Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,315 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Good news. Your order shipped on 03/31/16.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'd like to know that too, also is Clone Wars worth watching?

Get on reddit and find a viewing guide, and just watch the core episodes.
Highly recommend using the viewing guide for Clone Wars. I'm finishing up on that lost missions season on Netflix right now and glad I used the viewing guide to skip what I've heard are pretty meh to abominable jar jar episodes. Anytime I ventured off the episode guide I found the episode to be pretty pointless. Even some of the guide episodes are still quite cartoony.

http://imgur.com/gallery/suvAMuY
That's very do-able. How many of the "Honorable Mention" ones did you watch?
At a glance, a lot of the Honorable Mention ones are pretty solid eps. Be sure to watch anything involving the Clones as those tend to be the better episodes.

Malevolence, Grievous, Bounty Hunters, Mortis, Deception, Return of Maul, and Onderon are all pretty good.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Maul 's arc in TCW is pretty integral to his story in Rebels.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Rey over Yoda? Not on my watch.
He's falling behind. VOREEEE
The Collective
AG
SJWs taking out Yoda in favor of Rey.

#GLM
fig96
AG
quote:
Maul 's arc in TCW is pretty integral to his story in Rebels.
Good to know, thanks.

Now y'all have me wanting to watch Rebels, gotta finish Daredevil first though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
His arc in TCW is pretty awesome, and watching it will keep you from going wtf later in rebels.
fig96
AG
quote:
His arc in TCW is pretty awesome, and watching it will keep you from going wtf later in rebels.
I've seen all of TCW so I'm familiar with that, started off a bit odd then ended up awesome.
hunter2012
AG
Here's the guide to watch Clone Wars in chronological order.

I became a big fan of the show when I watched it in the right order.

Also for Rebels, I think it become a better show when you realize that it isn't supposed to be as grand of a scope as Clone Wars. It is exclusively about the crew of the Ghost and their place in the rebellion.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wait, why would you want to watch them in alphabetical order?
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Purchasing when I get home. Last night was a finale for Rebels that will be remembered and tonight I will hopefully be purchasing TFA and watching it.
So is Rebels worth catching up on? I've seen about half of the first season but couldn't really get into it.
The second season is SO MUCH BETTER. The finale last night might be the best Star Wars tv episode I've seen so far. Right up there with the Ashoka finale arc in clone wars.
I am slogging through clone wars now - and reading Dark Disciple
Dark disciple was great and it brought some solid closure to some of my favorite CW characters.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Hot on the heels of the Rebels season two finale, a YA novel featuring Ahsoka will arrive October 11, 2016.

quote:
Ahsoka Tano, fan favorite character from Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, will be the star of her own young adult novel from Disney Lucasfilm Press this October 11, 2016! Fans have long wondered what happened to Ahsoka after she left the Jedi Order near the end of the Clone Wars, and before she re-appeared as the mysterious Rebel operative Fulcrum in Rebels. Finally, her story will begin to be told. Following her experiences with the Jedi and the devastation of Order 66, Ahsoka is unsure she can be part of a larger whole ever again. But her desire to fight the evils of the Empire and protect those who need it will lead her right to Bail Organa, and the Rebel Alliance.

http://nerdist.com/new-star-wars-novel-featuring-ahsoka-tano-announced-exclusive/
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Wait, why would you want to watch them in alphabetical order?
fixed, alphabetical would have made the show fun though huh?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Would definitely make the main saga more interesting.

Attack of the Clones
Empire Strikes Back
New Hope
Phantom Menace
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
scubasteve304
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Highly recommend using the viewing guide for Clone Wars. I'm finishing up on that lost missions season on Netflix right now and glad I used the viewing guide to skip what I've heard are pretty meh to abominable jar jar episodes. Anytime I ventured off the episode guide I found the episode to be pretty pointless. Even some of the guide episodes are still quite cartoony.

That's very do-able. How many of the "Honorable Mention" ones did you watch?
I watched almost all of the honorable mentions, I think I only skipped the Younglings one and that was mostly due to fatigue. Fig is correct, most of the honorable mentions are solid stories that are worth watching. Lots of Good stuff. The Mortis arc is definitely a fascinating one.

I think the guide graphic was made before Rebels was even announced so in hindsight everyone is correct in that the Maul arcs are probably essential.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Would definitely make the main saga more interesting.

Attack of the Clones
Empire Strikes Back
New Hope
Phantom Menace
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith

Damn. Act 2, Act 1, Act 3. Nice, BES.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Hot on the heels of the Rebels season two finale, a YA novel featuring Ahsoka will arrive October 11, 2016.

quote:
Ahsoka Tano, fan favorite character from Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, will be the star of her own young adult novel from Disney Lucasfilm Press this October 11, 2016! Fans have long wondered what happened to Ahsoka after she left the Jedi Order near the end of the Clone Wars, and before she re-appeared as the mysterious Rebel operative Fulcrum in Rebels. Finally, her story will begin to be told. Following her experiences with the Jedi and the devastation of Order 66, Ahsoka is unsure she can be part of a larger whole ever again. But her desire to fight the evils of the Empire and protect those who need it will lead her right to Bail Organa, and the Rebel Alliance.

http://nerdist.com/new-star-wars-novel-featuring-ahsoka-tano-announced-exclusive/

My favorite character from the prequel era.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

No season 6?
AliasMan02
AG
Ditto. And the Dark Times is my favorite era.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Ditto. And the Dark Times is my favorite era.

I really wish she could find her way into Rogue One, even if she does during the climax.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

Oh really? More than Kenboi?

hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Oh really? More than Kenboi?

Darth Vader's former apprentice is more interesting than Darth Vader's former master, yes.

Yes Kenobi is the best character in the movies, but that's all on Ewan.
TheDoctor
AG
Is anyone else having the dilemma of wanting to buy it on ITunes and then 4 days later buying it on BluRay....which will probably include a digital copy.

fig96
AG
It will

I've gone almost purely digital these days so it was a no brainer, I'll prob pick up the blu-Ray at some point as well.
SeattleAgJr
InternetFan02
AG
watching documentary now...downloading movie to kids ipads...considering watching movie tonight but promised 8 year old we'd watch tomorrow after school

on that thought the coolest part of the documentary so far was the interview with a father/son team of production artists (dad designed the Empire strikes back snow speeders and they had the original drawing)...2nd coolest is Boyega freaking out over getting to enter the falcon and play around...or giddy JJ Abrams right after they film Han and Chewie entering the falcon...the overall theme I'm getting is the nostalgia for the original trilogy and trying to capture everything about it...
fig96
AG
Awesome stuff.

I noticed that early on after JJ took over, there was a real reverence for the original trilogy that seemed to be missing from the prequels. He truly wanted to make a film that both respected and lived up to the originals and it showed.
Duncan Idaho
http://m.imgur.com/YYXSRrR
GiveEmHellBill
AG
More of the adventures of Kylo & Darth:

Definitely Not A Cop
AG

Darth Maul Netflix series?
The Collective
AG
It's fake. All of it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
It's fake. All of it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My blu-ray is in freaking Louisville.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BDp7-59Q__8
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Regardless, A Darth Maul Netflix series would be badass. I think I would rather see a Bobba Fett Netflix series rather than a movie as well. Do either in the same vein as Daredevil, dark and gory.
First Page Last Page
Page 388 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.