Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,399 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/01/12/box-office-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-is-the-first-1-billion-disappointment/#709b20b91308

https://deadline.com/2020/01/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-crossing-1-billion-global-jumanji-the-next-level-1917-dolitttle-international-box-office-1202828073/

Interesting BO info:

1. Fourth week of release, still not topped 1 billion worldwide, but it will within the next day or so.

2. Domestic BO may finish around that of Rogue One, possibly even lower.

3. Final WW BO will finish below $1.2B
TROS has made $478 million in 23 days.
Rogue One made $532 million in 149 days.

How is it going to finish lower than Rogue One?

wangus12
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Uh, why does Anakin have a red lightsaber in the Revenge of the Sith poster?
wangus12
AG
Hey I didn't make it
fig96
AG
I LOVE that Rise of Skywalker poster.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
How you know you're raising your kids right:

One of my twin daughters has the flu and is home from school today. I was sitting with her on the couch when she says, "Daddy, you kind of have big ears. You look like Nien Nunb."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Uh, why does Anakin have a red lightsaber in the Revenge of the Sith poster?
And Luke looks like Ach-To Luke in TLJ instead of his force projection version.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That's straight from TLJ production art book.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/taika-waititi-courted-star-wars-movie-1269996

veryfuller
Staff
AG
I LOVE Taika, but I hope he says no. He's already doing Thor 4, and working on The Mandalorian. I want him to be able to keep making his own stuff too and not be wrapped up in all the franchises.
TCTTS
AG
He can do it all. Have you seen his output lately? He followed Ragnarok with Jojo Rabbit (which he wrote/directed), directed the season one finale of The Mandalorian, shot a role in Free Guy, is currently directing Next Goal Wins (which he also wrote), and is then following that with Thor: Love and Thunder. I guarantee you he fits another writer/director passion project in before Star Wars, as he seems more skilled than just about anyone at jumping back and forth between franchise and passion projects, and doing so quickly. The dude is everywhere.
Saxsoon
AG
I am on board for this
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
IG-11: The Early Years
Gangnam Style
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

C@LAg said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/01/12/box-office-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-is-the-first-1-billion-disappointment/#709b20b91308

https://deadline.com/2020/01/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-crossing-1-billion-global-jumanji-the-next-level-1917-dolitttle-international-box-office-1202828073/

Interesting BO info:

1. Fourth week of release, still not topped 1 billion worldwide, but it will within the next day or so.

I dont think you understand how the box office works. It's earning around $1 mil/day now and will drop under $1mil/day after this week. Most are projecting it to finish around $505 million-$510 mil. It wont even get close to Rogue One domestically.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Unfortunately true. Somehow it's not even going to reach Rogue One. Pretty disappointing run for the big finale to the saga.
Agsrback12
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Unfortunately true. Somehow it's not even going to reach Rogue One. Pretty disappointing run for the big finale to the saga.

Disney killed their golden goose when they killed off the original trilogy characters. I understand Han because Harrison Ford himself wanted to kill the character off.

But Luke? Come on. They did not understand the franchise they own. They lost fans forever due to mismanaging Luke's character. And for what? A quick buck? Social Justice?

They could have ended he Skywalker with Luke and Anakin ending Palpatine again while developing the other new characters to launch a new trilogy. They screwed up because there are many that will never come back.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Gangnam Style said:

MuckRaker96 said:

C@LAg said:

Interesting BO info:

I dont think you understand how the box office works. It's earning around $1 mil/day now and will drop under $1mil/day after this week. Most are projecting it to finish around $505 million-$510 mil. It wont even get close to Rogue One domestically.
$1/million per day is only for days of the week. The movie made $15.187 million Fr-Su last week. And there's MLK next Monday, which will give it another little nudge.

Assuming it's out for 4-5 months as the rest of them have been, your logic says it's only going to average between $188,000 and $228,000 per day over the next 122 days to finish at $505 or $510 million.

I don't know how the box office works, but I can do math.
Gangnam Style
AG
I still have hope. If they can bring Taika & Feige on board AND have a good team to go alongside, the next trilogy can be great.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
That's pretty good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quad Dog
AG
What if Luke had been the one to give his life to heal Rey instead of Kylo. That would have been cool.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

George thinking "what he really needs is four arms ... and four lightsabers ... and fart noises, LOTS of fart noises."
The Collective
AG
Why did they have Michael J Fox take the picture of Lucas holding BY?
Urban Ag
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Why did they have Michael J Fox take the picture of Lucas holding BY?
Dude

jeebus

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
Urban Ag said:

Dude

jeebus

I'm sorry. Was that wrong?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
Who gave Baby Yoda to his creepy uncle?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Urban Ag said:

Dude

jeebus

I'm sorry. Was that wrong?
If you know someone with Parkinson's, it makes you come across as a colossal *******, otherwise, it's just another drop in the bucket on the Internet.
TCTTS
AG
Look closely...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
George Lucas in the back booth cheating on his wife!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Meant to post all this here last night as well.
Almost a month after it came out, Star Wars finally releases a picture of Palps.

According to Digital Spy, the Visual Dictionary for the movie tells sort of how Palps came back to life.

According to the tie-in book, Darth Sidious was brought to Exegol by his hooded cohorts called the Sith Eternals (via Digital Spy). These mysterious beings weren't mentioned in the movie, although they were explicitly featured during the climactic battle between Rey and her grandfather. Apparently, they are devoted Sith followers who were Palapatine loyalists. After Darth Sidious' defeat in Return of the Jedi, they brought him to Exegol, and using "technology and occult," they were able to revive him.

I haven't picked up Kylo Ren #1 or #2, but probably will tomorrow - #2 went on sale last week and has some kick ass preview images along with the cover: And yes, it's a younger Lor Sarn Tekka with Luke and Ben!

They could put out a comic a week featuring Luke's adventures post-ROTJ and pre-TFA and I would never grow tired of them.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://twitter.com/i/events/1218196485415653378
The Collective
AG
Looks like there is zero interest. I look forward to finding out it is a colossal failure on youtube.
First Page Last Page
Page 891 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.