Star Wars Discussion Thread

3,067,027 Views | 29597 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not a great title. Then again neither was "Attack of the Clones".

But why drop the episode number? That just won't look right in the box set.


I went completely the other way on the second point. What a difference two years makes.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Rogue One is out on video before a teaser drops.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Speculation that we may get a SB teaser since the TFA title was announced 2 weeks before the teaser.

Could it be? I called that last year but figured no sooner than Celebration after the radio silence for so long. Starting to think otherwise.


This will be in the news cycle for a couple of days. Next week announce the teaser to further get attention. Play it at the SB. Would make sense.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

I assume much of Rey's training will be mental. There could be reasonable explanation on her force power; I'll wait to see what it is before call it force-user power creep. I still think if Kylo is healthy, she gets her ass kicked in the forest.


Definitely. Too much is made of her being "too powerful." She definitely couldn't have held her own against RotJ Luke.

Is she more powerful than she should be without training? Yes. But that's the mystery. We know that there is something different about Rey, but we don't know what.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

I assume much of Rey's training will be mental. There could be reasonable explanation on her force power; I'll wait to see what it is before call it force-user power creep. I still think if Kylo is healthy, she gets her ass kicked in the forest.

Not only that - about him being healthy - but I think he just purposefully did not want to kill her for some reason.


He easily could have killed her earlier when he force restrianed her in position and defenseless and brought his saber near her throat. She didn't become so much more powerful just that quickly. He wanted info at that point so he did not kill her but easily could have.

He wanted to combat her one on one - testing her or something. There is no reason to believe he was not capable of force restraining her again at that point near the end and just killing her easily. He used the force to dispatch of Finn easily. Whatever physical distress he had would not likely have kept hm from being able to use the force in that way (some may argue it weakened him and therefore weakened his force as well, I don't buy that).




Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buddy of mine said to me he hopes to see that Kylo learned to stop blaster shots from Luke.

That would be badass.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking Kylo was in control is a misstatement though. She does pull Anakin's lightsaber. Is that her power catching him off guard or some kind of will of the force thing? IDK... but, you are right, he did not seem to want to kill her given how he tells her that she needs a teacher. It does seem like Kylo is motivated (obsessed?) with legitimizing his power so the desire for an apprentice makes sense.

Her power seemed to increase after she meditates on the force, is that natural or learned? I'm curious to find out.
jbanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who buys physical media anymore?
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Random question, do we know what happened with Kenobi's lightsaber?
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Random question, do we know what happened with Kenobi's lightsaber?
Vader probably took it.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Thinking Kylo was in control is a misstatement though. She does pull Anakin's lightsaber. Is that her power catching him off guard or some kind of will of the force thing? IDK... but, you are right, he did not seem to want to kill her given how he tells her that she needs a teacher. It does seem like Kylo is motivated (obsessed?) with legitimizing his power so the desire for an apprentice makes sense.

Her power seemed to increase after she meditates on the force, is that natural or learned? I'm curious to find out.


Kylo has his own things going, too. He doesn't seem to care about destroying the Resistance or Republic. He's told to bring Rey to Snoke, but he offers to teach her himself. He seems to know something about who Rey is (or might be), but Snoke doesn't seem to. Kylo just wants to find where Luke is hiding. Kylo seems wary of Snoke.

Can't wait.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

CJS4715 said:

Random question, do we know what happened with Kenobi's lightsaber?
Vader probably took it.


Probably, but a great question.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jbanda said:

Who buys physical media anymore?
I do. If you care about picture quality, physical media is still far and away better than streaming/downloads. A 1080p streaming/download file is anywhere from 2-6GB, where as the 1080p file on a Blu-ray disc is anywhere from 25-40GB. It's just so much crisper. I can't stand the digital artifacts of streaming files, unless I'm renting some movie I really don't care that much about.

I also burn all of my favorite Blu-ray movies to an exterior HD for reference, and they look amazing on a 27" monitor.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I buy physical media, better picture / superior sound quality if you have surround.
jjmanzano
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would have preferred "the Last Death Star"
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

jbanda said:

Who buys physical media anymore?
I do. If you care about picture quality, physical media is still far and away better than streaming/downloads. A 1080p streaming/download file is anywhere from 2-6GB, where as the 1080p file on a Blu-ray disc is anywhere from 25-40GB. It's just so much crisper. I can't stand the digital artifacts of streaming files, unless I'm renting some movie I really don't care that much about.
Same here.

For my favorite movies, I will always buy them on blu ray. Better picture and sound.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

jbanda said:

Who buys physical media anymore?
I do. If you care about picture quality, physical media is still far and away better than streaming/downloads. A 1080p streaming/download file is anywhere from 2-6GB, where as the 1080p file on a Blu-ray disc is anywhere from 25-40GB. It's just so much crisper. I can't stand the digital artifacts of streaming files, unless I'm renting some movie I really don't care that much about.

