Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,698 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I loved the music selection in the trailer. Just enough to tie it in so it FEELS like Star Wars, but there's definitely an air of "newness" to what we're seeing.
I don't know if it's so much newness as much as it is a breath of fresh air. This just on a totally different level in terms of tone in contrast to how pretty much how I think all the normal episodes/trilogy films have been presented. I wonder if the music in the trailer was done specifically for the trailer, and if the music in the trailer was done my Alexandre Desplat. I really liked the darker, foreboding tone the music gave.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

One thing's for sure, Vader will definitely not be showing up at this battle. Cause of, you know, all the sand.
AgMarauder04
AG
The opening piano was amazing.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

One thing's for sure, Vader will definitely not be showing up at this battle. Cause of, you know, all the sand.

Are you saying that dale gribble could take Vader down with his pocket sand?

oragator
quote:
I will personally guarantee that the Death Star will still be there at the end of the movie

Spoiler alert?

I will admit it, when I heard the theme music in the trailer it's like a visceral reaction that goes off, it's instantly the greatest thing ever.
But this will now be the 4th of the last 5 movies sequentially where the Death Star is the central focus. At some point a new idea would be nice; especially on the heels of episode 7 being little more than a glorified reboot of 4 (even if it was an entertaining movie). I am seeing the series fall into unoriginality, which would be terrible considering the original essentially was groundbreaking enough to legitimize a genre, help redefine what action movies were among other things - I'm starting to get a Rocky series vibe in what they are doing. For all of the faults of the prequels, at least they tried to open up different parts of the Star Wars universe. This team isn't even trying.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's literally a movie about stealing the Death Star plans. You can't exactly set the movie on a beach.

Wait..
M.C. Swag
AG
The music in that trailer was actually pretty dope
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
HD screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/WxxE1
hunter2012
AG
quote:

Cue the comparison of the trailer to:

For the record I liked the prequel trilogy, Hayden's acting was fine but his chemistry with Portman is what ruined it for most people. Take out their romance and the movies are actually decent(minus Jar Jar).
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Hahahah
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Word.
jbanda
AG
I mean, James Earl Jones is still alive...
Tomdoss92
AG
leaked screencap not HD unfortunately:

Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

I didn't see him on the IMDB cast page, but then again it could be being kept under wraps.

One can hope!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Duncan Idaho
You forgot to take out the midi-chlorians and the tax talk and the horrible shot composition, the overall clumsiness of the plot, the pointlessness of the pod racing scene, ......

maybe you should trying spinning I hear it's a good trick
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
And still doing the voice too.

"I don't fear you."

"Then you will die braver than most."
hunter2012
AG
quote:
leaked screencap not HD unfortunately:

Great skit

wangus12
AG

Maybe this is Mads Mikkelson's character
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG

Also, I don't see how this can be interpreted as anything other than a disguise (she's a bloody spy) while she is trying to escape the death star via a Tie
TCTTS
AG
It's not. Mads is playing an Oppenheimer-like character who had a significant role in designing the Death Star.
TCTTS
AG
See my post on the previous page.
wangus12
AG
And that's why I keep you around with all your insider info
jabberwalkie09
AG

quote:
Also, I don't see how this can be interpreted as anything other than a disguise (she's a bloody spy) while she is trying to escape the death star via a Tie
I don't think that's a TIE pilot uniform. It's something new.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
You forgot to take out the midi-chlorians and the tax talk and the horrible shot composition, the overall clumsiness of the plot, the pointlessness of the pod racing scene, ......

maybe you should trying spinning I hear it's a good trick

So basically episode 1, I'll admit that was a bad movie if you say 2 and 3 are better than the crap that people give it. Some just love to hate.

I would also like to point out that the lightsaber battle in 1 almost redeems the movie by itself. Who doesn't love Duel of the Fates?
wangus12
AG
I don't think it is either, but it definitely looks like a pilots outfit
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

quote:
Looks the same to me

Look specifically at the belt area.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apparently they got the same actress for Mon Mothma from Episode III. (Scene was deleted.)

jabberwalkie09
AG

Courtesy of MSW. http://makingstarwars.net/2016/04/official-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-teaser-poster/
InternetFan02
AG
The prequel trilogy never happened (unless referencing for comic relief). Rogue One is the only prequel. I don't see how they can screw this up. They can't.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
Looks the same to me
It's different from pretty much everything that has been established to this point. Even in Rebels.

Baron Valen Rudor^ in "Empire Day" I believe.

The belt is different, and she has stuff on her back that no other pilots in the franchise have had. Not saying it isn't, just saying that I don't think it is and that it is a different and new uniform.
Duncan Idaho
No I just got bored with the post before I got to the other movies.

There is nothing redeeming about them. Maul was the one thing that didn't suck and then theyou keep bringing him back from the dead, so he is ruined as well.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
The prequel trilogy never happened (unless referencing for comic relief). Rogue One is the only prequel. I don't see how they can screw this up. They can't.
Disney be like:

The Collective
AG
quote:

I see what they did there.
First Page Last Page
Page 403 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.