd think I'm in ISIS with the reactions you get when people find out you haven't seen either.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.