Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,789 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You know what? This would actually be awesome...

https://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-jar-jar-binks-obi-wan-kenobi/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Why would that be awesome?
The Collective
AG
They are finally going to off Jar Jar in live action, aren't they?

TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

Why would that be awesome?

Because it A) would be unexpected, B) sounds like a cameo, at most, and C) more importantly, could be a nice little effort to redeem Jar Jar, if even just a tiny bit. From the description, there'd almost be this wink-wink vibe of, "So... the prequels, eh?" over drinks, with both of them now so much more grizzled and wiser. I don't know, I just like the idea of it.
amercer
AG
Will he still talk like a racist minstrel show from the 1920s?
Ulrich
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I don't log in just to give a blue star very often, but i did for this.
Saxsoon
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not that it really matters but for the sake of tradition I'll say it -- all spoilers for TROS are now fair game in this thread.
Palpatine had sex looking like this:

Palpy ****s.

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
TCTTS
AG
YouBet
AG
Wasn't Jar Jar already killed off as an afterthought in some Star Wars kids show? I swear I was told that.
Ag Since 83
AG
He's basically a street clown on Naboo post-ROTJ in the Aftermath books, basically shunned by his people due to his involvement in Palpatine's rise to power
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

He's basically a street clown on Naboo post-ROTJ in the Aftermath books, basically shunned by his people due to his involvement in Palpatine's rise to power

He was a clown before that as well.
titan
S
Ag Since 83 said:

And the Aftermath books are new canon in Disney, or close to canon right? The Battle of Jakku and those wrecked ships match the story in "Empire's End." You learn just how that super star destroyer wreck (Ravager) ended up so oddly upside down. We saw just that setting in Force Awakens in striking detail. So does it mean it is canon that JarJar became an exile?
Ag Since 83
AG
Aftermath trilogy is canon
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
One of the best things the Mandalorian did was give the prequels legitimacy - the super battle droids were really menacing, the CIS bomber swooping over the town made you duck, etc. If the rumor is true, here's hoping they can do something similar with Jar Jar. If the series is set 5-10 years after ROTS, Jar Jar would be 18-23 years older than he is in TPM. Surely enough time to mature into a more serious adult, especially with the events of ROTS when he sees Naboo's most famous citizen turn into a terrifying dictator and his best human friend killed mysteriously.

I hope they have something really poignant up their sleeves, not only because Obi-Wan is my favorite character of all, but also because Ahmed Best deserves to have a moment like this.
PatAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

One of the best things the Mandalorian did was give the prequels legitimacy - the super battle droids were really menacing, the CIS bomber swooping over the town made you duck, etc. If the rumor is true, here's hoping they can do something similar with Jar Jar. If the series is set 5-10 years after ROTS, Jar Jar would be 18-23 years older than he is in TPM. Surely enough time to mature into a more serious adult, especially with the events of ROTS when he sees Naboo's most famous citizen turn into a terrifying dictator and his best human friend killed mysteriously.

I hope they have something really poignant up their sleeves, not only because Obi-Wan is my favorite character of all, but also because Ahmed Best deserves to have a moment like this.
All jokes aside, the way the Gungans talk will never allow them to be involved in any quality movies or scenes.
Decay
AG
Maybe they got their vocal cords ripped out by Sad Backstory
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Captain tarpals talked normally relative to jar jar and the big boss nass your honor
Murder Hornet
AG
Does anyone have the link to watch the clone wars episodes minus the filler ones?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Google has it
The Collective
AG
Watch them all. Filoni is a damn genius.
fig96
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Watch them all. Filoni is a damn genius.
Also watch the first run of 2d Clone Wars shorts, Genndy Tartakovsky IS a genius.
AgfromHOU
AG
Two things while watching Return of the Jedi

1. Jabba's green female slave at the beginning of the movie flashes boob

2. Disney+ edited Anakin/Vader force ghost to be Hayden Christensen.
TCTTS
AG
That Hayden Force ghost thing happened over fifteen years ago when Fox released the original trilogy to DVD in 2004. It's been that way for quite some time.
AgfromHOU
AG
Interesting. I haven't watched the original trilogy in a long time.
redline248
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TXAG 05
AG
TCTTS said:

That Hayden Force ghost thing happened over fifteen years ago when Fox released the original trilogy to DVD in 2004. It's been that way for quite some time.

And the horrific song and dance number they added. Just terrible.
redline248
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

TCTTS said:

And the horrific song and dance number they added. Just terrible.

Recently, my 4 year old son has been wanting to listen to SW music in the car. I played the "Ewok celebration," which is on the original jedi soundtrack available on Amazon music. He loves it.

It's so much better than the crap they added in the special editions. As is the original song in Jabba's palace.
Belton Ag
AG
Belton Ag said:

Listening to Yub Nub is like hearing the voices of a thousand Angels singing a sweet lullaby. Hearing Victory Celebration is like hearing Hitler sing about cigarettes and diarrhea.
I posted this back on page 702.
TXAG 05
AG
Belton Ag said:

Belton Ag said:

Listening to Yub Nub is like hearing the voices of a thousand Angels singing a sweet lullaby. Hearing Victory Celebration is like hearing Hitler sing about cigarettes and diarrhea.
I posted this back on page 702.

Thank you. ROTJ just got s**t on in the special editions. I've said it before, but I think the reasonable people place it so slow is that they've only seen the special edition and not the original.
jm94
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
Congrats John Williams for another Oscar nomination
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-williams-breaks-own-oscars-record-2020-nomination-1268874
MGS
He's pretty good.
First Page Last Page
Page 890 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.