Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,479 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by TCTTS
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

But then you can't look at your shelf and see Episodes I-VIII neatly stacked and organized.

Do I have a problem?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CJS4715 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

I'm curious if he was allowed to keep sabers that he acquired or if they were kept by the Empire.
What?

I think Vader would be obedient of Palps' wishes.
Who would actually carry out Palp's orders to retrieve a lightsaber from Vader's possession? You could send a legion of stormtroopers, but good luck with that if Vader doesn't want to give it up.
The Collective
AG
Hey, I think he kept **** that he wanted, I'm just trying to figure out if that would be 30+ lightsabers at his crib or just a few that he wanted to keep for himself... I'm also curious if there is any chance Luke got a hold of them after the Empire got its ass kicked.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggie1906 said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Hell, tons of Blu Rays already come with a digital download code anyway
But a lot of time you don't just get the file. You have to go through flixster or something and stream. Or that is how it was when I used to buy blurays. Do any of yall disc buyers have kids? I could barely keep a disc clean and scratch free on my own. Add kids in and it simplifies life to move to a digital format.

Yeah like other poster above...I like to have collections of movies I really like.

In this digital age I do still like BR of ones I really like and I get the digital version in the combo as well. I like them because I travel and then I can also watch them while travelling on iPad/etc. and yet also have the BR at home.

I don't know why I "need the file" and going through some service is an issue - I can literally utilize that service anywhere - from my computer, iPhone, iPad, apple TV, etc....I assume the same is true even if you aren't on Apple devices. Why do I need just a raw file?

As for kids...well I had my kids movies in one place and my collections in another place - and they didn't touch my movies. They knew better than to touch them without asking.

AliasMan02
AG
CJS4715 said:

Hey, I think he kept **** that he wanted, I'm just trying to figure out if that would be 30+ lightsabers at his crib or just a few that he wanted to keep for himself... I'm also curious if there is any chance Luke got a hold of them after the Empire got its ass kicked.

That's a thought, actually. Were we shown the castle on Mustafar in RO because it will show up in TLJ or Episode 9? Seems a place that Kylo could have reasons to go.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Great point. Very possible.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How would people feel about a potential Kylo vs Rey rematch on Mustafar?

Battle of the Heroes Part Deux: Galactic Boogaloo
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

How would people feel about a potential Kylo vs Rey rematch on Mustafar?

Battle of the Heroes Part Deux: Galactic Boogaloo
only if swings are involved and lots and lots of high grounds
The Collective
AG
Rey overcomes Kylo having the high ground proving that Rey is the most powerful Jedi ever.
Malachi Constant
AG
Rey will have to travel to Vader's castle on Mustafar in Episode 8 to retrieve some sith artifact as part of her Jedi training.

She will have to battle a bunch of dark side droids there were left to protect the castle. She will make it, only to be confronted by Kylo and Snoke at the throne room.

Then Luke shows up with the help of force-ghost Anakin and they wreck shop on Kylo and Snoke. But during the fight, Rey turns to the dark side and kills Luke, while Kylo turns to the Light after seeing Anakin's force ghost and escapes.

Queue Episode IX.
AliasMan02
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Rey will have to travel to Vader's castle on Mustafar in Episode 8 to retrieve some sith artifact as part of her Jedi training.

She will have to battle a bunch of dark side droids there were left to protect the castle. She will make pit, only to be confronted by Kylo and Snoke at the throne room.

Then Luke shows up with the help of force-ghost Anakin and they wreck shop on Kylo and Snoke. But during the fight, Rey turns to the dark side and kills Luke, while Kylo turns to the Light after seeing Anakin's force ghost and escapes.

Queue Episode IX.

I mean... No.

But I like the idea of Rey doing her trial in the castle a la the cave on Dagobah. In the old EU that was a rite of passage for any Jedi.
hurleyag
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

CJS4715 said:

Random question, do we know what happened with Kenobi's lightsaber?
Vader probably took it.
Didn't he kind of kick around the cloak in attempt to find it but it wasn't there?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting, I always interpreted it as him feeling around for Obi-Wan's body.
AgMarauder04
AG
hurleyag said:

AgMarauder04 said:

CJS4715 said:

Vader probably took it.
Didn't he kind of kick around the cloak in attempt to find it but it wasn't there?
I'm pretty sure it was there on top.
Flashdiaz
AG
hurleyag said:

AgMarauder04 said:

CJS4715 said:

Vader probably took it.
it fell on top of his cloak after he disappeared.
AgMarauder04
AG
hurleyag said:

AgMarauder04 said:

CJS4715 said:

Vader probably took it.