I also burn all of my favorite Blu-ray movies to an exterior HD for reference, and they look amazing on a 27" monitor.


Why aren't you streaming 4K?
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't have a 4K TV yet. Waiting for more channels, AppleTV, etc. to catch up.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gigem314 said:

TCTTS said:

jbanda said:

Who buys physical media anymore?
I do. If you care about picture quality, physical media is still far and away better than streaming/downloads. A 1080p streaming/download file is anywhere from 2-6GB, where as the 1080p file on a Blu-ray disc is anywhere from 25-40GB. It's just so much crisper. I can't stand the digital artifacts of streaming files, unless I'm renting some movie I really don't care that much about.
Same here.

For my favorite movies, I will always buy them on blu ray. Better picture and sound.
Here
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope Luke has been training more Jedi, or maybe has some former apprentices left in the galaxy.

A galaxy is a big place after all
jbanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Turns out I'm video/sound quality lazy.
MGS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgMarauder04 said:

CJS4715 said:

Random question, do we know what happened with Kenobi's lightsaber?
Vader probably took it.
Would have been blown up with the Death Star unless Vader just happened to take it with him on his TIE fighter.
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MGS said:

AgMarauder04 said:

CJS4715 said:

Random question, do we know what happened with Kenobi's lightsaber?
Vader probably took it.
Would have been blown up with the Death Star unless Vader just happened to take it with him on his TIE fighter.
The Death Star was blown up long after Obi Wan and he squared off. I've never thought about it but I would assume Vader took it.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton Ag said:

MGS said:

AgMarauder04 said:

CJS4715 said:

Random question, do we know what happened with Kenobi's lightsaber?
Vader probably took it.
Would have been blown up with the Death Star unless Vader just happened to take it with him on his TIE fighter.
The Death Star was blown up long after Obi Wan and he squared off. I've never thought about it but I would assume Vader took it.


Send unlikely he'd have that trophy with him when he got into his TIE.
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Belton Ag said:

MGS said:

AgMarauder04 said:

CJS4715 said:

Random question, do we know what happened with Kenobi's lightsaber?
Vader probably took it.
Would have been blown up with the Death Star unless Vader just happened to take it with him on his TIE fighter.
The Death Star was blown up long after Obi Wan and he squared off. I've never thought about it but I would assume Vader took it.


Send unlikely he'd have that trophy with him when he got into his TIE.
Yeah I guess it probably would have stayed in his quarters or somewhere. For some reason my mind was thinking that he was saying it blew up right after their duel.

Edit: that brings up a thought: when Vader sees the Death Star blow up, does he think "Aw man, a bunch of my **** was in there!"
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vader probably wouldn't keep a ton of personal stuff there. Most of it is probably at his castle on Mustafar.

I am hoping he kept the saber with him after the fight since it belonged to Kenobi which might be significant to Vader. I'm curious if he was allowed to keep sabers that he acquired or if they were kept by the Empire. It'd be interesting if he has a lot of Jedi / Sith items on Mustafar.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bet he was pissed about his meditation chamber. He brings that with him on his mission with Tarkin in the Tarkin novel. It's made pretty clear he is a connection with it.

Edit, maybe it was on his Star Destroyer.
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Vader probably wouldn't keep a ton of personal stuff there. Most of it is probably at his castle on Mustafar.

I am hoping he kept the saber with him after the fight since it belonged to Kenobi which might be significant to Vader. I'm curious if he was allowed to keep sabers that he acquired or if they were kept by the Empire. It'd be interesting if he has a lot of Jedi / Sith items on Mustafar.
According to Legends, he kept that stuff on Vjun, so I would expect similar.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jbanda said:

Who buys physical media anymore?
Me.
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hell, tons of Blu Rays already come with a digital download code anyway
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I'm curious if he was allowed to keep sabers that he acquired or if they were kept by the Empire.
What?
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Hell, tons of Blu Rays already come with a digital download code anyway
But a lot of time you don't just get the file. You have to go through flixster or something and stream. Or that is how it was when I used to buy blurays. Do any of yall disc buyers have kids? I could barely keep a disc clean and scratch free on my own. Add kids in and it simplifies life to move to a digital format.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But then you can't look at your shelf and see Episodes I-VIII neatly stacked and organized.

Do I have a problem?
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

I'm curious if he was allowed to keep sabers that he acquired or if they were kept by the Empire.
What?


I think Vader would be obedient of Palps' wishes.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

But then you can't look at your shelf and see Episodes I-VIII neatly stacked and organized.

Do I have a problem?
You will when you need shelf space. I acquire so much crap that I run out of room for things. It just compounds when you're family grows.
Page 539 of 846
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.