Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,553 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Both Rogue One and Rouge One are trending on twitter. Lol.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
Why are the rogue squadron commandos not flying, and why the heck are they like a strange rag tag team of OVERWEIGHT bounty hunters with cains and swords? Guess I'll have to find out like the rest of y'all.

I don't think they are Rogue squadron. Looks like just some recruited street criminals. The name of the movie doesn't = Rogue squadron.

Isn't rogue one just the call sign for the squad leader?

Which is what I would guses is the pilot we see in the command room
Star Wars continues to use "leader"

"Red Leader"
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Isn't rogue one just the call sign for the squad leader?
Rogue is the squadron name, which I believe is first mentioned in ESB.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
So in watching that three more times, it is clear that the opening shots are at the Rebel base on Yavin IV. There are obviously shots on the Death Star. But I am pretty sure I saw a moisture vaporator in one of the shots ... could we be returning to Tatooine? I have read that Biggs Darklighter may be a character in this, certainly fits the time line.

I loved hearing that warning siren.

I am looking more forward to this than I ever was to TFA.
Duncan Idaho
I be over here in the corner
wangus12
AG
I just said that earlier!
redline248
AG
Is the warning siren the same as the one used in Jedi when the Deathstar 2 was blowing up?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
I just said that earlier!
Sorry I missed it in the 400 pages of this thread.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I have read that Biggs Darklighter may be a character in this, certainly fits the time line.
If you are referring to the guy (Diego Luna's character) half chuckling at Jyn's response to Mothma, I'm not sure that is Biggs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
So in watching that three more times, it is clear that the opening shots are at the Rebel base on Yavin IV. There are obviously shots on the Death Star. But I am pretty sure I saw a moisture vaporator in one of the shots ... could we be returning to Tatooine? I have read that Biggs Darklighter may be a character in this, certainly fits the time line.

I loved hearing that warning siren.

I am looking more forward to this than I ever was to TFA.
I bet it's that planet with the palm trees. Probably not Tatooine. I hope not, anyway.
HeadGames
AG
quote:
My guess, after seeing the trailer, is it's basically referring to the character. She says "I rebel," which could be interpreted as she's a rogue. Doesn't play by anyone's rules.

This would make more sense. So she prolly dies, and they name a squadron after her? I like this idea, I can get behind that.
Duncan Idaho
I literally lol'd on that.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
and before a few minutes ago, I never realized how much I wanted to see the Ip Man beat the sh*t out of stormtroopers.

Now, that's all I can think about. I really wish Abrams hadn't wasted the cast of The Raid in TFA; looks like they'd have been awesome in this.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Is the warning siren the same as the one used in Jedi when the Deathstar 2 was blowing up?

I think so. Wasn't it also going off when Vader landed on the death star in ROTJ?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Luna could BE Biggs.
redline248
AG
quote:
Luna could BE Biggs.

Unlikely

The Collective
AG
Disney is as cold as ice...
quote:
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood just debuted to the public.

After 2 1/2 years of construction, Wizarding World is having its grand opening today. Times staffers are there to bring you the details. Leading up to that, a red carpet event and celebration Tuesday included several actors from the "Harry Potter" films, plus fireworks and a performance by the L.A. Philharmonic.

jeffk
AG
Rogue One is the loneliest number.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
and before a few minutes ago, I never realized how much I wanted to see the Ip Man beat the sh*t out of stormtroopers.

Now, that's all I can think about. I really wish Abrams hadn't wasted the cast of The Raid in TFA; looks like they'd have been awesome in this.
I don't think they were wasted, per se. I believe the original intent from the get go was simply a cameo appearance. I do think their casting was intentionally embellished, however.
redline248
AG
Also, regarding Biggs, he's just a guy that joined up from a backwater planet. Not likely he'd be in on the secret mission...especially when by the time Luke joins up he's like "WTF" when they show the Deathstar to the pilots.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Disney is as cold as ice...
quote:
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood just debuted to the public.

After 2 1/2 years of construction, Wizarding World is having its grand opening today. Times staffers are there to bring you the details. Leading up to that, a red carpet event and celebration Tuesday included several actors from the "Harry Potter" films, plus fireworks and a performance by the L.A. Philharmonic.

On a side note, if you have kids that are Harry potter fsns, I cant recommend the Orlando Wizarding world enougj.

I hope Disney gets the star wars one half as right.
wangus12
AG
I'd be cool with Biggs being it, but I wouldn't want him to be a main part of the story.
wangus12
AG
Don't see how you can't be excited for this. An actual war movie in Star Wars
Duncan Idaho
Screw biggs, I want to see porkins
jeffk
AG
A skinny Porkins before he coped with the loss of his fellow pilots by nearly eating himself out of his cockpit.
jbanda
AG
Screw Porkins, he was a corrupt cop!

twilly
AG
Porkins was also a lying, sneaky federal agent before the war.

Top men my a$$.
amercer
AG
quote:
quote:

What are the odds she is Rey's mom?
The thought crossed my mind as soon as I heard her talking

+1
The Collective
AG
Rey's mom? Resist the inner-Lucas urge that exists in all of us to tie together every character in the series... or not even series, universe.
3rdGen2015
AG
SO PUMPED. This is going to be awesome.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Rey's mom? Resist the inner-Lucas urge that exists in all of us to tie together every character in the series.
This is kinda how I feel. Just give us new characters. Don't try and tie this in via family to the other films
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Rey's mom? Resist the inner-Lucas urge that exists in all of us to tie together every character in the series... or not even series, universe.
lol I wasn't "hoping" or "predicting" she's Rey's Mom, but its a question you have to ask. IF they were going to relate this movie to TFA, how would they do it? This would definitely be near the top of that list.
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
quote:
lol I wasn't "hoping" or "predicting" she's Rey's Mom, but its a question you have to ask. IF they were going to relate this movie to TFA, how would they do it? This would definitely be near the top of that list.
I don't think they would do this though, they're going to leave the major reveals to the saga movies. If anything, we'll see an ace pilot named Dameron.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 399 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.