Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,637 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Saul Goodman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Saul Goodman said:

I've always loved the idea of Kylo coming back around to the light side, and Rey flipping to the dark.

If Rey falls, AliasWife03 might shoot up the theater.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
MGS said:

AliasMan02 said:

I like what the title suggests. Does it refer to Luke? That's the obvious. But does it mean Rey? Or Ben? Can we read into the red text?
Jedi could also be plural, so it could mean all of them.

So was 'Jedi' singular or plural in Return of the Jedi?

Obviously Jedi has always been plural.

Like cacti, nuclei, fungi, syllabi, etc.

Singular is Jedus, or Jedux.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Force Awakens never really grew on me as a title. I loved this one right off the bat.
AliasMan02
AG
It's disturbing how such a small announcement can distract me and divert all my attention.
AgMarauder04
AG
AliasMan02 said:

It's disturbing how such a small announcement can distract me and divert all my attention.
There are no less than 4 posts of the poster on my FB feed.

The frenzy of just a TITLE is incredible
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Star Wars could literally upstage any film trailer with a title announcement.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I think it refers to BOTH Luke as the last current Jedi and whoever succeeds him when he dies. Or simply refers to the finality meaning there is one by the END of the movie.

The Last of the Mohicans had 2 Mohicans and Hawkeye/Nathaniel as well who was adopted. So there were multiple Mohicans in the Last of the Mohicans until the end when Uncas was killed and Chingachgook was truly the last.

Simplebay
AG
They actually couldn't have done much better in the title. It's epic, it's telling a new (but potentially familiar story), and it conveys an ominous tone without being overtly "dark".

The trouble this movie has will be forging something new, while giving us an "Empire" level of character development and bringing in a dark story.

I just hope they dont try to go with a Vader reveal. People are tried of OMG moments. Wow us with character arcs, not just twists for the sake of it. And make it dark because the story makes sense. Not becomes empire did it.

the title is a good start. But if this movie is crap....don't worry....it's not our last hope, there is another.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

The RED actually reminds me of

AgMarauder04
AG
I'm more intrigued by the font color than the title, tbh.
aTmLoKi
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

The RED actually reminds me of

So instead of a Galaxy Far, Far Away....maybe it takes place in the Upside Down?
The Collective
AG
Nailed it. I was looking at this trying to figure it out.

On another note, Rogue One hits a billion... time to start Episode VIII hype. The force is strong with Lucasfilm.
Ag Since 83
AG
Good title. Simple yet symbolic
AverageJones
AG
All the episodes with Maul in the Clone Wars tv show had a red "Star Wars" title
The Collective
AG
Maybe Luke will use this line when seeking to avenge Han's death...
The Collective
AG
AverageJones said:

All the episodes with Maul in the Clone Wars tv show had a red "Star Wars" title

Nah. Kenobi bout to take care of Maul... again.
lunchbox
lunchbox
AliasMan02
AG
AverageJones said:

Need verification, but interesting if true.

Not that they'll bring Maul in. Just interesting parallel.
AliasMan02
AG
lunchbox said:

One destroyed the Jedi order and the other the Sith order.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

lunchbox said:

Seems unlikely to see the destruction of the First Order in this movie
Mr. White
lunchbox said:

Episode IX is two hours and fifteen minutes of credits and bloopers
wangus12
The Collective
AG
Mind Blown.
The Collective
AG
One more tweet (sorry texags filter):
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

Mind Blown.

so Episode IX is "then goes back to sleep"
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

AliasMan02 said:

lunchbox said:

Seems unlikely to see the destruction of the First Order in this movie

Then that means that Ren is going to get his ass kicked. Again.
bangobango
AG
Luke literally is the last Jedi when the movie starts. Rey is not yet a Jedi. She's presumably going to become one, but she is not one yet. Kylo Ren is not a Jedi. Being a Jedi is more than just being a powerful force user.

The red in the title is obviously a tip to Kyle Ren and Snoke and the red that is prevalent in TFA and is associated with the new order.

Doesn't take much guessing to assume this will be the dark middle movie in the trilogy where all hope will appear to be lost. I assume they will kill off Luke and leave Rey as the last Jedi, but maybe not. Hopefully, Kylo doesn't encase Luke in carbonite at the end of the movie, though after TFA I wouldn't put it past them.

Of course, Rey is already as powerful as Luke was by the third movie, so I'm not real sure where they're going to go with her training. Still think making her so overpowered in the first move was a big mistake.
hunter2012
AG
redline248 said:

So, assuming for the moment that this is about Luke...he really failed after beating the Emperor and saving Vader. Yoda told him he'd be the last one and to pass on the knowledge. So 30 years after the Jedi returned to the galaxy, he's still the last one.

What a procrastinator...
bangobango
AG
redline248 said:

So, assuming for the moment that this is about Luke...he really failed after beating the Emperor and saving Vader. Yoda told him he'd be the last one and to pass on the knowledge. So 30 years after the Jedi returned to the galaxy, he's still the last one.
Well, he tried and he ended up making Kylo Ren. I'm sure we will find out where he screwed up in this next movie when he is super reluctant to train Rey.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Speculation that we may get a SB teaser since the TFA title was announced 2 weeks before the teaser.

Could it be? I called that last year but figured no sooner than Celebration after the radio silence for so long. Starting to think otherwise.
AliasMan02
AG
bangobango said:

Luke literally is the last Jedi when the movie starts. Rey is not yet a Jedi. She's presumably going to become one, but she is not one yet. Kylo Ren is not a Jedi. Being a Jedi is more than just being a powerful force user.

We all know that. We're just debating what the title means to the story as a whole. I doubt it references just its literal and obvious meaning, which obviously is Luke.

Others are correct, though. Jedi is the plural of Jedi. It could refer to only Luke at the outset AND Luke + others by the end. Snoke did say that if Luke was found that the new Jedi would rise. The former had happened. I assume Snoke isn't just guessing, but has foreseen something specific that he is trying to avoid.
The Collective
AG
I assume much of Rey's training will be mental. There could be reasonable explanation on her force power; I'll wait to see what it is before call it force-user power creep. I still think if Kylo is healthy, she gets her ass kicked in the forest.
TCTTS
AG
I will personally send you $100 if there's a TLJ spot during the Super Bowl. That's how confident I am that there won't be one. Besides, Kennedy is already on record as saying that the first trailer/footage will be "spring" (i.e. Celebration).
First Page Last Page
Page 538 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.