Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,956 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Not a Star Wars die hard but like the movies and hadn't read through the thread. Is this new Rogue one set in the time between ROTS and ANH?

I kid. Yes, been answered several times today.
The Collective
AG
beat me to it.
CoachRTM
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I love how everyone uses the Ewoks to bash on stormtroopers, when in fact it was obvious they sucked all the way back in A New Hope.
No doubt, see trooper hitting head on door on the Death Star.

I've never seen this before and I can't stop laughing.
M.C. Swag
AG
haha you should watch the re-mastered version of ANH. The original had edited that part out but the newer version not only put it back in, but they even added a sound effect to it. You can clearly hear the "thud" he makes when his helmet hits the door.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Never say Lucas didn't have a sense of humor. He not only gave us the thud from the trooper smacking his head, but also the special editions. What a joker. It's almost like he and Mark Hamill were in cahoots.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Tarkin in White? It would make sense to see him this movie, and the resemblance is roughly there, though that looked like maybe a lightsaber on his belt?
Tarkin makes sense. Him being in Rebels leaves this as a good transition before he commands the Death Star.

What you thought was a lightsaber isn't on his belt. Probably something attached to the floor. Looks like a blaster case on his belt, though.

That's the brother from Bloodlines right? If so, he is an absolutely incredible actor. Good to see Star Wars is buffing up the acting chops of the cast (not meant as a slight to the other movies).
I would've had no idea that was him, but yes, great actor. Bloodline is a criminally underrated show.
agg15
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Just saw the trailer - help me understand something.
As someone that very much enjoyed TFA - why are we being introduced to a whole new set of protagonists after the 2-3 that we REALLY enjoyed last December? And Forest Whitaker? Really? I mean- you can put a cool soundtrack on a trailer and make it sound ominous, but I don't understand the direction their going. Unless the full intention is to churn out Star Wars movies every 11-12 months now because we're Disney.
I'm embarrassed that you were one of my groomsmen now.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Don't forget, Mads Mikkelsen is also in the film. I don't remember seeing him in the trailer.
TCTTS
AG
I'm just going to say it. As of right now, based solely on footage, my excitement for Rogue One > my excitement for The Force Awakens. I was obviously anticipating the mythology and story of TFA more than just about any Star Wars movie to date, but this looks EXACTLY like everything I've ever wanted from a Star Wars movie. I'm just in awe. The tone, the visuals, the cast... it's all pitch perfect. After coming away a bit underwhelmed and frustrated after a re-watch of TFA earlier this week, this makes that feel like even more of a kid's movie. Granted, it's early days yet, and there a thousand different ways this one could go wrong. But man, they've been saying Zero Dark Thirty meets Star Wars for months now, and I honestly didn't think they were really going to go there, and that it would look this beautiful. But they did, and it does. I honestly can't believe it.
agg15

I think this guy might be Kanan from Rebels...
looks like the character could be blind, looking innocent as he walks between the stormtroopers... then we see he uses the stick, but still with his eyes closed...
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

looks like the character could be blind, looking innocent as he walks between the stormtroopers... then we see he uses the stick, but still with his eyes closed...
Director has said, and has been repeated on this thread, no force users (except for Vader)
TCTTS
AG
twilly
AG

Apparently this was shot at the Canary Wharf Underground Station in London. Next time you are in England, you can ride the Tube to the Death Star.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

Apparently this was shot at the Canary Wharf Underground Station in London. Next time you are in England, you can ride the Tube to the Death Star.
Rumor is Alan Tudyk is the droid.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Give me Daisy over Felicity.

Good. I'll take Felicity
jbanda
AG
Confirmed.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/07/rogue-one-teaser-trailer-focuses-death-star-takedown-team
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

Director has said, and has been repeated on this thread, no force users (except for Vader)

Seems interesting they'd choose to use a variation on the Force Theme for this teaser.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Some people saying she becomes Phasma because of the last shot. I doubt it, but worth mentioning I guess.
hunter2012
AG
I just caught that they teased Vader's theme(imperial march) at the end of the trailer. I count that as "Vader is present".
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Seems interesting they'd choose to use a variation on the Force Theme for this teaser.

Why? It's an easily recognizable theme of the franchise and the force is in all living things in the GFFA.... to varying degrees. Ackbar - not a force user- even said "May the force be with us" in ROTJ.
scubasteve304
AG
If I was Maybelline I would release a cosmetic called Rouge One to capitalize right now since people are gonna spell it like that half the time anyway.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Didn't say they were wrong to do so. Just interesting.
dave94
AG
I loved the music selection in the trailer. Just enough to tie it in so it FEELS like Star Wars, but there's definitely an air of "newness" to what we're seeing.
oragator
Another " let's destroy the Death Star movie"!

Yay!
Joe Exotic
AG
Another female lead that's independent and rebellious? What a groundbreaking idea.
agg15
I'm aware,
I just don't know many characters that could be surrounded by storm-troopers and defeat them easily with a walking stick unless he is force sensitive or half Ewok... and I do not think Disney would go there with the Ewoks...
I see a guy that looks blind
I know Rebels will be at mid season when Rouge One comes out
and I've heard of directors lying to keep things unexpected
redline248
AG
quote:
Some people saying she becomes Phasma because of the last shot. I doubt it, but worth mentioning I guess.

Debatable if it's worth mentioning, even.

Ain't no way Phasma is a 60+ year old trooper.
3rdGen2015
AG
I will personally guarantee that the Death Star will still be there at the end of the movie
redline248
AG
quote:
Another " let's destroy the Death Star movie"!

Yay!

Troll? I say troll.
Duncan Idaho
Oh good, the R&P and politics posters are stopping by
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I will personally guarantee that the Death Star will still be there at the end of the movie

It is like you People have missed the last 10 pages.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I just caught that they teased Vader's theme(imperial march) at the end of the trailer. I count that as "Vader is present".
Vader is absolutely, 100% in the movie. And in more than just a cameo capacity, apparently.
cr0wbar
AG
GD you
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Another female lead that's independent and rebellious? What a groundbreaking idea.

There are Seven archetypes that any story is based on. Seems like a weird thing to complain about, especially since they don't seem to be trying to make a statement about her being a woman, and they definitely never talked about how Rey couldn't do things because she was a woman.

But if it really bothers you, who knows, she might not even be the main character. Most people thought Finn was going to be the new Jedi in TFA, and it turned out to be a marketing trick.
First Page Last Page
Page 402 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.