Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,035 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Meant to post all this here last night as well.
Almost a month after it came out, Star Wars finally releases a picture of Palps.

According to Digital Spy, the Visual Dictionary for the movie tells sort of how Palps came back to life.

According to the tie-in book, Darth Sidious was brought to Exegol by his hooded cohorts called the Sith Eternals (via Digital Spy). These mysterious beings weren't mentioned in the movie, although they were explicitly featured during the climactic battle between Rey and her grandfather. Apparently, they are devoted Sith followers who were Palapatine loyalists. After Darth Sidious' defeat in Return of the Jedi, they brought him to Exegol, and using "technology and occult," they were able to revive him.

I haven't picked up Kylo Ren #1 or #2, but probably will tomorrow - #2 went on sale last week and has some kick ass preview images along with the cover: And yes, it's a younger Lor Sarn Tekka with Luke and Ben!

They could put out a comic a week featuring Luke's adventures post-ROTJ and pre-TFA and I would never grow tired of them.

I am getting into the comics right now. Reading darth mail at the moment
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
redline248
AG
Quote:

I am getting into the comics right now. Reading darth mail at the moment

Does he deliver a bunch of packages to the wrong address, or smashed and broken?

"You don't know the power of the Galactic Postal Service!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AgfromHOU
AG
I just started the new Star Wars series, which takes place between Empire and Jedi. It literally picks up as soon as they get Luke out of Cloud City and he's dealing with the big father reveal and losing his hand.

I'm also concurrently reading the Star Wars series from 2015, which was post-ANH.

I've heard the Darth Vader series is awesome, and his story from ESB to RotJ comes out in February.
titan
S
AgfromHOU said:

I just started the new Star Wars series, which takes place between Empire and Jedi. It literally picks up as soon as they get Luke out of Cloud City and he's dealing with the big father reveal and losing his hand.

I'm also concurrently reading the Star Wars series from 2015, which was post-ANH.

I've heard the Darth Vader series is awesome, and his story from ESB to RotJ comes out in February.
Which specifically is this in title? Something right after ESB would be of great interest.
AgfromHOU
AG
Star Wars #1 (2020) by Charles Soule is the first issue. It's published by Marvel and just started two weeks ago.

If anyone is interested I have an extra free digital copy code and/or a physical copy of the first issue. I had gotten two of them when it came out. The graphic novel of these issues won't come out until July, but there will probably be 8-10 books with 6 issues each.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Vol-Charles-Soule/dp/1302920782/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=star+wars+soule&qid=1579384174&sr=8-1

Darth Vader #1 comes out February 5th from Marvel as well.

With the 2015 series they showed the hero side of things and the Darth Vader side of things in between movies.
titan
S
AgfromHOU said:

Star Wars #1 (2020) by Charles Soule is the first issue. It's published by Marvel and just started two weeks ago.

If anyone is interested I have an extra free digital copy code and/or a physical copy of the first issue. I had gotten two of them when it came out. The graphic novel of these issues won't come out until June, but there will probably be 8-10 books with 6 issues each.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Vol-Charles-Soule/dp/1302920782/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=star+wars+soule&qid=1579384174&sr=8-1

Darth Vader #1 comes out February 5th from Marvel as well.

With the 2015 series they showed the hero side of things and the Darth Vader side of things in between movies.
Thanks very much for these descriptions. I think I will be checking that out. Is the art good as some of these on the thread?
AgfromHOU
AG
Yeah, I think it's a little better than the one posted earlier in the thread. It looks very much like watching the movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.thewrap.com/no-the-star-wars-disney-series-about-obi-wan-kenobi-has-not-been-canceled/

Dumbass, whoever started this rumor.
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://www.thewrap.com/no-the-star-wars-disney-series-about-obi-wan-kenobi-has-not-been-canceled/

"Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"
The Collective
AG
Article mentions the series about Cassian Andor. I thought that one was sent to the trash compactor.
COOL LASER FALCON
Man, I still have the impression that Disney has zero idea what they are doing with Star Wars.
Agsrback12
COOL LASER FALCON said:

Man, I still have the impression that Disney has zero idea what they are doing with Star Wars.

You will know they are getting it when Kennedy is no longer associated with them.
The Collective
AG
Little did we know this is prophetic of what ended up happening to TROS script.
Flashdiaz
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Article mentions the series about Cassian Andor. I thought that one was sent to the trash compactor.

I believe they are still casting for it (from last week).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

"Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"
I didn't know about this supposed rumor till this I saw this.
Ag Since 83
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's dope. Can we get one with Star Wars music over it?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

that was a really weird order of characters other than from C3PO on
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I probably would've put Vader in the final 5, and taken out R2.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I saw one for Harry Potter that was really well done. If I had video editing skills I would never get anything done
SpreadsheetAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I saw one for Harry Potter that was really well done. If I had video editing skills I would never get anything done
Sounds like you'd make a lot of Star Wars por- errr- videos
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
titan
S
I Have Spoken said:

Little did we know this is prophetic of what ended up happening to TROS script.

What is being represented here? That is so perversely apt, you are correct!
The Collective
AG
Colbert throws away his binder of questions, because they really won't answer anything about the movie (this was at Celebration). They are always vague, but I thought this panel was pretty strange.
titan
S
I Have Spoken said:

Colbert throws away his binder of questions, because they really won't answer anything about the movie (this was at Celebration). They are always vague, but I thought this panel was pretty strange.
Ah, I see. Sort of a shtick. But yes, then strangely prophetic of the careless handling.
jabberwalkie09
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B7n8lshh4TE
bluefire579
AG
Hell yeah.

If you want the non-Twitter version:

Urban Ag
AG
Gangnam Style
AG
bluefire579 said:

Hell yeah.

Darth Maul vs Ahsoka is going to be incredible
Urban Ag
AG
Looks like we meet Ahsoka's first girlfriend too
Flashdiaz
AG
Gangnam Style said:

bluefire579 said:

Hell yeah.

Darth Maul vs Ahsoka is going to be incredible

yeah but we know neither die in the fight
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was a little confused that they were lifting lines straight from ROTS, but then I thought wait, maybe that's the actual scene from ROTS but from another perspective. (As in from another Jedi's perspective seeing Mace's hologram.)

In which case, that would be really awesome if this took place during/parallel with ROTS.

Really gotta get into this show before this drops.
TCTTS
AG
I've never seen a single episode of The Clone Wars, but that trailer was incredible. (I know , I know, I need to give the show a shot.)

So was this series cancelled at one point? And Disney+ brought it back? Or was it just a really long hiatus? Also, didn't it used be 2D animation in the beginning? Or has it always been 3D CGI?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That might be the most unnecessary spoiler tag of all time, but I agree 100% - I'm really looking forward to the series, but not sure what's going to be such a big deal - Asokha and Maul agree to go their separate ways and both just vanish for a while then decide to pop back up and pretty much the same time to interact during Rebels? Interested to see how they make that logic.

Looks like they're straight up redoing a scene from ROTS when Mace says he senses a plot to destroy the Jedi. If only Yoda had listened when Windu suggested arresting Palpy the first time.
First Page Last Page
Page 892 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.