Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,891,958 Views | 43966 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by maroon barchetta
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love how everyone uses the Ewoks to bash on stormtroopers, when in fact it was obvious they sucked all the way back in A New Hope.

Further, you don't think it's possible that getting kicked in the side by some ninja bears can dislodge a full grown soldier from walking across a tree?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Just realized we hit 400 pages.

We did it guys!

YUB NUB!

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I love how everyone uses the Ewoks to bash on stormtroopers, when in fact it was obvious they sucked all the way back in A New Hope.
No doubt, see trooper hitting head on door on the Death Star.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, the Emperor's elite troops could not hit a wall standing three feet away, to say nothing of Bulls-eyeing womprats ...
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah, the Emperor's elite troops could not hit a wall standing three feet away, to say nothing of Bulls-eyeing womprats ...
But Kenobi said only Imperial Stormtroopers could be so precise..... Are you saying he lied?
Mac94
AG
quote:
But Kenobi said only Imperial Stormtroopers could be so precise..... Are you saying he lied?

He was just looking at things ... "from a certain point of view."
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
maybe he was being sarcastic... there were blast marks all over the place. You'd think soldiers could hit slow, unarmed jawas rather easy and not blast all over the place.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I think he was thinking back to when the Stormtroopers were clones.....the ones who wiped out the Jedis.

It's been awhile since then and the current crop of recruits resemble more Bill Murray in "Stripes" rather than "Full Metal Jacket."
twilly
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Which always begs the question if stormtroopers were this precise, then how f'in bad is the Sand People's aim?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Which always begs the question if stormtroopers were this precise, then how f'in bad is the Sand People's aim?

Bad enough to bullseye pod-racers traveling at high speeds hundreds of yards away!?!?
Chipotlemonger
AG
I've never seen anything that Felicity Jones is in. What do I need to know?
twilly
AG
quote:
quote:

Bad enough to bullseye pod-racers traveling at high speeds hundreds of yards away!?!?
You assume they hit the pod they were aiming at.
For all you know they could have been shooting at womp rats.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
She's hot.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

So basically you're saying Sand People are pretty ****ing awesome shots and the Empire ****ed up in recruiting humans instead of them? I agree.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You assume they hit the pod they were aiming at.
For all you know they could have been shooting at womp rats.
Still more successful at hitting things that Stormtroopers.
BryanAggie2013
AG
That last shot of the trailer was very "Hunger Games-esque".

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

That is a damn good point that I'd never thought about before.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Apparently she's 32?! Wow. Late bloomer. She looks 22 in this trailer. And according to Wiki, she's single. uhh, but yea...i don't know anything about her actual acting either.
3rdGen2015
AG
I was wondering why that shot looked familiar. Good call.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
That last shot of the trailer was very "Hunger Games-esque".

Don't yet dare bring that in here.
Simplebay
AG
you people

wangus12
AG
Was gonna post the same thing
twilly
AG
quote:

Still more successful at hitting things that Stormtroopers
Maybe the Tusken's aim deteriorated after 20+ years of being frightened of men in hooded cloaks?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
you people

Are we about to embark upon a Felicty vs Daisy debate?

Pics are required, of course.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
you people

I would be happy to bullseye her womprat
WestAustinAg
AG
quote:
Rey's mom? Resist the inner-Lucas urge that exists in all of us to tie together every character in the series... or not even series, universe.
Why? That's probably the most employed (overemployed?) storyline tying all the films together over the past 35 years. Sure Lucas overdid it but JJ used the exact same ploy. At this point it seems to be the only thing the masses actually want from the franchise.
redline248
AG
I also got a certain "Katniss" vibe from the main character.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Give me Daisy over Felicity.

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I say this with kindness... Take your young adult BS and

The Collective
AG
quote:

I invite you to go somewhere else for your Star Wars talk.
The Collective
AG
quote:
quote:
you people

I would be happy to bullseye her womprat

I wouldn't even mind if sand got everywhere while rolling around with her.
4stringAg
AG
Not a Star Wars die hard but like the movies and hadn't read through the thread. Is this new Rogue one set in the time between ROTS and ANH?
boogieman
AG
quote:
Not a Star Wars die hard but like the movies and hadn't read through the thread. Is this new Rogue one set in the time between ROTS and ANH?
Yes.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Immediately (as in days) before ANH.
First Page Last Page
Page 401 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.