Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,513 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 48 min ago by TCTTS
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JAggie2007
SwigAg11
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Looks like digital release is up. Five more days for me. Can't wait!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Too good
fig96
AG
Will be purchasing when I get home tonight.
3rdGen2015
AG
Which means the deleted scenes are already up on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn9H_Yw8h65XM24FuxmeINrrx7Hn-3Y99
The Collective
AG
Expect a ton of youtube montage / highlight type videos. Who is going to sort through them and bring us the most worthwhile ones over the next week?
Dro07
AG
thats it?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

lol

"roger jump to light speed"

"is there any other speed?"

The Collective
AG
People have said for over a month that the deleted scenes were pretty meh / add nothing to the story. I don't know why people have made a big deal out of it for the digital / BD release.
fig96
AG
I'm looking forward to the documentary more than anything else, I've heard good things.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

Dang, they're all that short?

Gonna wait till I get my BR.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I'm looking forward to the documentary more than anything else, I've heard good things.
Same. Gonna be tough to beat the Episode I doc but I'm excited to watch it.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

lol

The lady who says "You're friends gonna be just fine" is way to close, stares too long, and is VERY creepy....

I wonder if that's Norra Wexley? Temmin's mom?
The Collective
AG
quote:
Dang, they're all that short?

I really think the deleted scenes trailer was more exciting.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

yeah i would have liked some better deleted scenes stuff.....but thats not why I'm buying the BR.

It's so I can sit in my own darkened living room with the big screen, crank the surround sound to 11 and enjoy the hell out of some star wars again!!!!

after my first watch through maybe i'll even give that proposed Machete Order to watch the series in a try...4, 5, 2, 3, 6 and then 7 again.

sounds like a good weekend.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Purchasing when I get home. Last night was a finale for Rebels that will be remembered and tonight I will hopefully be purchasing TFA and watching it.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol

The lady who says "You're friends gonna be just fine" is way to close, stares too long, and is VERY creepy....

I wonder if that's Norra Wexley? Temmin's mom?
I was kind of hoping Finn would have a serious injury to his back considering he got sliced across the back... could have been cool to give him robotic assisted legs.
3rdGen2015
AG
I mean they didn't say that wasn't going to happen. Technically Vader was "ok" too.
fig96
AG
quote:
Purchasing when I get home. Last night was a finale for Rebels that will be remembered and tonight I will hopefully be purchasing TFA and watching it.
So is Rebels worth catching up on? I've seen about half of the first season but couldn't really get into it.
3rdGen2015
AG
I'd like to know that too, also is Clone Wars worth watching?
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
So is Rebels worth catching up on? I've seen about half of the first season but couldn't really get into it.
The second season is SO MUCH BETTER. The finale last night might be the best Star Wars tv episode I've seen so far. Right up there with the Ashoka finale arc in clone wars.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
quote:
quote:

lol

.5 past light speed
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I haven't watched Rebels but I just watched clip of the big duel during lunch. Great stuff.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Luke edges past Obi-Wan, Yoda and Rey locked in a dead heat, Boba finally getting rightly beat by Kylo Ren.

http://www.starwars.com/this-is-madness
Simplebay
AG
Rey over Yoda? Not on my watch.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Get on reddit and find a viewing guide, and just watch the core episodes.
The Collective
AG
I watched all of CW, because of the kid, but I definitely recommend the watch guide to get through it. The ones on the watch guide list are money, and that'd be the way I'd approach it if it were just me.
Rebels is quality stuff. Sure, there are some meh episodes, and it is hard to get into a cartoon - though, I worked through this issue on CW. I doubt that I would have made it into CW without the kid asking me questions about the force, jedi, proclaiming that Anakin is the greatest jedi of all time, etc. Fun times. As a guy who grew up with a great dad (but one that hated sitting down for a movie or tv show), I think getting to share these experiences with my son has been a bit extra special for me.
scubasteve304
AG
quote:
quote:

Highly recommend using the viewing guide for Clone Wars. I'm finishing up on that lost missions season on Netflix right now and glad I used the viewing guide to skip what I've heard are pretty meh to abominable jar jar episodes. Anytime I ventured off the episode guide I found the episode to be pretty pointless. Even some of the guide episodes are still quite cartoony.

http://imgur.com/gallery/suvAMuY
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Highly recommend using the viewing guide for Clone Wars. I'm finishing up on that lost missions season on Netflix right now and glad I used the viewing guide to skip what I've heard are pretty meh to abominable jar jar episodes. Anytime I ventured off the episode guide I found the episode to be pretty pointless. Even some of the guide episodes are still quite cartoony.

http://imgur.com/gallery/suvAMuY
That's very do-able. How many of the "Honorable Mention" ones did you watch?
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The second season is SO MUCH BETTER. The finale last night might be the best Star Wars tv episode I've seen so far. Right up there with the Ashoka finale arc in clone wars.
Good to know, thanks. I'll find some time to dig back into it.

I've watched all of Clone Wars (I enjoy animated series) and that was worth it, though I definitely had to power through some of the Jar Jar and droid focused episodes. Wish I'd known about the viewing guide
Dro07
AG
I passed the time and watched them all while on the treadmill and rower.
The Collective
AG
Based on this season of Rebels, I'd get caught up on the CW / Rebels world quickly and buckle up for season 3 of Rebels to take you right into the Rogue One hype machine.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I am slogging through clone wars now - and reading Dark Disciple
First Page Last Page
Page 387 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.