Isn't that it right there?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Those boots...

hurleyag
AG
It is. I guess I never really paid that much attention to the actual robe and just thought that is what he was kicking for.
TCTTS
AG
There's A LOT of chatter that Vader's castle was introduced in Rogue One partly because of Episode VIII. I wouldn't be surprised if either Rey or Kylo end up there at some point.
VanZandt92
TCTTS said:

There's A LOT of chatter that Vader's castle was introduced in Rogue One partly because of Episode VIII. I wouldn't be surprised if either Rey or Kylo end up there at some point.
or Frodo
Ag Since 83
AG
Ugh why don't they just get the eagles to take them to Mustafar straight away
MGS
VanZandt92 said:

TCTTS said:

or Frodo
They just need to watch out for Gollum Snoke.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

But then you can't look at your shelf and see Episodes I-VIII neatly stacked and organized.

Do I have a problem?
How the heck this little nugget get past everyone here?

Brian, if you have TLJ already on your shelf, why the heck have you not started an Episode VIII spoilers thread so everyone can find out what happens?
israeliag
AG
israeliag said:

How interesting would it be if Kylo wasn't just the antagonist of the film, but the actual lead (especially if he stays the villain and does not find or go after redemption)?
Red font of the title makes me wonder if I was on to something
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I meant once TLJ comes out on Blu-Ray, of course.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
israeliag said:

israeliag said:

How interesting would it be if Kylo wasn't just the antagonist of the film, but the actual lead (especially if he stays the villain and does not find or go after redemption)?
Red font of the title makes me wonder if I was on to something
I think the movie is about the First order trying to find the last jedi and destroy the Resistance. Hence it IS similar to Empire in that it was Vader searching for Luke/destroy the rebels and VIII will be Kylo/Snork searching for Luke/Rey and destroying the resistance. Whether or not we see an ice planet battle/ carbonite/ a big reveal like at the end someone tells Rey ( I am your father) maybe it is Blue Glowie Kenobi telling her he is his grandfather .
redline248
AG
I always thought Vader picked up the light saber after feeling around with his boot, but in this still, you can see that his left hand is empty. After the blast doors shut, who knows what happens to the saber.

redline248
AG
bangobango said:

redline248 said:

So, assuming for the moment that this is about Luke...he really failed after beating the Emperor and saving Vader. Yoda told him he'd be the last one and to pass on the knowledge. So 30 years after the Jedi returned to the galaxy, he's still the last one.
Well, he tried and he ended up making Kylo Ren. I'm sure we will find out where he screwed up in this next movie when he is super reluctant to train Rey.
The real question is, in 30 years, how many Jedi did he successfully train before Kylo? If it is less than 5, then I guess it could make sense that Kylo figures out how to kill them all. But what if it was 20? Why would they all be in one place for the betrayal, instead of some out and about doing good in the galaxy?

I guess we still don't know how much time passed from the end of Jedi, to when Luke trained Kylo, Kylo betrayed him, and the events of TFA. Seems like too much time for Luke to have only trained 1 student (Kylo).

Also, how terrible were the Jedi Luke trained prior, if they all get killed by a barely trained Kylo and some non-Jedi thugs?

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I meant once TLJ comes out on Blu-Ray, of course.
Dadgummit! I thought you would be the Star Wars Answer Man.

j/k
AliasMan02
AG
Ben was Luke's first student (or among the first), but not only. Luke and Ben traveled... not clear if they sought out other potential students or looked for a place to establish the academy, but they were away from civilized space. They were away when the information came out the Vader was his grandfather.

Ben was turned by Snoke while he was at Luke's academy. Ben killed the other students and burned the temple and fled.
Ag Since 83
AG
Bloodline takes place I believe about 6 years before TFA, and as previously mentioned at that point Ben is still off training with Luke
redline248
AG
I was meaning to ask, how much of the time b/w Jedi and Awakens is covered in book format? Is it "real-time" events, or flashback stuff? How much is Luke in the books, whether talked about or having actual dialogue?

Part of me actually hates that there might be useful info to some of the bigger items from the movies in books I probably won't make time to read.
redline248
AG
Quote:

Ben was Luke's first student (or among the first), but not only
See, this is one of the things I was talking about. Clearly, that's from info outside the movies. How old was Ben when he started training with Luke? How many years after Jedi was he born? What the hell was Luke doing all the time between the end of Jedi and taking Ben as a student?
Ag Since 83
AG
So there is a trilogy (the third of which comes out next month) that take place in the year following Jedi. If Luke is in it at all it's very small.

Then there's Bloodline which focuses on Leia and she refers to Luke and Ben being off training off screen. Again, ~6 years before TFA.

Those are the only books I'm aware of between Jedi and TFA other than maybe some youth books
First Page Last Page
Page 540 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.