Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,919 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
lol I wasn't "hoping" or "predicting" she's Rey's Mom, but its a question you have to ask.

I didn't intend for it to come across that way. It's more me thinking out loud, please don't do it, Lucasfilm.
HeadGames
AG
quote:
quote:
Rey's mom? Resist the inner-Lucas urge that exists in all of us to tie together every character in the series... or not even series, universe.
lol I wasn't "hoping" or "predicting" she's Rey's Mom, but its a question you have to ask. IF they were going to relate this movie to TFA, how would they do it? This would definitely be near the top of that list.

Maybe "rogue" builds BB-8 to help her slave mother around the house, or Help the bounty hunters fight the 5 AT-ATs. That's the tie in!!
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Rey's mom? Resist the inner-Lucas urge that exists in all of us to tie together every character in the series... or not even series, universe.
lol I wasn't "hoping" or "predicting" she's Rey's Mom, but its a question you have to ask. IF they were going to relate this movie to TFA, how would they do it? This would definitely be near the top of that list.
I don't think they would do this though, they're going to leave the major reveals to the saga movies. If anything, we'll see an ace pilot named Dameron.
I agree. Just speculating is all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not really one myself, but pretty sure most HP fans are over 20, no?
amercer
AG
So will anyone from Rebels make an appearance?
jeffk
AG
quote:

Loads of kids still read the books and watch the movies.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I doubt anyone from Rebels makes an appearance in the film. I do think we will get a cameo in season 3 next year for a character in Rogue One though.
AliasMan02
AG
Poe's mother, Shara Bey, and his father, Kes Dameron, didn't join the Alliance until after the Battle of Yavin.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
I doubt anyone from Rebels makes an appearance in the film. I do think we will get a cameo in season 3 next year for a character in Rogue One though.
Jyn is definitely an Ezra like character, sans force abilities.
3rdGen2015
AG
Didn't know that, thanks
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
I was 10 yrs old when the first HP book was published. Read it when I was 11 (the same age Harry was in the story) and grew up with the novels. I'm 27 now and still like the books/movies. Not sure if I'd be willing to re-invest back into the world with a new set of characters though.
amercer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or is she?
Duncan Idaho
Not really all of myour ne8ces and nephew's have read them . The only reason I mentioned it is because they did a fantastic job of making an immersive experience and I really hope Disney takes some cues from it as they build the new parks.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

That would be awesome
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or is she?
Wasn't this movie made with the intention of leaving the force and force users out? At least as the main plot goes?
dave94
AG
quote:

All of this.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Wasn't this movie made with the intention of leaving the force and force users out? At least as the main plot goes?
Edwards has been pretty adamant that there are no Jedi (or Jedi like) characters to save the day in the film from the outset. He hasn't said anything about dark side users AFAIK.
jr15aggie
AG
So Disney is cramming another female lead down our throat, eh! Now just make her a lesbian and the liberal femnazi's will have officially won!

I kid, I kid... this looks really good and I don't mind another female lead. Rey was an awesome choice for TFA and they no doubt nailed this cast too. And we all know Vader will steal the show anyhow (of course he is in this!). It's not the only reason, but the main reason for choosing this time period for their first spin-off is Vader. One of the most iconic movie characters of all time and Disney loves selling merchandise!!!
Simplebay
AG
per reddit and the french subtitles, her name is JYN ERSO
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

These guys are gonna be LEGIT.
jbanda
AG
Alan Tudyk is in this movie but in a motion capture role. WASH REBORN AS A DROID.
HeadGames
AG
Lots of cool things I saw when I was constantly pausing the trailer.

Crashed X-wing with an imperial guard looking at it. It's in the background of the ip-man scene.

Storm troopers are on a tank like weapon.

Grand Moff looks to enjoy fighting

A scene where people are running with what appears to be a battle droid from the prequels.

Definitely moister vaporators
Duncan Idaho
I am glad to see that Disney is working to maintain the great strides it made with increasing the diversity and inclusion of the cast with tfa. But the lack of alien diversity is desturbing/redstone.
HeadGames
AG
quote:

Dark troopers?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elite_dark_trooper
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

That is some damn good casting.
HeadGames
AG
quote:
I am glad to see that Disney is working to maintain the great strides it made with increasing the diversity and inclusion of the cast with tfa. But the lack of alien diversity is desturbing/redstone.

There are like 5 different storm troopers in this one
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:

This definitely looks badass but my only issue is, why did we not see these guys any time in the OT?
The Collective
AG
quote:

Definitely moister vaporators

Any power converters?
The Collective
AG
quote:

c/lol
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

There are like 5 different storm troopers in this one

The empire is know for limitING the ranks of storm trooper to humans alone. So all your example shoes is that there are 5 different ways the empire can tyrannically rule ovet an alien population. /redstone
M.C. Swag
AG
Because George Lucas didn't even try to make the storm troopers menacing or capable foot soldiers at all. In fact, I think he hates them.

Yep, he hates them.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Because George Lucas didn't even try to make the storm troopers menacing or capable foot soldiers at all. In fact, I think he hates them.

Yep, he hates them.
LOL yeah...

Anyways, back to R1. I knew that the actress playing Mothma looked a lot like the one from ROTJ, but I am just shocked at how she looks nearly IDENTICAL.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just realized we hit 400 pages.

We did it guys!

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

Yep, he hates them.
LOL yeah...

Anyways, back to R1. I knew that the actress playing Mothma looked a lot like the one from ROTJ, but I am just shocked at how she looks nearly IDENTICAL.
I thought they grabbed the original and CGI'd her like Michael Douglas in Ant Man.
First Page Last Page
Page 400 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.