Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,618 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Emperor?

I hope not.
So you dislike Mon Mothma, the Emperor... what else? Vader? Luke?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
All supports my theory that moving forward they're pretending the prequels never happened and leaves the door open for reboots.
Just because they don't reference the events much doesn't mean anything. Prequels are canon. They won't be rebooted. Never gonna change.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
Tarkin in White? It would make sense to see him this movie, and the resemblance is roughly there, though that looked like maybe a lightsaber on his belt?
Tarkin makes sense. Him being in Rebels leaves this as a good transition before he commands the Death Star.

What you thought was a lightsaber isn't on his belt. Probably something attached to the floor. Looks like a blaster case on his belt, though.

That's the brother from Bloodlines right? If so, he is an absolutely incredible actor. Good to see Star Wars is buffing up the acting chops of the cast (not meant as a slight to the other movies).
wangus12
AG
Part of me is almost more excited for this than last year.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
quote:
Emperor?

I hope not.
So you dislike Mon Mothma, the Emperor... what else? Vader? Luke?

I like the emporer just fine. I just think he wouldn't be needed in this movie.

The scenes with Hitler are typically the weakest parts of a good ww2 movie. They always seemed forced or break the pacing.

I think the same would the case here.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Part of me is almost more excited for this than last year.
Right there with you. I think my excitement is DIFFERENT.
rhutton125
AG
This did nothing for me..? Maybe I'm the only one that hates teasers.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I sort of disagree with you, just because wasn't Vader basically kind of considered a freak at this point in time? They kind of consider him this weird member of a fringe religion at this point right?
Duncan Idaho
I like Luke just fine.
I loved Vader in star wars and empire, indifferent tof him in jedi. Wanted him to die in I, wanted him to die in II and was just bored with him in III.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
yes and I saw zero references to the prequels in that trailer. Watching the documentary attached to the force awakens I recall zero references to the prequels as it was chock full of nostalgia and tributes to the original trilogy. And in the force awakens there were maybe a few obscure references to prequel stuff, like Maz mentioning the Sith in a line. All supports my theory that moving forward they're pretending the prequels never happened and leaves the door open for reboots.
There's zero reason to reference them to begin with since this is going to feed directly into the beginning of A New Hope (aka: ANH, Episode IV). Sith existed during the OT in Sidious and Vader. They just weren't named in the films as such. TFA having references to the OT makes sense since it was a hand off of sorts to the new heroes of the ST. Kylo did mention a clone army, but I think it would be a stretch to tie that back to the Clone Wars.

They still exist, there just isn't a reason to reference them at this point in time that I can see.
Flashdiaz
AG
and we'll probably see R2 and Threepio at the end like TFA.
The Collective
AG
quote:
The scenes with Hitler are typically the weakest parts of a good ww2 movie. They always seemed forced or break the pacing.

But one of the best parts in the Last Crusade.
redline248
AG
quote:
Well, internet, I am behind on this but HOLY ****! The trailer was better than I expected.

Is the AT-AT shot on Geonosis?

Not with all that water and those palm trees
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Do you not like war movies?
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I sort of disagree with you, just because wasn't Vader basically kind of considered a freak at this point in time? They kind of consider him this weird member of a fringe religion at this point right?

I hope you are right but my gut says it is a bad idea to include the emporer. Vader would much more effective as a plot device
Jim01
AG
Yeah the Rogue One trailer started giving me tingles with the music, but then was pretty meh. Not sure I like Felicity Jones or Forrest Whitaker in this. Forrest in particular looked cheesy.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

There is something broken inside of you if this didn't excite something in you.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Not with all that water and those palm trees

Yea, I should have edited my initial reaction... I just saw SAND (chuckle) on my first time watching and made that comment. Then, I watched back and things were a bit more tropical.
COOL LASER FALCON
This is my understanding. That he was sort of The Emperor's personal wrecking crew and was outside of the general chain of command. I'm pretty wary of them putting things in from the original trilogy, but if they go this route with Vader, I think it could be awesome.
M.C. Swag
AG

What are the odds she is Rey's mom?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
This is my understanding. That he was sort of The Emperor's personal wrecking crew and was outside of the general chain of command. I'm pretty wary of them putting things in from the original trilogy, but if they go this route with Vader, I think it could be awesome.

I would love to see the Force Unleashed-style Vader wrecking shop in open battle. Like this, but as Vader versus the Rebels.

redline248
AG
quote:

The thought crossed my mind as soon as I heard her talking
HeadGames
AG
I know it's just a teaser, so I can't hate on it too much.

Liked
The classic star destroyer looked just like ANH
Liked the AT-ATs
Liked Mon, General Organa, and the old officer/moff uniforms
Liked the T-21 rifles.

What I absolutely hated
Why are the rogue squadron commandos not flying, and why the heck are they like a strange rag tag team of OVERWEIGHT bounty hunters with cains and swords? Guess I'll have to find out like the rest of y'all.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I have been blown away! 39 years after the first release of ANH, it appears we are finally getting a full-blown Star WARS movie. All the others had war as a backdrop. The best scenes in that trailer were the walkers on the beach and I loved the weapons array dropping into place on the first Death Star while that Star Destroyer was coming out of the shadow.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
What are the odds that this movie ends with most of the characters dead and a dying Jones handing over the plans to a young Princess? That'd be kind of a shocking ending to a SW film and not at all what anyone would expect. I doubt Disney would allow that, though.

(After typing this, my first thought was: how funny would it be if a dying Jones hands the plans to a young Princess and whispers "Earn this...." before passing away?
Duncan Idaho
quote:

And having the emporer on screen wouldn't be needed for that.

The emporer was much more effective as a story telling device as shadowy figure than he was in any of the throne room scenes
redline248
AG

quote:
Why are the rogue squadron commandos not flying, and why the heck are they like a strange rag tag team of OVERWEIGHT bounty hunters with cains and swords? Guess I'll have to find out like the rest of y'all.

I don't think they are Rogue squadron. Looks like just some recruited street criminals. The name of the movie doesn't = Rogue squadron.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

Low. We continue to hear that the main story of Star Wars is the story of the Skywalker Family.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

quote:

I don't think they are Rogue squadron. Looks like just some recruited street criminals. The name of the movie doesn't = Rogue squadron.
I'm definitely curious as to the name. Maybe this operation is what triggers naming the squadron "Rogue?"
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

Low. We continue to hear that the main story of Star Wars is the story of the Skywalker Family.
This character can be Rey's mom, and Rey still be a Skywalker. She looks about the same age as Luke. Of course, she'll have to survive the movie, which is probably a pretty big IF.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

quote:

Isn't rogue one just the call sign for the squad leader?

Which is what I would guses is the pilot we see in the command room
redline248
AG
My guess, after seeing the trailer, is it's basically referring to the character. She says "I rebel," which could be interpreted as she's a rogue. Doesn't play by anyone's rules.
SwigAg11
AG
Except Rogue doesn't become the squadron call sign till after Yavin.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
My guess, after seeing the trailer, is it's basically referring to the character. She says "I rebel," which could be interpreted as she's a rogue. Doesn't play by anyone's rules.
That makes sense. I wonder what the "One" is for? We will learn, I'm sure.
First Page Last Page
Page 398 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.